No announcement yet.

Favre voted most overrated player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually if we are just talking about this season I would put Brees at #2 so far. I agree that for his career he is hardly a top 3 QB just yet but like Eli showed, that can change if he puts together a whole season and wins the SB.
    Anybody IMO who has Aaron Rodgers at #6 is absurd. There is no way he is a top 10 QB just yet. Top 10 QB's are winners at the least and Rodgers has yet to demonstrate he is a winning QB.
    And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
      Actually if we are just talking about this season I would put Brees at #2 so far. I agree that for his career he is hardly a top 3 QB just yet but like Eli showed, that can change if he puts together a whole season and wins the SB.
      Anybody IMO who has Aaron Rodgers at #6 is absurd. There is no way he is a top 10 QB just yet. Top 10 QB's are winners at the least and Rodgers has yet to demonstrate he is a winning QB.
      Aw man shut up about "winners" Rogers doesn't lose games, the greenbay defense and offensive line does.

Jesus christ, Winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners

It's old already. Everyone pulls that argument out OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER

Jake Delhomme has a better winning percentage in the playoffs than Peyton Manning by 25%, does that make him a better quarterback? No way in hell.

Comment

• If I had one game to win and Brady and Peyton aren't around. I'm not calling for Brees.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          If I had one game to win and Brady and Peyton aren't around. I'm not calling for Brees.
          Then you'd lose to my team who he'd be quarterbacking.

Comment

• How was Elway's defense and running game in the years he lost the Super Bowl? This is a real question. I know the 86 Giants dominated the Super Bowl against the Broncos but I'm not sure if they deserved to be there even with the lucky play against the Browns.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
              Then you'd lose to my team who he'd be quarterbacking.
              Not if he's playing Ben Roethlisberger or Philip Rivers. Honestly, for one game i'd take those two guys, and that's cause i ******* hate Roethlisberger.

Rivers is easily the third best quarterback in the league in my eyes.

Comment

Aw man shut up about "winners" Rogers doesn't lose games, the greenbay defense and offensive line does.

Jesus christ, Winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners winners

It's old already. Everyone pulls that argument out OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER OVER AND OVER

Jake Delhomme has a better winning percentage in the playoffs than Peyton Manning by 25%, does that make him a better quarterback? No way in hell.
                And mate....

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  And mate....
                  No, not mate.

Give me the best playoff win percentages with guys that have a minimum of 10 starts, and i guarantee you they're all good to great quarterbacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                    No, not mate.

Give me the best playoff win percentages with guys that have a minimum of 10 starts, and i guarantee you they're all good to great quarterbacks.
                    Good luck finding that. I just tried but nothing. Very interesting to see what it would be.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

No, not mate.

Playoff football is a lot different, it can make great QBs (Marino, Manning for the most part) look very average. The game is just different for some reason. It seems to negatively impact the prolific passers more than others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        Playoff football is a lot different, it can make great QBs (Marino, Manning for the most part) look very average. The game is just different for some reason. It seems to negatively impact the prolific passers more than others.
                        I don't like that reasoning at all. That's just a blanket statement.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          Good luck finding that. I just tried but nothing. Very interesting to see what it would be.
                          Yeah, i'm not a huge stat guy so i don't know all those websites to find them. But i know that Tom Brady is up there at number one i think, and Troy Aikman is number two. Both HOF QBs.

Comment

Yeah, i'm not a huge stat guy so i don't know all those websites to find them. But i know that Tom Brady is up there at number one i think, and Troy Aikman is number two. Both HOF QBs.
                            I just started looking at some game logs for HOF QB's and it's a mixed bag. Marino was excellent but man he had some pretty bad playoff games.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              I don't like that reasoning at all. That's just a blanket statement.
                              It's up there with "find me the numbers"

Quarterbacks are like the drivers in racing teams, yes their individual skill is exceedingly important, but without that car being ready, or being good enough surrounding them even the best driver isn't going to win races.

It takes both and drew brees isn't in a perfect situation and hasn't been for the last few years in New Orleans, but he's inherently been pretty close to perfect.

If you want to take the argument and say "brees hasn't won enough to be considered that good" then tell me right now, what he could've done differently over the years, then perform how he has to change the outcome of the losses for his team?

Comment

It's up there with "find me the numbers"

Quarterbacks are like the drivers in racing teams, yes their individual skill is exceedingly important, but without that car being ready, or being good enough surrounding them even the best driver isn't going to win races.

It takes both and drew brees isn't in a perfect situation and hasn't been for the last few years in New Orleans, but he's inherently been pretty close to perfect.

If you want to take the argument and say "brees hasn't won enough to be considered that good" then tell me right now, what he could've done differently over the years, then perform how he has to change the outcome of the losses for his team?
                                I'm not arguing for or against Brees but the statement you made had no basis at all for anything. Try to give some explanation for why you think that.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information