No announcement yet.

Almost 1st Qtr. of the Season Awards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's that guy named Carson Palmer who's not doing so bad too. Oh and that Osi Umenyora is doing pretty good. I personally think the record-setting season Brady had the year prior to his injury might hinder his chances at CBPOTB.

Comment

I don't see how Cedric Benson can be comeback player of the year. He played the last 12 games last year and would've gone for approx 1000 yards if he played all 16.

I also disagree that the Patriots are playing like ****. They aren't playing as well as they were two years ago but if they go to the playoffs I still he think Brady wins it.

As for Carson Palmer, he is pedestrian most of the game then plays well in the last 5 minutes. Not that that's a bad thing if they continue to win games. Plus that INT that Ed Reed got was horrible on his part

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I'd just like to point out to some people (JBond) that Peyton Manning is playing extremely well with the likes of Pierre Garçon, Austin Collie, and the 29th ranked running game in the NFL. But mainly just wanted to point out how well Garçon and Collie are doing.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Add 6 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 PD, and 1 interception to Laurinatis's resume.
          | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Coach of the Year: Josh McDaniels
            MVP: Peyton Manning
            DPoTY: Jared Allen
            Comeback: Tom Brady (cuz hes tom brady!1!)
            ORoTY: Mark Sanchez
            DRoTY: Rey Maualuga

Comment

Peyton is MVP right now. Eli is right behind him though.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Orton is 3rd.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                  Orton is 3rd.
                  I have no problem with that. I've been on the McDaniels bandwagon since he traded Cutler.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I know everyone hates him as a person (including me,) but as of now Brett Favre has to be in the mix. Somewhere behind Peyton of course because he's the clear cut #1 right now, but I'd put him somewhere around 5.

Comment

Excuse me, ELEVEN tackles, 1 TFL, 1 PD and 1 INT to the Laurinatis club.
                      | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

I don't know why everyone thinks Sanchez is a lock for ROTY? He's already single handedly lost them one of their two losses. Of course that's to be expected of a rookie, but he throws a lot of check downs and dump offs. Jets are being far more conservative with the treatment of him than either Flacco or Ryan got last year. I think someone else will eventually pass him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          I don't know why everyone thinks Sanchez is a lock for ROTY? He's already single handedly lost them one of their two losses. Of course that's to be expected of a rookie, but he throws a lot of check downs and dump offs. Jets are being far more conservative with the treatment of him than either Flacco or Ryan got last year. I think someone else will eventually pass him.
                          Sanchez threw a couple of nice deep balls yesterday.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            I don't get it either, personally I don't think he is anywhere close to a lock right now. However Sanchez is obviously the early front runner for OROY. Being a QB he won't have to do too much to win the award, just put up half decent QB stats. But if he slips up I can see Percy Harvin, Knowshon Moreno, or maybe Johnny Knox taking the award.

Also I don't see why Rey Maualuga is seemingly getting all the love for DROY. Maualuga has a sack and a couple FFs, 1 pass defended, and 13 tackles. He is playing well but nothing stands out sooo far from some of the other guys that he shoul be thought as the front runner IMO.

James Laurinaitis, has an INT, 1 pass defensed, FR, 31 Tackles, the guy is always around the ball and on sunday showed he too can make a play. Brian Cushing has half a sack, 3 passes defended, a safety, and 22 tackles. Even Clay Matthews deserves a mention for his big TD on monday night were he ripped the ball out of AD's hands, he also has a sack an 4 tackles. Last but not least Aaron Curry has 2 sacks,1 pass defensed, 2 FFs, and 28 tackles.

For me my awards as it stands would look like this...

MVP:Peyton Manning
                            OPOY:Peyton Manning
                            DPOY:Jared Allen
                            OROY:Mark Sanchez
                            DROY:Aaron Curry
                            Comeback:Tom Brady
                            Coach:Josh McDaniels

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                              Excuse me, ELEVEN tackles, 1 TFL, 1 PD and 1 INT to the Laurinatis club.
                              how many of them were pile dives that he got credit for? considering those were about 75% of his at college...
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information