No announcement yet.

Quarter of the season observations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massaquoi is legit. I have been a fan of his since he started at UGA.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Yea, even though he did his damage against my Bengals and is in our division, I'm really happy to see Massaqoui succeed.

^A Bonekrusher production^
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Great writeup, but our line usually doesn't pass block that well. The first three weeks Favre was getting pressured constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
          The Packers Oline is a pee wee football OLine compared to the giants Oline
          Was not saying anything to the contrary, just responded to the comment that one should imagine Rodgers behind our line as though we had a great pass blocking oline, so I was merely pointing out that we don't. Hell if Clifton were healthy and they had a competent RT instead of Barbre I'd say the difference is negligible, although Barbre has been Winston Justice bad and Clifton has been injured so that renders that point moot.
          Last edited by Rosebud; 10-07-2009, 03:32 PM.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
          Originally posted by JBCX
          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

You might want to take your lips off of Eli's wang Rosebud.
            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
              You might want to take your lips off of Eli's wang Rosebud.
              I'm sorry, let me correct that post. I'm sorry Green Bay, but the giants had the greatest pass blocking oline of all time. [/vocoder] And the receiver? He's throwing to 8 hall of famers. Hell if he had offensive talent and coaching someone like Philip Rivers has had to overcome he'd be out of the league already...

Better AQ?

Edit: Just for my information AQ, am I ever allowed to say a good thing about eli? Or would mentioning the fact that he's the most important player to the 4-0 giants and key to our offense be considered more snobbing of his knob?
              Last edited by Rosebud; 10-07-2009, 03:57 PM.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
                Let's imagine for a second Big Ben with the Packers' OL.
                He'd break David Carr's sack record... in the first half of the season, lol.

Comment

How about this:

The Titans defense is really awful.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Joe Thomas has faced Jared Allen, Elvis Dummerville, Terrell Suggs, and Antwan Odom. The only sack he's given up was when he had his guy (Odom) completely owned and Anderson ran right into him.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                    <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                    <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                    <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                      How about this:

You have some Pro Bowl Corners there now... eh?
                      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian
                        I predicted the collapse of Tennessee in the preseason. They had the weakest SOS last year with almost all of their tough games very late in the season. Anybody who thinks Collins is a solid QB was just dreaming and they lost their best defensive player to FA. I saw no way they would be a contender and predicted they would finish in last place in their Division so I'm not at all shocked to see them 0-4 and I also predicted that VY would be their starting QB by mid season. At least I got this one right.
                        You can repeat this statement as many times as you'd like, IAC, but that doesn't mean it'll ever be factually accurate.

Finnegan has been injured for the past game and a half. He's questionable for the Colts game, and now Nick Harper is uncertain as well after sustaining a rib injury midgame against the Jags. Vincent Fuller, the #3 CB, fractured his wrist midgame against the Jets as well.

By the end of the Jags game, rookies Ryan Mouton and Jason McCourty were the starting two CB's out there for the Titans. It's very possible that both may start against the Colts with the injuries to the #1, #2, and #3 corners for the Titans.
                        Last edited by TitanHope; 10-07-2009, 04:23 PM.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
                          Joe Thomas has faced Jared Allen, Elvis Dummerville, Terrell Suggs, and Antwan Odom. The only sack he's given up was when he had his guy (Odom) completely owned and Anderson ran right into him.
                          yeah anderson doest that for you.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                          - Corner or Wideout in the first
                          - No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

We have one pro bowl corner, who is currently hurt. We do have two pro bowl safeties, though. But the entire secondary looks horrible because we are getting zero push up the middle with our pressure and quarterbacks have all day to sit there and step up into the pocket without any bodies or hands in their face.
                            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                              How about this:

They did fine last year with the same personnel plus Albert Haynesworth. I have a hard time believing that Haynesworth had that big of an impact on the defense as a whole. He sat out last year in the week 16 game against Pittsburgh and the Titans easily won that game.
                              A lot of it has to do with the defensive play-calling and the execution of the defensive plays which are both products of coaching. The pressure and blitzes that worked last year no longer work effectively this year. Their slower to develop and by the end of the play the opposing QB is still standing in the pocket and is able to hit a WR for positive yards.
                              If you look at the rushing yards allowed by Tennessee then it's noticeable that the problem is not stopping the run; it's the pass rush. The Titans rank 7th in the league in allowing only 79.8 rushing yards per game but their pass defense ranks near the bottom of the league ((31st) in allowing 282.2 per game.
                              Last year the Titans allowed 199.8 passing yards on average which was good for 9th best in the NFL. The loss of Haynesworth doesn't affect a pass rush that much when their giving up 82+ more yards this season than they did last season. Last season with Jim Scwartz the Titans were ranked 7th in total defense, this year with Chuck Cecil their ranked 22nd in total defense.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                                We have one pro bowl corner, who is currently hurt. We do have two pro bowl safeties, though. But the entire secondary looks horrible because we are getting zero push up the middle with our pressure and quarterbacks have all day to sit there and step up into the pocket without any bodies or hands in their face.
                                Jason Jones was out against the Jags as well, and was ejected against Houston for "punching" one of the Houston plays in a scuffle on the sideline (Jones never punched anyone, and the refs incorrectly called fouls on players on both sides who weren't the ones involved in the fight but were trying to separates the ones involved - ie, separating Andre Johnson's hands from Cortland Finnegan's facemask and helmet). Jones is the Titans's best interior pass-rusher and is being relied on greatly to help replace Haynesworth in that regard.

The biggest thing about having Haynesworth was that he was a safety blanket. The defense could lose starters, but having Fat Al in there helped protect the liable new players. Now, the injuries are popping up and they're all the more harder to overcome without the best DT in the NFL in there.
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information