Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favre voted most overrated player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Past success doesn't guarantee future numbers either. The greatness of Tony G comes from the fact he has missed 2 games in his career. If you wanna project the future, I see Tony G getting at least 60 receptions another 5 years in a row and being top 3 in receptions all time.

    Witten needs at least 6 more years of averaging 80 receptions 7 TDS and 900 yards to be in the same paragraph as Tony G. If he has that, then he will have similar stats as Tony G (who is only 33 btw) had at the age of 32.


    I'm not saying Witten can't do it, but he has to average at least those number above to do what Tony has done. You cannot project what he will do without projecting what Tony has ahead of him...still only being 33 years old.
    Last edited by bored of education; 10-07-2009, 07:44 PM.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

    Comment


    • #17
      I completely agree with you. I'm just saying that Jason Witten is really, really good from a historical standpoint.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        I completely agree with you. I'm just saying that Jason Witten is really, really good from a historical standpoint.
        So is Adrian Peterson but he ain't Walter Payton or Barry Sanders or Jim Brown. :)

        But I agree Witten is nasty.
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          Let's be honest here: he is a mediocre QB whose statistics were propped up by a Hall of Fame WR and TE. Now that Owens is gone we are seeing who Romo really is.
          LOL, i find this hilarious. Go check what Owens is doing in Buffalo without a QB. What are his numbers again? A QB always makes a WR a better player than what the WR makes the QB.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            LOL, i find this hilarious. Go check what Owens is doing in Buffalo without a QB. What are his numbers again? A QB always makes a WR a better player than what the WR makes the QB.
            True but if you gave Joe Flacco TO, Witten, and Marion Barber, he'd be setting passing records.

            Sig By:The Dynasty

            2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
              LOL, i find this hilarious. Go check what Owens is doing in Buffalo without a QB. What are his numbers again? A QB always makes a WR a better player than what the WR makes the QB.
              Terrell Owens at age 35 is a whole lot different than what he was two and three years ago. He showed signs of decline last year, but he has hit a huge wall this year.

              As for your last sentence:

              A QB always makes a WR a better player than what the WR makes the QB.
              I present to you in one image, this man:



              Ask Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Daunte Culpepper, Kerry Collins, Tom Brady, Matt Cassel and Chad Pennington about what Randy Moss meant for their careers.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                True but if you gave Joe Flacco TO, Witten, and Marion Barber, he'd be setting passing records.
                If we're gonna play the assumption game, then i could go ahead and say that if we had a different coaching staff, we'd be in the Superbowl. See how easy it was to make up a ridiculous statement?

                Common myth about Owens from people that know nothing about this team is that he came in and made everyone around him so much better. Matter of fact is that Romo made HIM better. There's no way around that. You give Owens a ****** QB and he is as useless as anyone else.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  Terrell Owens at age 35 is a whole lot different than what he was two and three years ago. He showed signs of decline last year, but he has hit a huge wall this year.

                  As for your last sentence:


                  Ask Randall Cunningham, Jeff George, Daunte Culpepper, Kerry Collins, Tom Brady, Matt Cassel and Chad Pennington about what Randy Moss meant for their careers.
                  Randall Cunningham and Daunte Culpepper were good quarterbacks. Kerry Collins didn't do **** with Randy. Chad Pennington has never even played with Randy. And Matt Cassel was an average quarterback last year, so i'm not sure i know where you're going with that.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                    LOL, i find this hilarious. Go check what Owens is doing in Buffalo without a QB. What are his numbers again? A QB always makes a WR a better player than what the WR makes the QB.
                    Roy Williams has not been producing as well with Tony Romo as he was with "no quarterback" in Detroit.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by P-L View Post
                      Roy Williams has not been producing as well with Tony Romo as he was with "no quarterback" in Detroit.
                      Completely different offenses. Did you see Sundays game? The Carolina game? Jason Garrett ******* blows as an offensive coordinator.

                      I'm not saying Romo is a great quarterback, he has been terrible these past few games, but i'm not so sure how the hell he's overrated. No one thinks he's that good.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        Randall Cunningham and Daunte Culpepper were good quarterbacks. Kerry Collins didn't do **** with Randy. Chad Pennington has never even played with Randy. And Matt Cassel was an average quarterback last year, so i'm not sure i know where you're going with that.
                        Moss played with Pennington at Marshall.

                        Sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                          Moss played with Pennington at Marshall.
                          Yeah, about 48 years ago.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            It's Romo by a mile.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Ward View Post
                              It's Romo by a mile.
                              Lol, this coming from someone that wants Jon Kitna starting. I think we all know how you feel already, Ward. You hate Romo, we get it.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                                Lol, this coming from someone that wants Jon Kitna starting. I think we all know how you feel already, Ward. You hate Romo, we get it.
                                Yeah, maybe Romo used to be overrated, but nowadays, everybody knocks on him.

                                He's missing TO right now... and even he knows it.

                                Garrett's not putting him in a good position to succeed, even though Jerry has. All of Jerry's GM moves in the offseason were geared at making this "Romo friendly". Garrett has failed to produce. Ironic as Garrett was the head of the spear when it came to the release of TO.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information