Rich Gannon fails miserably in the booth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich Gannon fails miserably in the booth

No, Gannon didn't like the timeout because he thought that if Graham hit the field goal, it would leave too much time for dangerous Cleveland return man Joshua Cribbs(notes) to take back the subsequent kickoff for a touchdown. You know, that dreaded post-score overtime kickoff that has felled so many teams throughout history.
    Is he gonna catch as much heat as D-Mac did when he made a similar mistake?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,193869

It's one thing to blurt out something stupid in the heat of the moment, another thing altogether to say the stupidity McNabb did in the postgame press conference.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
      It's one thing to blurt out something stupid in the heat of the moment, another thing altogether to say the stupidity McNabb did in the postgame press conference.
      See, i knew there'd be someone to come in and somehow make the case that McNabb was stupider.

This guy played in the league longer than McNabb has, and he was scared that seven seconds was too much time to give Joshua Cribbs a chance to return the ball after CINCINNATI WON THE GAME. It doesn't get stupider than that. At least McNabb admitted he didn't know.

Comment

Brain farts happen to everyone

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
        Originally posted by TitanHope
        R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
        He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

Agreed. Gannon made an honest mistake but McNabb made himself look like a moron in the press conference.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I can't recall who said it and who was playing, but on a recent replay of "NFL Greatest Games" on NFLN, one of the teams just scored to tie it up late in the 4th, and the commentator asked "Should they try an onside kick.", followed by a good 10 seconds of complete silence.

Comment

Overtime was so long that it felt like the 4th quarter to me too. I was watching other games too and it's a lot different than someone focused primarily on commentating one game.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                See, i knew there'd be someone to come in and somehow make the case that McNabb was stupider.

This guy played in the league longer than McNabb has, and he was scared that seven seconds was too much time to give Joshua Cribbs a chance to return the ball after CINCINNATI WON THE GAME. It doesn't get stupider than that. At least McNabb admitted he didn't know.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I hate to see what happens in the playoffs or I hate to see what happens in the Superbowl.
                  ******* hilarious. They just hand out 2 Lombardi trophies.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                    Overtime was so long that it felt like the 4th quarter to me too. I was watching other games too and it's a lot different than someone focused primarily on commentating one game.
                    Imagine being there it was absolutely painful, especially as a browns fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                      ******* hilarious. They just hand out 2 Lombardi trophies.
                      LOL that is outstanding. Totally forgot about the Superbowl and playoff comments.

Comment

"They do keep playing"

That's my favorite part of the clip.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Yeah... Kinda hard to defend Donny on that one lol.

Comment

Not as big as McNabb or Gannon's flub, but Keith Olberrman referred to this month as "Breast Awareness Month".

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                              Not as big as McNabb or Gannon's flub, but Keith Olberrman referred to this month as "Breast Awareness Month".
                              I noticed that too! Ha, that was fantastic. I was be participating and promoting Breat Awareness Month!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information