No announcement yet.

Almost 1st Qtr. of the Season Awards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure Denver would give McDaniels coach of the year.

Comment

Charles Woodson won DPOM so.... Idk I had to get a plug in for him somewhere.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
        The Saints are an ILB away from having a great defense? So, you're saying we need someone better than Johnathan Vilma?
        Yeah, I didn't get that one either. And, for the time being I'm set with Jabari Greer (who has been lights out thus far) and Tracy Porter manning our DB position. I think a DT and a slight upgrade at OLB would help us but other than that we're not doing too shabby.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

It's weird but I think some of the races are getting narrowed down in a hurry.

Hard to not think Mark Sanchez will win OROY with health provided.
          Rey is looking pretty good in the DROY race.

Coach of the year is kind of open still but Rex Ryan and Singletary are looking very good at this point. Marvin Lewis, Sean Payton and Josh McDaniels also have a shot but I think a lot could change with these teams that would take the coach out of the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            Yeah, I didn't get that one either. And, for the time being I'm set with Jabari Greer (who has been lights out thus far) and Tracy Porter manning our DB position. I think a DT and a slight upgrade at OLB would help us but other than that we're not doing too shabby.
            I think we could use an upgrade at SS and a long term replacement for darren sharper but no team is perfect. Im very happy with our corner situation

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
              Comeback; I can't think of anyone doing better than Benson. Maybe Vick or Mike Williams just because they're in the damn league

LOL hello? Tom Brady. All he has to do is put up slightly above average numbers and he'll get it because he plays the glory position of quarterback.

Vick won't get enough touches to produce.

Comment

Originally posted by BBIB View Post
                LOL hello? Tom Brady. All he has to do is put up slightly above average numbers and he'll get it because he plays the glory position of quarterback.

Vick won't get enough touches to produce.
                compared to his standards, Tom brady is playing rather abysmal right now

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                  Pls. nominate your own choices in the thread.

Coach ot Yr:

Rex Ryan, Jets -- Sanchez' success has Jets fans reminiscing about Joe Willie Namath circa 1969 (it was their only championship, so wth). He's taken those $140M worth of FAs Mangini brought in & done something with them. Trash-talking HC walks the walk too & commands league-wide respect.

Mike Singletary, 49ers -- Completely changed the 49ers team mindset to smashmouth ball & has converted one of the league's worst defenses into believing they're for real, Clements & Willis are playing at Pro Bowler form. These 9ers needed someone to put the fire in their bellies & Singletary has done it.

Sean Payton, Saints -- Awesome offense under Brees, the best field general/game-mgmt. QB in the NFL. New DC Greg Wiliams is turning their defense around, IMO they're still a DT, ILB, & DB away from the franchise's 1st SB.

Note: I refuse to put 3-0 HCs McDaniels or Coughlin in here b/c I really intensely dislike them both, one's an a-hole & the other a d-bag & you can figure out which. Homers can nominate them if they want.

Comeback Player ot Yr:

Cedric Benson, RB, Bengals -- The Bengals?? Beating the Steelers? Not in this universe, but it happened. Benson has turned his lifestyle & his game around 180 degrees.

Defensive & Offensive Rookies ot Yr -- Way, way too early to tell, but some names I could throw out there:

Knowshon Moreno, RB, Denver
                  Ray Maualaga, LB, Bengals
                  Mark Sanchez, QB, Jets
                  Pat White, Wildcat QB, Fins
                  Glen Coffee, RB, 49ers

So throw some names from your teams out there.

What is Cedric Benson coming back from? It's not breakout player.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                    What is Cedric Benson coming back from? It's not breakout player.
                    He's coming back from floating his way out of the Chicago Bears on an ocean of booze. And those public drunk arrests too :(

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                      What is Cedric Benson coming back from?
                      From sucking.. he overstayed though

Comment

IMO they're still a DT, ILB, & DB away from the franchise's 1st SB.
                        Edit: IMO they're still a DT, ILB not named Vilma, & DB not named Darren Sharper away from the franchise's 1st SB. <--fixed it

Speaking of which has Roman Harper come back to his top rookie form yet after his knee injury?

That's achievable, maybe one more draft & one more offseason of free agency. The Saints in the SB < 10 yrs. after Katrina would be an epic comeback story, they were at death's door & about 2 steps from moving to San Antonio. And Payton was Coach of the Yr before for a good reason.
                        Last edited by LizardState; 09-30-2009, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Why would Sean Payton get coach of the year? He hasn't changed his game plan or his performance, all he did was take a pay cut so someone else could be hired.

Rex Ryan is far and away the leader, with Singletary working hard to keep up.

Comment

Sanchez for OROY! Viva Sanchez!

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                              Miami has averaged around seven yards per play in the Wild Cat formation so far this year. I wouldn't say it's done just yet.
                              yeahthat ^

Congrats on not being ignorant like most media/fans.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                                Edit: IMO they're still a DT, ILB not named Vilma, & DB not named Darren Sharper away from the franchise's 1st SB. <--fixed it

Speaking of which has Roman Harper come back to his top rookie form yet after his knee injury?

That's achievable, maybe one more draft & one more offseason of free agency. The Saints in the SB < 10 yrs. after Katrina would be an epic comeback story, they were at death's door & about 2 steps from moving to San Antonio. And Payton was Coach of the Yr before for a good reason.
                                what is the point of having 2 ilb in a 4-3? but outside of that (just chance the i in an o and all saints fans will agree with you, fujita and shanle on the outside is marginal and I think we can all agree on that).
                                Roman Harper has been okay and has grown already and will grow further into greg williams' system but he remains a liability in coverage imo.

I agree with you on the latter part however. Sean Payton frustrates me like crazy sometimes cuz he looks like he is playing madden but outside that he has done a great job. His best feat (imo) is that players want to play for him. He gets the right vets into town partially just because he is a likeable but still tough enough coach. he is someone most people want to play for.

besides that: saints football = sexy ;)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                                - No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information