No announcement yet.

New Coaches for 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marty has said that he is done coaching, but has interest in a front office gig.

I'm still not ready to give up on Mangini.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
    <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
    <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
    <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
      Anyone think Marty Schottenheimer will eve make a comeback? If its me and I have a team with a Top 5 pick, there aren't many available coaches I'd rather have to turn my team around.

Also, I'd like to see Brian Billick make a comeback. Kyle Boller single-handedly ended his career as an NFL head coach.
      I was really hoping he was going to be our coach instead of Haley. He has history here in KC and I think the fans would welcome him back with open arms. I'm not sure how long Haley is going to last in KC if most of the rumors are true. I'd love him as an OC though, but I really would have preferred someone else for the HC job.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
        Marty has said that he is done coaching, but has interest in a front office gig.

I'm still not ready to give up on Mangini.
        Marty in the FO is a bad idea. He hates rookies. He hates quarterbacks.

Comment

i think you will end up seeing Cowher in Carolina and if Dallas does not do good then i think you will see Shanahan there.

Matthew 19:26
          Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

I think Ron Rivera has a good chance, he arguably should have gotten a job the last time he was a candidate. Now he has experience in 4-3 blitzing, cover-2, 3-4 defense, and has had success everywhere.

Comment

I really really really hope that Childress gets fired and Frazier gets the head coach job in Minny.

sig by fenikz
              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
              You are just a terrible person.
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              I have an iPhone.

Comment

Assuming Cable gets canned (he will, barring some massive turnaround), Oakland is probably going to hire from the college ranks. I guess I'd put Pat Hill's name at the top of that list, but I'm not sure he's stupid enough to take the job.

Comment

Some big names out there. Like huge names. I can't believe guys like Mangini, Zorn, and Cable are head coaches when Marty, Holmgren, Shanahan, Cowher, and Gruden aren't.

Id be betting on Holmgren/Shanahan taking over a combo of Dallas/ Washington. And if Cowher comes back I see him in Carolina. I don't see Marty returning and obviously Gruden seems to be doing well with his new gig.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    Assuming Cable gets canned (he will, barring some massive turnaround), Oakland is probably going to hire from the college ranks. I guess I'd put Pat Hill's name at the top of that list, but I'm not sure he's stupid enough to take the job.
                    Al was going to hire Kevin Gilbride last year. Gilbride is aware he probably won't ever get another head coaching job so he will at least consider taking the job with the Raiders, lucky us.

all these great coaches and we get Gilbride or Jim Fassel... Can't wait
                    Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Russ Grimm hasn't improved our o-line at all

Comment

Leslie Frazier is definitely gone from the Vikings after this year. Teams are going to love his mixture of Dungy's Tampa 2 and Jim Johnson's blitz schemes.

Other assistant that looks to be a lock is Kevin Gilbride from the Giants
                        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Cowher is leaning toward his home state of NC, either the Panthers if they fire Fox or his alma mater NC St. He still owns his retirement home there.

I can see Snyder throwing so many mega-millions at Holmgren he will come out of retirement to take over the Skins. Sad & ironic he can't go home to SF where he's wanted to coach since he was a Walsh asst. I think both Jason Campbell & Zorn are done in DC after this yr.

paranoidmoonduck's rumor about Gilbride to the Raiders was common in the Bay Area, if given a free hand with revamping the offense after Russell is officially labeled a bust he could take it.

The Raiders job has strangely become only the 2nd least desirable NFL HC position, whoever takes over the mess Mangini leaves in Cleveland, God help him, it might be the last job filled.

Still not drinking the Shanahan to Dallas KoolAid .... yet. The majority of Dallas fans aren't either. The flip side of that argument is that Phillips is just a placeholder for the one Jerry Jones wants, Jeff Fisher, Bud Adams has gone to great pains to reupp him & lock him up in Tennessee so it ain't happening. The one constant in this Dallas equation is that Phillips is on notice to turn the team around or else. Best guess: Phillips is wk. to wk, a blowout loss & the consequential Jerry embarrassment will send him cleaning out his desk. After Jason Garrett's mind-numbing dumbass playcalling in the red zone Monday night I don't think he would be more than an interim HC in that case
                          Last edited by LizardState; 09-30-2009, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Russ Grimm, Leslie Frazier, Bill Sheridan, Sean McDermott, Hue Jackson, Todd Bowles, Jeff Davidson, Brian Schottenheimer, Kyle Shannahan, John Harbaugh, Turner Gill, Kirk Ferentz.

Comment

i really hope someone hires jeff "i have deangelo williams and jonathan stewart so im going to pass 30 times a game with jake delhomme" davidson off the panthers

Comment

What is the probability Tony Dungy returns to coaching? Never in infinity? 99.9 % no?

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                                Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information