No announcement yet.

Rich Gannon fails miserably in the booth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a big story about it on yahoo.com...

Seriously, who gives a ****! The media acts like he killed a baby.

I'm pretty sure everyone has made a dumb statement in their lives before.

Personally, (as if you can't tell) I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Yeah, pretty lame it was on Yahoo's front page. Wasn't that big of a deal, for a split second I thought the same thing then realized it was OT and didn't matter. You just don't see OT's getting down towards the end very often, easy mistake. He laughed about it after he was corrected.

Comment

The media is still pissed that it didn't get to give it to McDaneils.

Comment

I was watching when he said that, and I didnt even think much about it. Simple mistake, I dont see the big deal.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

That is a very understandable mistake and does not compare at all to McNabb. He said this during the moment. I'm sure Gannon knows the overtime rules quite well actually, he just slipped up. He was probably just trying to fill some dead air during the timeout and said the first thing that came to mind. They had been calling the game for 5 quarters already; there probably wasn't much that hadn't already been said. I bet he realized the mistake right after he said it even before being corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
              the best part about this link, is when the fans call in and say things like, "There is no way we make the play offs this year" & "Any Reid and Donovan McNabb are done in Philadelphia".

Sometimes you can be so sure of yourself, but still wrong :P

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                Yeah, pretty lame it was on Yahoo's front page. Wasn't that big of a deal, for a split second I thought the same thing then realized it was OT and didn't matter. You just don't see OT's getting down towards the end very often, easy mistake. He laughed about it after he was corrected.
                Same here. I thought to myself, why are they leaving so much time on the clock? Then I remembered it was OT. Just so used to those situations in the 4th quarter that it's almost automatic.

Comment

He probably just forgot it was overtime. Nowhere near McNabb level ignorance.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information