Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    ok?

i just said that what people deem as lucky plays made by the Pats aren't lucky at all. They've been conditioned to react at those moments. Those are heady plays. Like week 1 vs the Bills. That wasn't luck. Leodis was dumb enough to take it out, and they ripped the ball out of his hands. It wasn't a lucky fumble, 2 guys went to rip it out and recover it. They knew what needed to be done and they did it. Thats not luck. Thats a well coached group of guys who are ready for any moment.

I don't see what correlation youre trying to make.
    Well those lucky plays are usually titled "clutch" plays.

If brady executes in the last 2 minutes and scores. That isnt clutch. That is just a good player executing. You see the correlation?

Comment

Flacco's so good because he's got the best RB in the league on his team. Those juicy thighs just distract the DB's, obv.
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
        Well those lucky plays are usually titled "clutch" plays.

If brady executes in the last 2 minutes and scores. That isnt clutch. That is just a good player executing. You see the correlation?
        If said CB's strip the ball, it's because they practice to and are strong enough.
        If said DE's bull rush through the tackle, it's because they practice and are strong enough.

it's not clutch. it's good players executing the skills they have. because clutch doesn't exist.

the opportunity to fail and fall apart, aka, the mike vanderjagt syndrome, does exist.
        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

I wish we had Cam as a coach again....but only as a coordinator. He doesnt know how to lead a team but he sure does know how to develop QB's.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
            Fun fact: Relatively unheralded Jaguars linebacker Justin Durant is on pace for 149 tackles (123 solo) and five forced fumbles this year.

He has led the team in tackles every week so far.
            Not saying he isn't a good player because i haven't seen him play at all, but tackles might be the most meaningless stat in all of professional sports, right up there with QB rating and saves in baseball.

Comment

Devin hester has more receiving yards than Fitzgerald, Boldin, Roy Williams, TO, Roddy White, marshall, edwards and Houshmandzadeh. beast!

Comment

I think you mean David Harris being on Pat Willis level of a MLB/ILB not Jon Beason......

Comment

Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                  I wish we had Cam as a coach again....but only as a coordinator. He doesnt know how to lead a team but he sure does know how to develop QB's.
                  John Beck?

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                    Embarrassments from the wk:
                    • Brady Quinn -- Welcome back to riding the pine.
                    • Jason Campbell -- Almost singlehandedly broke the Lions 16-game losing streak
                    • Bobby Carpenter -- Can't tackle your grandmother
                    • Vikings FG team -- Walk them thru it again, it's all about blocking the rushers
                    • Carolina DBs missed tackles -- See Carpenter comment, above
                    • Jake Delhomme -- clinging to the Turnover King crown with 17 of them since the 08 playoff loss
                    • Entire Rams team -- The Sheep are neck in neck with Cleveland for the #1 pick next April
                    Not that he is an embarrassment to the Jets but Ryan Mouton cost the Titans 14 pts and what was the game.

He gets the embarrassment gameball of the week hands down.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      If we're speaking of underrated ILBs, to me, the most unappreciated MIKE is easily David Harris.

David Harris in my eyes, is better than Patrick Willis.

He's played like it thus far in his career, the only reason why he doesn't get the recognition that Willis gets is because he doesn't have the workout numbers that Willis has.

But Harris is the best 3-4 ILB in the game, arguably the best inside backer in the league.
                      You're so wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
                        Not that he is an embarrassment to the Jets but Ryan Mouton cost the Titans 14 pts and what was the game.

He gets the embarrassment gameball of the week hands down.
                        Agreed. Mouton handed the Jets the win on a silver platter. His fumbles were the difference in the game.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• A few thoughts i had:

Jim Mora made a real poor attempt on firing up an injury riddled team by throwing the Kicker under the bus. I liked his dad's tirades better.

Jay Cutler i think has figured it out, he doesnt have the best receiving corps but he knows he can win it at the end. Pittsburgh was a huge game and it's never easy to win at Seattle with that crowd noise.

I am wondering if Julius Peppers has turned back his paycheck for last nights game because from what i saw he was a joke. Don't have to worry about injury because he isnt going to get hurt this year.

For all the attention Brett Favre got this weekend (all deserved) Greg Lewis made a phenominal catch.

Peyton Manning has really surpassed Tom Brady in my opinion as the best in the game, really surpassed.

Steve Smith admitted he purposely ran a differant route on Dallas's int for a TD. All the while the whole world was ripping Jake DelHomme for it.

Gonna take T.O.s side for once on his struggles in Buffalo. The Evans and Owens duo isnt going to work with a guy that cant or wont throw the ball over 10 yards.

Comment

• My quick takes:

Darren McFadden cannot hold onto the football. He is a good player in a bad situation, he can block, he runs with power, and catches well. But man his fumblitis is out of this world. He has a chance to bounce back next week against the Texans defense... or lack thereof.

The Rams will be better off with Kyle Boller, wow, who would thought that could ever be said. I think Donnie Avery is secretly happy there is a QB who will throw it deep.

The Redskins are terrible, they barely beat the Rams at home and lost to the (albeit improved) Lions. Its time to say goodbye to Jim Zorn and Jason Campbell, hello Mike Shannahan.

Matt Ryan played well, but the defense just couldn't get off the field.

Tom Brady is not the same guy and may never be.

The Eagles should make Kevin Kolb their full time starter. We all know McNabb can do well, but they might as well move on towards the future. I don't think there would be any drop-off.

Great, as if we need to hear anything more about Brett Favre... great throw though.

The Bills stopped the Saints' passing attack?!

Isn't it odd that Cedric Benson looks like the better player than Matt Forte?

Comment

• Definitely agree on Mora, that was revealing in more than one way, none positive.

Raheem Morris is calling out more than guy, more than once. Is there a guy more in over his head in the NFL than Raheem Morris? I don't think so. As for his earlier statement to Josh Johnson of him being a "career back-up QB", well that may be true, just like Morris is a "career defensive backs coach" at best.

Btw that career back-up is already starting for the career defensive backs coach in Week 4. Way to peg that one right on the head, hotshot. You're really making the hire young head coaches trend look good.

This guy is like the anti-Dungy. He waited too little for a head coaching job, has a spunky personality, won't be in Tampa Bay for long, but will make the team worse from when he inherited it.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Gonna have to disagree with you about Kolb. He did decently against some of the weaker passing D's in the league. However, give teams time to prepare for him, and he'd probably get exposed at this point. McNabb gives the Eagles the best chance to win this year, when he is healthy.

However, I did say to some of my Eagles fan friends outside of SWDC that it is conceivable that the Eagles go into 2010 without McNabb or Westbrook.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information