Tom Cable could soon be arrested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
    I'm not sure if the NFL would be quite as entertaining without a story like this coming out of Oakland every few months.
    Exactly, without the riaders for pure insanity, lions and browns for pure suckitude and the Patriots for Evil, the NFL would be a lot more boring.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
      We can't get any good coaches because of Al Davis.

We can't draft because of Al Davis.

We make bad trades because of Al Davis.

We sign horrible free agents because of Al Davis.

I wonder if Al is aware of this?
      It's his team. He's a rich man who owns all of it.

He's not in it to make money, he's in it for love of the game and this is his play thing.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
        It's his team. He's a rich man who owns all of it.

He's not in it to make money, he's in it for love of the game and this is his play thing.
        I don't think he spends any money other than on football.

He probably has 2 different outfits and eats children.
        Peyton Manning Fanboy
        Originally posted by Complex
        They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          What information do you have about his work ethic or his football IQ? Do you have a shred of evidence to support any of that?

That pic actually supports MY argument. Heyward-Bay is ******* terrible. He sucks so bad it's embarrassing that the Raiders still haven't learned how to draft.

And you're right, he's never succeeding in Oakland. That franchise is just different colors of **** piled on top of each other from the bottom all the way to the top.
          I hope you realize I wasn't seriously trying to dispute your statement with a DHB picture. I was more or less adding to your argument. It's like Al Davis is making a mockery of the NFL. It seems like he doesn't take it serious.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
            We can't get any good coaches because of Al Davis.

We can't draft because of Al Davis.

We make bad trades because of Al Davis.

We sign horrible free agents because of Al Davis.

I wonder if Al is aware of this?
            Unfortunately he is in the one position that can't get fired.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              Russell doesn't have the work ethic or football IQ to be an NFL QB.
              I can't attest to Russell's work ethic any more than you can, although a certain degree of apathy seems apparent. That said, I don't agree that he can't be an NFL quarterback. On a terrible team he's actually looked decent in spurts. His potential is blatantly obvious on certain plays. The problem seems to be that something is tripping up his mental process as plays are progressing. This doesn't even lead to bad decisions but it has led to bad throws, which is pretty mystifying for a guy for whom accuracy was considered a big plus out of LSU.

Something's wrong with Russell. I don't know if he has too much on his plate (like Garcia suggested) or if he doesn't trust his receivers. But there's some kind of mental block out there that he has trouble getting over, and so long as the Raiders remain where they are, I can't see him conquering it.

I simply don't believe that Russell couldn't be a very good NFL quarterback.

Comment

I can easily attest to his work ethic. It shows in his terrible play. The guy looks overweight, his footwork is terrible, he has a 40% completion percentage. But players have complained about him being one of those last one in, first one out, players. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he hasn't shown up in the weight room, on the practice field, or in the film room.

The complaints against him coming out were his work ethic and his football IQ, and I think empirical evidence shows that those concerns were dead on the money. Those things you cannot teach, you simply have to have it. I remember when we had Michael Vick, you heard rumors of poor work habits and those were manifested by his lack of progress on the field. The same thing is happening to Russell, only much worse; instead of not progressing he is actually regressing. He might be the worst 1st round rookie QB this side of Ryan Leaf.

Comment

I think it's time for the to step in and name a interim OWNER

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    On a terrible team he's actually looked decent in spurts. His potential is blatantly obvious on certain plays. The problem seems to be that something is tripping up his mental process as plays are progressing. This doesn't even lead to bad decisions but it has led to bad throws, which is pretty mystifying for a guy for whom accuracy was considered a big plus out of LSU.

Something's wrong with Russell.
                    Maybe he just doesn't want to be there.

Comment

Russell is a bust. I thought he'd be a bust before he got drafted. You don't draft a qb with poor work ethic #1 overall. I was surprised so many people liked him coming out. He just had a big arm, thats all.

So what if he beat up a crappy Notre Dame defense. There were too many red flags in my eyes for this guy to pan out.

Comment

He had impressive size and athletic ability, accuracy, came from a pro style offense and proved he could make NFL reads and throws against top notch competition.

No one foresaw this huge regression in skills, especially after such an impressive finish last year.

Lets not pretend he was always that bad though, he showed a lot of nice things down the stretch last year, without any weapons but Zach Miller.
                        Originally posted by SNIPER26
                        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Russell is a bust. I thought he'd be a bust before he got drafted. You don't draft a qb with poor work ethic #1 overall. I was surprised so many people liked him coming out. He just had a big arm, thats all.
                          Exactly the same for me too. Russell had too much of a bust factor for me, and felt like stretching need over BPA Calvin Johnson.

Although to be fair, I would have considered Brady Quinn, who isn't looking too hot either. So goes to show, I guess.

Comment

I liked Russell more than Quinn,* but I thought Russell was the worst fit for the Raiders. Someone with his question marks was doomed by going to Oakland; if he went to a team with a good QB mentor, a solid coaching staff and strong locker room he may not have turned out this poorly. That being said you have to take a chance on the franchise QB and hope that you hit. I think it was worth a shot, especially since Calvin Johnson hasn't exactly made an impact on the W-L column.

* I despised Quinn as a prospect, no lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              Exactly the same for me too. Russell had too much of a bust factor for me, and felt like stretching need over BPA Calvin Johnson.

Although to be fair, I would have considered Brady Quinn, who isn't looking too hot either. So goes to show, I guess.
                              Very true. I was also in the Brady Quinn camp. I thought he'd be good.

The thing with Quinn is, he's great at making adjustments presnap and he gets it, he can read defenses, its just theres this mental block thats killing his confidence right now.

He's scared to throw downfield and checks down way too much. The guy knows what he's doing, but for some reason, just isn't doing it.

Russell on the other hand, just has no clue what he's doing.

I liked Trent Edwards too. He sucks as well. That was just a terrible draft class. Kevin Kolb looks like the only qb from that class that has potential of panning out.

And I think its no coincidence that he was able to sit and learn, and had a great organization to give him exactly the treatment he needed to succeed. A strong front office goes a long way with these guys.

Comment

Darren McFadden questions to all:

1. Will Darren McFadden be a consistent 1500 yards from scrimmage and 12 TDs player for the Raiders?

2. It's called the Wildcat now, but it was really the Wildhog with McFadden and Felix Jones doing an excellent job at it at Arkansas. Should the Raiders use McFadden for a Wildhog look now?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information