Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garcia: Raiders in 'unfortunate situation'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Garcia: Raiders in 'unfortunate situation'

    Free agent Jeff Garcia felt the need to get away from the Oakland Raiders.

    After a short stint with the Philadelphia Eagles, it's more than apparent why.


    Garcia
    "I have no problem going into a situation and helping a young guy out and really trying to help the team out overall more so than anything," Garcia said Friday during an appearance on Fox Sports Radio, referring to Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell. "I just feel like it's an unfortunate situation when the entire work ethic and the entire goal of the team is really put upon one guy's shoulder."

    Garcia, 39, who was cut last month by the Eagles only weeks after his release from the Raiders, with whom he signed in April, said despite Russell's talent, he "really isn't maybe ready for that situation or ready to take on that sort of responsibility."

    "When you put him on the field in a one-on-one workout session he'll make every throw for you," Garcia said during the radio show. "But when it comes down to making things happen in the heat of the battle and rallying the troops around you and making a case for the team, that's where maybe things aren't where they need to be."

    With Russell slumping -- he has an NFL-worst 39.8 pass rating -- Garcia could've been an option for the Raiders to re-sign.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4528142

  • #2
    Could be the problem. He finished strong last year, and maybe the expectations are getting to him. There is really no other explanation for this regression in accuracy.
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

    Comment


    • #3
      Im guessing the Raiders will now ban Garcia like they did with Gannon. :-)

      Comment


      • #4
        When will it be Gradkowski's turn??

        Comment


        • #5
          I hope soon....*sigh*...maybe I should go back into my Raiders fan hiatus

          "Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
          Originally posted by TitanHope
          R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
          He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
            Could be the problem. He finished strong last year, and maybe the expectations are getting to him. There is really no other explanation for this regression in accuracy.
            He also got a new QB coach (again). And they re-worked his mechanics again. And he has all rookie WRs. I don't know...

            K.C. Joyner thought he was prepped for a breakout season this season too so it wasn't just wishful Raider fans. The most incredible thing is not that he is struggling but that he regressed.

            No one can truly take the blame for Russell sucking so bad in his first 3 games of the season. That falls on him. But I just don't understand what's going on.

            Oldie but a goodie.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by General Zod View Post
              Im guessing the Raiders will now ban Garcia like they did with Gannon. :-)
              They should start banning other nfl teams and schedule home and homes with NCAA squads.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                They should start banning other nfl teams and schedule home and homes with NCAA squads.
                Who are you kidding. USC would beat the Raiders most years. :)
                #Chop


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • #9
                  Is it just me or after reading that does anyone else think it's pretty classless by Garcia? Seems like the typical, "Oh well they cut me and now I want to take my shot at them".

                  He tries to act rather nonchalant in saying 'well I tried to help change the dynamics, blah blah blah' and says they basically don't give a damn. I don't know. He wasn't really blatantly 'ripping' into them like the article said but I still think it's pretty weak on Garcia's part.
                  (shameless self-promotion)
                  Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Russell has looked beyond awful this season. I don't care who the coach is or how many rookies WRs are on the field, he needs to play better.

                    vs SD 12-30, 208 yards, 1td 2int 47.6 rating
                    vs KC 7-24, 109 yards, 0td 0int 46.0 rating
                    vs DEN 12-21, 61 yards, 0td 2int 22.6 rating

                    WTF? I'm guessing Oakland is 1-7 heading into the bye week and than Al will have to bench JaMarcus, this is just insane. What really blows is Russell actually started to look good at the end of last season.
                    Taking a Knapp.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                      Is it just me or after reading that does anyone else think it's pretty classless by Garcia? Seems like the typical, "Oh well they cut me and now I want to take my shot at them".

                      He tries to act rather nonchalant in saying 'well I tried to help change the dynamics, blah blah blah' and says they basically don't give a damn. I don't know. He wasn't really blatantly 'ripping' into them like the article said but I still think it's pretty weak on Garcia's part.
                      I thought it was sour grapes for sure.
                      #Chop


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        In a perfect world we wouldnt have played Russell until next year. He is only 23 right now and is clearly not a starting QB. If we would have waited he might have been a good Qb right now. I hope we didnt mess him up, he looked real good at the end of the year last year. We need to give him the rest of year to see if he is good. If he still have a horrible passer rating, we should try to get a vet


                        "Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          And this is news because...?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                            In a perfect world we wouldnt have played Russell until next year. He is only 23 right now and is clearly not a starting QB. If we would have waited he might have been a good Qb right now. I hope we didnt mess him up, he looked real good at the end of the year last year. We need to give him the rest of year to see if he is good. If he still have a horrible passer rating, we should try to get a vet
                            Hrm, I wonder if Kerry Collins could be had before the deadline? :P

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I don't know how much longer we can keep making up excuses for this guy. Everyone knew that JR was boom or bust, so far the only thing that has boomed is his weight.

                              Sig by Fenikz

                              I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information