No announcement yet.

Are the Bengals for real?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the Auburn RB they drafted? Kenny Irons? Never heard of him after the injury

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
    Originally posted by TitanHope
    R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
    He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

He wasn't fully recovered the next season and was eventually cut. It's a shame, we could've used a RB.

Comment

I would define "For Real" as a playoff team. Remember this team wasn't far off from the days of the Bungals last year. I know Carson was out but the team was aweful, at least on the offensive side of the ball.

Zimmer has turned the defense into a real weapon. They are starting to be opertunistic defense. This was the second week in a row where the defense scored a TD. Thats what playoff teams do, and it's been great to see the defense play that way.

Yeah, Odom's sack was a coverage sack, but a sack is a sack, and he had 2 in week 1 as well. And that was against Ryan Clady, so it's not like he is beating just backup Packer O-Lineman.

What really worries me though is that the Bengals aren't beating teams in the 1st half. They haven't dominated games in the 1st half. They have been winning with last minute drives and fourth quarter heroics. I would have thought that this week against the Browns they would have been able to really take it too them and get into the habit of taking it to teams right out of the gate instead of waiting until the 3rd quarter to wake up.

Comment

12 wins Mark it down

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
            I would define "For Real" as a playoff team. Remember this team wasn't far off from the days of the Bungals last year. I know Carson was out but the team was aweful, at least on the offensive side of the ball.

Zimmer has turned the defense into a real weapon. They are starting to be opertunistic defense. This was the second week in a row where the defense scored a TD. Thats what playoff teams do, and it's been great to see the defense play that way.

Yeah, Odom's sack was a coverage sack, but a sack is a sack, and he had 2 in week 1 as well. And that was against Ryan Clady, so it's not like he is beating just backup Packer O-Lineman.

What really worries me though is that the Bengals aren't beating teams in the 1st half. They haven't dominated games in the 1st half. They have been winning with last minute drives and fourth quarter heroics. I would have thought that this week against the Browns they would have been able to really take it too them and get into the habit of taking it to teams right out of the gate instead of waiting until the 3rd quarter to wake up.
            Neither of Odom's sacks were against Clady. Going into todays game he still hadnt given up a sack through his 19 game career. Not sure if he gave one up today or not.

Don't count on too many late 4th quarter comebacks that you've had so far. The Bills did the same thing last year and started off 4-0 and then **** the bed. The Bengals are probably a better and more solid team, but the offense will need to show up for a lot more of the game if you want to steal a playoff spot in the AFC this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
              I don't think Carson's back, he could be, but he sure as hell hasn't shown anything this season that would lead me to that conclusion. Right now he's just a good QB, not a QB good enough to carry his team like peyton, brady, brees, rivers, phillips, eli, big ben, cutler, warner, donovan, rogers, ryan or flacco, but he could certainly move into that group if he starts taking over games.
              I would put Cutler right with Palmer, but with McNabb out I can't give him the nod above Palmer right now, so maybe I need an asterisk by Palmer's name and then when McNabb is fully healthy then I have Palmer at 9a or 9b with Cutler. LOL I'm not a huge Warner fan so I don't put him in front of Palmer because I think Warner is crazy spoiled with that receiving corps and that talented RB duo.

Comment

As Vox pointed out, Odom did not get a sack on Clady. Clady didn't give up any today either and is currently at 20 games without giving one up.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                Originally posted by Job
                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

The Bengals have a tough schedule - there are really only 4 games where you would consider them to be clearly a better team. Playoffs may be a stretch with that schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                    Neither of Odom's sacks were against Clady. Going into todays game he still hadnt given up a sack through his 19 game career. Not sure if he gave one up today or not.

Don't count on too many late 4th quarter comebacks that you've had so far. The Bills did the same thing last year and started off 4-0 and then **** the bed. The Bengals are probably a better and more solid team, but the offense will need to show up for a lot more of the game if you want to steal a playoff spot in the AFC this year.
                    I could have sworn they were, I guess not then. Sorry bout that.

Trst me, thats what worries me. I wish they were beating teams in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters instead of the 4th quarters. I'm worried that once they get handled by a team that won't allow them to come back late in the game they will fall apart. I don't have much faith in Lewis and Brat (OC) in getting the offensive up off the ground if they get knocked out for a game. I was really expecting them to come out guns'a'blazing in todays game against the Browns but the play calling was so damn bland. It was was run, run, pass and punt. It was a very easy offense for the Browns to counter;. And when Benson can't get chunks of yards and establish the running game then the play action doesn't work and then thats where I think the Bengals get in trouble.

Lewis is so set on making this a run first team. I don't get that. In 2005 they were an all out attack and every team in the league knew they were going to pass and the Bengals didn't care, they dared you to stop them. Now it's like they are scared to go that route again. I don't know why.

Comment

Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
                      The Bengals have a tough schedule - there are really only 4 games where you would consider them to be clearly a better team. Playoffs may be a stretch with that schedule.
                      Have you seen their schedule??? Their toughest opponents are Division rivals....they can get 10 wins against the Chiefs, Raiders, Browns, Lions, and Texans...then they would need a few upsets

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                      Originally posted by TitanHope
                      R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                      He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

Lewis is so set on making this a run first team. I don't get that. In 2005 they were an all out attack and every team in the league knew they were going to pass and the Bengals didn't care, they dared you to stop them. Now it's like they are scared to go that route again. I don't know why.
                        Because Palmer gets injured and their season ends when that happens?

Comment

I could have sworn they were, I guess not then. Sorry bout that.

Trst me, thats what worries me. I wish they were beating teams in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters instead of the 4th quarters. I'm worried that once they get handled by a team that won't allow them to come back late in the game they will fall apart. I don't have much faith in Lewis and Brat (OC) in getting the offensive up off the ground if they get knocked out for a game. I was really expecting them to come out guns'a'blazing in todays game against the Browns but the play calling was so damn bland. It was was run, run, pass and punt. It was a very easy offense for the Browns to counter;. And when Benson can't get chunks of yards and establish the running game then the play action doesn't work and then thats where I think the Bengals get in trouble.

Because we had one of the best offense lines in football in 2005 and now we can barly protect the QB

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
                            Have you seen their schedule??? Their toughest opponents are Division rivals....they can get 10 wins against the Chiefs, Raiders, Browns, Lions, and Texans...then they would need a few upsets
                            They would need 3 wins against the ravens twice, steelers again (in pit), vikings, bears, jets and chargers (in sd). I think that is a tough ask..

Comment

Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
                              They would need 3 wins against the ravens twice, steelers again (in pit), vikings, bears, jets and chargers (in sd). I think that is a tough ask..
                              A really tough task, I don't know if we're up for it to be honest. I'm just happy I'm not watching Ryan Fitzpatrick throw it anymore though. 3-1 is a good start for any team, regardless of the luck or clutch or whatever we want to call it that has miraculously won us all 3 of our victories.

Comment

I think they will contend for the wildcard. Probably end up 9-7 or 8-8

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information