No announcement yet.

49ers sign Crabtree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say give him a 1 year deal with team option to pick up 3 more years, dont know if this is possible in the nfl, and make it snap incentive this year so you know he will be committed to get on the field.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Gotta remember they did draft him, and by them then refusing to sign him is just as stupid as him not signing. Might as well have not even drafted if you don't want to ever sign him, or traded off his rights a while back. Its not like they are going to offer him more money, and when can't a team use more help?

They might try and make him feel happy by putting escalators in the contract to make it look bigger than it is. After winning these past few games, he has started to loose leverage and the 9ers are going to stay firm. Its like hey if you want to sign this offer we gave you great, if you don't that's fine as well we don't really need you.

Comment

Is Crabtree talented enough to impact the 49ers late in December if they're in the middle of playoff run, even if he's missed all of TC and at least 4 games into the season??

Given that dude is a knucklehead, but your offense still can't have too many weapons for a QB to distribute the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
          In College...this isn't Texas Tech
          He was the 10th pick in the draft! Probably should have gone higher...by that logic no college player deserves to be in the NFL because they haven't proven them self in the NFL. Crabtree may be a luxury it's turning out, but shoot...maybe he'll put them over the top and make them a contender in the playoffs.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

This is going to sound like a girl's answer but, wouldn't both parties be better off if they both just all got along?

Crabtree can only lose if he continues to hold out and the 49ers realistically can only lose a player and a draft pick if they continue to be unwavering if their stance (right or wrong).

If crabtree signs the team is instantly upgraded at the wide receiver position, crabtree benefits by making the green and the team gets value for their pick and a player who missed camp won't lose an entire year, but will probably still be fairly average as a rookie.

If both sides calm down a little bit, come to the table and fix this situation, everyone wins, by the 49ers halving their offer, or crabtree demanding more, then everyone loses.

As for the team chemistry, all players are out for the $$$ they can get and most of them keep their mouths shut about each others contracts and monetary dealings, Michael Strahan went in depth about this in his book. In any event all he'd really have to do is come in and apologise for not being there to help the team and promise to be a good boy from now on and the team would likely take him on with open arms.

The 49ers are playing well and playing for each other right now, they wouldn't shun him just for fighting for a better contract.

Comment

Crabtree needs to sign already. I'm sick and tired of him and the contract dispute being in the news and want it to be over already.

The 49ers are playing really well this season and adding him would be a real bonus for them, even as say a 4th string receiver who could bump himself up towards the end of the year after learning the playbook.

Comment

If Crabtree signs, fine. But we've proven we don't need people like him to win football games. So it doesn't really matter.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                  I would say give him a 1 year deal with team option to pick up 3 more years, dont know if this is possible in the nfl, and make it snap incentive this year so you know he will be committed to get on the field.
                  i believe top10 picks have to be signed to a 5 year deal

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                    fine, i'll be pedantic. he's not an instant upgrade, and he may not have time to learn the plays to even get on the field this year (i don't believe the 49ers offense is that complex, but i honestly haven't watched enough to say for sure). at this point, the dude is still exactly what he was when he came out of college, but with several months away from the field and away from conditioning. unless you think he's good enough to go play schoolyard ball, i can't imagine he's on the field enough plays to make even a small impact this season.
                    You miss my meaning, I am not saying he could or should instantly get a starting position, but having a guy with his explosion and ability instantly upgrades the corp overall. He is a good deep threat and a strong receiver, having him in the slot on simple routes against nickel or dime backs is a mis match.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                      If he does sign, I wonder how the players will treat him when he walks through that locker room door for the first time? I know I'd be giving him the cold shoulder just for being a selfish and greedy prick.
                      Players never get pissed about their teammates trying to get get paid. Take it from one of the 49ers team captains:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hael-crabtree/

One thing that a lot of fans have forgotten is that Michael Crabtree is a really talented guy. All of the "screw him, offer him five bucks and a punch in the mouth to sign for one year" comments are stupid. It's a good thing none of these people run a football team. They'd have a bunch of slow white guys and no one else on their team. Rudy's a fun movie and all...but I have no desire to watch the guy play football on Sundays.
                      Last edited by Monomach; 10-06-2009, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Crabtree is caving.
                        And jumping on the bandwagon. I hate egomaniac bandwagon-jumping holdouts. I hope the 9ers lowball him now.

Or sign him & trade him to ******* Cleveland so fast he leaves skidmarks.

Singletary to Crabtree: See ya! Wouldn't want to be ya!

Comment

I think people are being extremely hard on the guy. Sure, he's being an idiot. No one should even remotely try to take away from the fact he's acting like a little *****. But he's an extremely valuable football player when he's actually on the field. If they were able to come to terms that aren't his, and let him start learning the offense, he would be a huge pickup. Mostly for next year though. Getting acclimated as a wide receiver in the NFL is hard enough without trying to pick up the offense in week five. Still, talent wise, he's a major upgrade over Josh Morgan and the 2009 edition of Issac Bruce. Gives you another skill position player to set up your offense going forward.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

as per: http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...ng-is-set.html

When the sides finally get to the negotiating table, the 49ers are not expected to make any concessions to get Crabtree signed. The 49ers might want a sixth year added to the contract because Crabtree has already been missing for 70 days, so the money would rise accordingly with the addition of another year.

One club source said the 49ers would likely add some "fluff' to the contract with incentives and escalators that would only be reached if Crabtree became one of the league's top-producing wide receivers. That way, the deal would appear larger, thus allowing the Crabtree camp to save face.
                            They want him in SF. They aren't going to do like so many here, and tell the guy to **** off. They drafted him for a reason. The contract will look much larger than it is, but he's not going to get a ******* dime for any time he's missed.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

It's completely fair adding that sixth year. That would probably be a solid deal for both sides at this point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                It's completely fair adding that sixth year. That would probably be a solid deal for both sides at this point.
                                Also, while he might not know any of the plays, supposedly he's been training his ass off in Florida, so that when he does show up, he's on track with all the other WRs, as far as conditioning goes.

At this point, I am torn about Crabs, I'd love to have someone with his potential in SF since we havent had a true #1 since TO was run out of town, but it isn't like we're throwing the ball all over the field and when we do, it's mostly to VD and Gore.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information