Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad is the Green Bay Packers O-Line?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad is the Green Bay Packers O-Line?

I mean, how bad can the Packer offensive line be? Can it actually get worse? They are definitely up there with past horrible offensive lines.

I have the 2009 Packers line up there with the 2006, 2007 and 2008 St.Louis Rams O-Line. They are in the same league as the Bengals 2007 and 2008 O-Line. They are in the same neighborhood as the 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 Texans offensive line. They are probably worse then the 2006 and 2007 Oakland Raiders offensive lines and worse then the 2007 Steelers O-line as well.

The Packers line is the sole reason why they are 2-2 and not the best team in their own division. The opponents of the Packers, other than the Rams, have completed and utterly dominated the Packers in the trenches. I understand that Chad Clifton was a huge key to their lines success, but with the amount of draft picks that have been spent on offensive lineman, the failure of these youngsters is unacceptable to say the least.

Week 1: @Bears

4 Total Sacks
    9 QB Hits

Al Afalava (Safety)- 1 Sack
    Adewale Ogunleye (DE)- 2 Sacks
    Daniel Manning (Safety)- 1 Sack

Week 2: Bengals

6 Total Sacks
    10 QB Hits

Antwan Odom (DE)- 5 Sacks
    Rey Maualuga (SLB)- 1 Sack

Week 3: @Rams

2 Total Sacks
    0 QB Hits

Leonard Little (DE)- 2 Sacks

Week 4: @Vikings

8 Total Sacks
    N/A QB Hits

Jared Allen (DE)- 4.5 Sacks
    Brian Robison (DE)- 1.5 Sacks
    Ben Leber (SLB)- 1 Sack
    Jimmy Kennedy (DT)- 1 Sack

Can the Packers get away from the failure of the Packers offensive line? Can they succeed without some consistency in the trenches? We all have seen how good the Packers can be when the offensive line can give Rogers some time in the pocket. He is one of the best quarterbacks in the league hands down, but with a line as bad as theirs they are doomed from the beginning of the game and there is no way to get around it.

So what are your thoughs?

In before the team board deportation!

Comment

Comment

How bad is the Green Bay Packers O-Line?
        Not as bad as the Chiefs...

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post

Not as bad as the Chiefs...
          St. Louis Rams is the real answer

Comment

TJ Lang was playing LT at the end of the game and some undrafted guard name Evan Dietrich-Smith was active for the game.

We couldn't find a spot for Jamon Meredith on the roster why????
            JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Trust me, if the Titans were playing the Pack this season, Rodgers' uniform wouldn't even need to be washed, cause he wouldn't get hit

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Clifton comes back after the bye. Let's not judge it until then. Anytime you lose your LT in the first game and RT for the last 8 years in the offseason, it definitely has an effect.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
                  Can the Packers get away from the failure of the Packers offensive line? Can they succeed without some consistency in the trenches? We all have seen how good the Packers can be when the offensive line can give Rogers some time in the pocket. He is one of the best quarterbacks in the league hands down, but with a line as bad as theirs they are doomed from the beginning of the game and there is no way to get around it.

So what are your thoughs?
                  Come on now. Rodgers.

Comment

wait Meredith got cut?

Edit: I see he is on teh Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                      wait Meredith got cut?
                      Yes. And people overreact to that way too much, especially Packer fans. He was a 5th round pick, he was not good, and he got cut. Not a big deal. 5th round linemen get cut all the time. It's only because he was falsely built up as a good prospect on this site that anyone cares. He was worse than the crap we threw out there tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                        Yes. And people overreact to that way too much, especially Packer fans. He was a 5th round pick, he was not good, and he got cut. Not a big deal. 5th round linemen get cut all the time. It's only because he was falsely built up as a good prospect on this site that anyone cares. He was worse than the crap we threw out there tonight.
                        Good enough for Buffalo!

*returns to having nightmares about Cam Wake*

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                          Him or Trent Williams, I guess we all know what position the Packers will be picking in the draft.

I can't believe that Daryn Colledge isn't a top player. I loved him coming out of Boise St. and I thought he'd be a top giard at the very least. I know he was considered light in the weight department, but his athleticism was supposed to be his strong suit. Spitz I like alot, but you can see he is playing out of position at OG. With that said though, I always thought that OG and Center went basically hand in hand. A good guard could always be a good center and certainly a good center could play a good guard. But I guess I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                            Good enough for Buffalo!

*returns to having nightmares about Cam Wake*
                            *looks up stats from Sunday's game*

Yeah, Cam Wake had a pretty good game. Haven't heard much about him until this very moment.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
                              Him or Trent Williams, I guess we all know what position the Packers will be picking in the draft.

I can't believe that Daryn Colledge isn't a top player. I loved him coming out of Boise St. and I thought he'd be a top giard at the very least. I know he was considered light in the weight department, but his athleticism was supposed to be his strong suit. Spitz I like alot, but you can see he is playing out of position at OG. With that said though, I always thought that OG and Center went basically hand in hand. A good guard could always be a good center and certainly a good center could play a good guard. But I guess I was wrong.
                              Daryn Colledge is an exceptional LG. The whole line is playing out of position because of Clifton's injury.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information