• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Far...This Guy

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      There's a difference between MVP and who would hurt the most to lose.
      Agreed. The Vikings could win without Peterson, Cowboys without Felix Jones, and Browns without Joe Thomas. Kidding about the last one cause they can't win with him. Zing.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
        Agreed. The Vikings could win without Peterson, Cowboys without Felix Jones, and Browns without Joe Thomas. Kidding about the last one cause they can't win with him. Zing.
        The Vikings win consistently without AD? Riiiiight.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Eagles

OMVP-McNabb
          DMVP-Trent Cole

Comment

COREY WEBSTER...

yes for the Giants it is Corey Webster, number 23... He has had 12 Passes thrown his way in three games, allowed 3 completitions for 22 yards (one was a screen) and has gotten 1 interception. Corey Webster is defenitly a top 5 corner (maybe even top 3) in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
              Joe Thomas is the best tackle in football

Regards,

Jared Allen and Terrell Suggs
              Thomas is great in pass protection, but extremely average in the run game, while on the other hand Jason Peters has man handled Julius Peppers and Will Smith in pass protection and the run game.

Remember when he was generally considered as a top 5 tackle? Yes, he is playing better than that right now. I don't think I can really emphasize enough how great he has been. When the Eagles run behind him the Eagles are averaging 5.3 yards per carry and when the Browns run behind Joe Thomas they're averaging exactly 2.56 yards per carry. That is nearly double.

Here I'll give you an example of what happens nearly every time in the run game, he is doing great.
              ">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350">

Comment

"Iíll kill a snitch. Iím not saying I have. Iím not saying I havenítÖĒ

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                  Thomas is great in pass protection, but extremely average in the run game, while on the other hand Jason Peters has man handled Julius Peppers and Will Smith in pass protection and the run game.

Remember when he was generally considered as a top 5 tackle? Yes, he is playing better than that right now. I don't think I can really emphasize enough how great he has been. When the Eagles run behind him the Eagles are averaging 5.3 yards per carry and when the Browns run behind Joe Thomas they're averaging exactly 2.56 yards per carry. That is nearly double.
                  Are you sure that has nothing to do with the fact that the talent level on the teams is completely different? Both RBs on philly are better than the starter in cleveland. Peters has been better this year, probably somewhere in the top 5. But to be fair, he was just aweful last year. It will probably take the whole season to get rid of that bad taste.

Roos>Clady>Gross=Thomas>Peters

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                  Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                  i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                  Originally posted by Job
                  NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                    Are you sure that has nothing to do with the fact that the talent level on the teams is completely different? Both RBs on philly are better than the starter in cleveland. Peters has been better this year, probably somewhere in the top 5. But to be fair, he was just aweful last year. It will probably take the whole season to get rid of that bad taste.

Roos>Clady>Gross=Thomas>Peters
                    Peters has played well so far this year but last year I think he was one of the worst... if not the worst LTs in football (pass protection wise). He gave up 13.5 sacks I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Toneloc498 View Post
                      Peters has played well so far this year but last year I think he was one of the worst... if not the worst LTs in football (pass protection wise). He gave up 13.5 sacks I believe
                      Yes, but he was the best run blocking tackle in football
                      http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blo...f-grendel.html

Comment

He is a very good run blocker but with the Offense that you guys run in Philly and how much you pass the ball vrs how much you run id much rather have the top pass blocking LT then the top run blocking LT.

Comment

Unfortunately we don't have access to those stats for everyone (at least I don't know where to find them) because it would be pretty interesting. Peters is ultra athletic but like I said, he is going to need to prove himself some more after last season.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                          Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                          i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                          Originally posted by Job
                          NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                            1. Kris Jenkins
                            2. Darrelle Revis
                            3. David Harris
                            4. Bart Scott
                            5. Mark Sanchez
                            Taking what Bart Scott does off the field out of account, I'd flip him out for Cotchery. Keeping it in account, I'll take Sanchize out for J-Co. Giving the rook a solid, go to WR has been huge, and he has produced in all three games. The running game hasn't been going and he's been the driving force in the passing game since Keller has been somewhat up and down (I presume defenses are keying on him), so I think he has to be on the list.

Otherwise I'd keep it the same though. The OL hasn't been playing great, the DE's and OLB's have been solid but unspectacular, same with the defensive backfield besides Revis. Harris has been a monster, and it's tough to ignore Baby Lockdown's play, but the big man in the middle is the key for this team. If he goes down I think it hurts the team's ability to win this season more than anybody else.

Comment

Joe Thomas>Jason Peters

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                                There's a difference between MVP and who would hurt the most to lose.
                                You're going to have to explain this one to me. I assumed the person who is most valuable to your team would be the exact same person who hurts the most to lose.

Now, I can see if a player is going above and beyond expectation that you want recognize him for that, but it doesn't make him your most valuable player.

for example, lets say Dwight Freeney is having a career year, maybe he eclipses his personal best of 16 sacks. But Peyton Manning does exactly what is expected of him (30+ TD's and 4,000 yards); Peyton Manning is still your most valuable player. It may hurt to lose either player, but I could see the Colts fighting through the play offs without Freeney. I just don't see similar results with Jim Sorgi leading that team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information