Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deon Grant signs with Seahawks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    That is a ridiculous deal. Some of these deals this offseason make me want to cry. He's maybe in the top half of the league in safeties.


    http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

    Comment


    • #17
      Paul Allen can do what he wants with his money, that man is loaded. If it weren't for him I wouldn't be using this OS right now probably. They still over payed for him significantly, he isn't even a top ten safety, he should have gotten about what Michael Lewis did from the 49ers probably. Ken Hamlin is going to get a lot more money now probably. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up a SS for a cover-2 team.

      Comment


      • #18
        People are so overreacting about the contract. You can't justify these contracts with contracts signed in the past. The cap increased 20M... this is the direction the league is going. The game is gaining in popularity and so the profits are started to get funnelled down to the players. It's good to see the players getting paid. Stop looking in the past and start realizing the future.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          People are so overreacting about the contract. You can't justify these contracts with contracts signed in the past. The cap increased 20M... this is the direction the league is going. The game is gaining in popularity and so the profits are started to get funnelled down to the players. It's good to see the players getting paid. Stop looking in the past and start realizing the future.
          Teams would be wiser to reward their own, more talented players, than blowing it all on mediocre talent.

          I actually like Deon Grant so I don't have a problem with this signing, but most of them are insane.


          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            Teams would be wiser to reward their own, more talented players, than blowing it all on mediocre talent.

            I actually like Deon Grant so I don't have a problem with this signing, but most of them are insane.
            I'm pretty sure Hamlin will command more. I'm not sure if that would be wiser. If Hamlin signs for similar money, then yes, I would agree that would've been wiser. I don't see it as "blowing" it away. Rather I see it as the new nature of NFL contracts.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
              Your just mad because you wannted the Rams to sign him.
              Yea, your right. You seen my MSN name.

              But your mad because we got Randy McMichael and Drew Bennett :)
              | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                Great. Now Hamlin can come to New Orleans :)
                I definitely hope so, but as time passes that seems more and more unlikely.
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

                “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

                Comment


                • #23
                  Thats a ton of money for an average safety at best. He was arguably our worst starter on Defense so I wont miss him.

                  Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
                  It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
                  Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
                  http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
                  421 Witness
                  756*

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    I'm pretty sure Hamlin will command more. I'm not sure if that would be wiser. If Hamlin signs for similar money, then yes, I would agree that would've been wiser. I don't see it as "blowing" it away. Rather I see it as the new nature of NFL contracts.
                    Good point. We also dont get to know the details of the contract, like the one in Clements cotract that voids the last year in that deal. I would like to see if teams are actually spending more percentage wise on free agents this year comprared to previous years.

                    That being said, spending big $ on other teams free agents has not proven to be a good idea, and lot of the time it teams didn't spend their cap space wisely.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      That's massive, good thing Green Bay didn't offer him anything like that


                      Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I am so high and laughing my ass off right now. Deon Grant really just received the largest signing bonus ever for a safety? Jesus...

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          How much is in signing bonus and how much in roster bonus? Should be interesting to see. I know michael lewis deal was roster bonus's only

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I wonder how much Tory is going to make next year, does Pitt resign him or let him walk.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information