What is the legacy of Randy Moss?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
    And that ridiculously stacked Minnesota team that choked to the Falcons.

And isn't this year 3 of Moss in New England?
    A year and a couple games would mean all of '07 and a couple games this year. Brady was out last year, 'member?

Comment

The goal is to win the Superbowl and Jerry Rice was at his best on the biggest stage.
      That's ********. A WR probably has the least in his control on whether his team is successful or not, so i don't know why you're trying to use Super Bowl wins as a barometer for greatness between Rice and Moss.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        It's his 3rd year but Brady was out all of last year.
        Fair enough.

I still do not see how anyone can rule out championships... that is the whole point

Comment

If you're going with that, Don Hutson wins, because when Hutson started in the league, they did not double team receivers. Everyone played straight up one on one. Then he put up numbers equivalent to the next three guys combined
          Fair enough, I just think Randy's impact on the passing game even when he isn't touching the ball is mindblowing and have never seen Hutson play.

And that ridiculously stacked Minnesota team that choked to the Falcons.

And isn't this year 3 of Moss in New England?
          That ridiculously stacked Minnesota team still had a mediocre defense which the 9ers never really suffered from.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
          Originally posted by JBCX
          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Shouldn't we answer this question once Randy Moss's career is done?

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
              That's ********. A WR probably has the least in his control on whether his team is successful or not, so i don't know why you're trying to use Super Bowl wins as a barometer for greatness between Rice and Moss.
              Doesn't that make his achievements more impressive?

Superbowl XXIII - 11 catches, 215 yards, 1 TD, and the MVP
              Superbowl XXIV - 7 catches, 148 yards, 3 TDs
              Superbowl XXIX - 10 catches, 149 yards, 3 TDs

Comment

Watch This Video! I love DeAngelo Hall's story at the beginning.

Comment

He is a very good WR, but eventually when his knees and speed gives out he is going to have to find something else to help keep him a dangerous weapon.

Guys like Smith and Rice, once their speed gave out, they still managed to stay sharp with route running, blocking, getting better at the smaller things.

Comment

One of the best WR's of all time when motivated. Was great in Minnesota, quit on the team in Oakland, and so far is great in New England.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

a few thoughts

1) didnt rice play on the raiders too?...he didnt make them better either thus making the whole "what did randy do in oakland" argument silly.

2) saying rice has more rings than randy is evidence that he is better is bull...along those lines of thinking one must also come to the conclusion that bradshaw is better than marino or that robert horry is a million times better than karl malone.

3) there is no doubt that rice had the better career and when looking at their career as a whole than rice is the better reciever...but its equally as obvious that moss at the peak of his game was better than rice at the peak of his game....same goes for my greatest boxer argument...yea ali had a better career and you would be a fool to think that he wasnt better than tyson under that theory...but give me a prime 1987 iron mike over any version of ali....so who's ultimately "better"?...depends on how you look at it i reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by roscoesdad27 View Post
                        a few thoughts

1) didnt rice play on the raiders too?...he didnt make them better either thus making the whole "what did randy do in oakland" argument silly.

2) saying rice has more rings than randy is evidence that he is better is bull...along those lines of thinking one must also come to the conclusion that bradshaw is better than marino or that robert horry is a million times better than karl malone.

3) there is no doubt that rice had the better career and when looking at their career as a whole than rice is the better reciever...but its equally as obvious that moss at the peak of his game was better than rice at the peak of his game....same goes for my greatest boxer argument...yea ali had a better career and you would be a fool to think that he wasnt better than tyson under that theory...but give me a prime 1987 iron mike over any version of ali....so who's ultimately "better"?...depends on how you look at it i reckon.
                        Rice went to the Super Bowl with the Raiders, what is this about him not making the team better?

Boxing example aside, I would take Rice's peak over Moss's in a second. Perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                          Watch This Video! I love DeAngelo Hall's story at the beginning.

This video makes me want another really strong armed QB on the vikings.

sig by fenikz
                          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                          You are just a terrible person.
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
                            This video makes me want another really strong armed QB on the vikings.
                            What about teh favruh>

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                              he still jogs routes and has a sense of entitlement which is another reason i'd never put him in the top spot
                              Which makes you wonder, how good would he have been if he actually had a consistent work ethic? Pretty scary to think about.

Randy gets by on talent a lot of the time. I think Calvin Johnson is going to be what Randy should have been.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                                Which makes you wonder, how good would he have been if he actually had a consistent work ethic? Pretty scary to think about.

Randy gets by on talent a lot of the time. I think Calvin Johnson is going to be what Randy should have been.
                                Calvin is a much bulkier wideout than Randy ever was. I know all about the 4.35 and I'll drool about Megatron any day of the week, but Randy has always had an extra gear that can only be described as pure insanity that I'm not quite sure Calvin can get to. I obviously think Calvin is going to be amazing for a very long time, dominant in fact, but it's going to take more than that to put Randy in the rear view mirror.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information