Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad is the Green Bay Packers O-Line?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Alot of this is McCartney's fault. Do some max protect. Leave guys in to block.

I understand he likes spreading the field with his WRs, but when you lose both your OTs, you gotta adjust.

I LOVE McCartney's playbook, but he needs to adjust in these situations.

Also, having a RB who isn't doodoo would be nice too.
    The thing is his playbook dosen't work with max protect. It just dosen't. We say that in '06.

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    Allen Barbre shouldn't be on the field.
    Barbre has improved a bit in comparison to week one. He's hasn't been that bad since week 1.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I'm still a little surprised that Langston Walker isn't on a team. Guy was in camp all year and I wouldn't think of him as a terrible RT option at this point.

Comment

yeah, Finley. the name was escaping my mind. the guy is a beast.
        Of course he is, he's from Texas ;)

Comment

Its because of the injuries. They slid the line down and slid all the starters. Colledge and Spitz are playing out of position and look like they're lost. Barbre looks simply terrible.

They'll be getting their LT back and they signed Tauscher back. Once they get everyone back where they should be the line will improve.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            Could've had Michael Oher...
            That doesn't really work here. The only reason we were in position was because we traded up specifically for Matthews. Oher was not an option.

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            He didn't get cut. He was claimed off the practice squad by the Bills. Not to mention word it the Packers actually tried to offer him a spot on the 53 after the Bills made a claim for him and he decided to leave anyways.
            He got cut to get to the practice squad. If we cared about him he would have made the 53 man from the start. He's a developmental project that could eventually be good in a couple years and is nothing special. He is terrrible as he is right now though.

Alot of this is McCartney's fault. Do some max protect. Leave guys in to block.

I understand he likes spreading the field with his WRs, but when you lose both your OTs, you gotta adjust.

I LOVE McCartney's playbook, but he needs to adjust in these situations.

Also, having a RB who isn't doodoo would be nice too.
            Not true. We do leave extra guys in to protect and due to that have had to cut down significantly on our spread packages. We've only used our Big 5 like twice so far and even our 4 WR sets have been limited quite a bit. We aren't able to take full advantage of our great depth at WR because we need to waste guys to help out the line.

The problem is that the ends of both sides of our line suck. We've been giving Barbre a ton of help on the right side. We can't really do the same on the left at the same time though. If we keep a tight end in on each side and a running back to block we're down to only two potential receivers. That's not going to work in the NFL. You can manage with helping out one side, but not both.

Comment

He is on pace to be sacked like 80 times.. what was the record 67 by Carr or something. There is a bright side. Look at how good Rodgers is with absolutely no time, imagine what he could do if they decided they want to block once in awhile.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Anyone got any good footage of the 2006 Raiders oline's uglyness?

Comment

delete please

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                  JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                  Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                  Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                  Originally posted by JBCX
                  Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information