Trade Deadline Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
    So, do you guys think it's Good or Bad for the NFL that there are rarely any big trades?
    In my mind its a bad thing. There is so much hype before the NBA, MLB, and NHL trade deadlines and they are always exciting. I wish it was that way in the NFL. I remember just how huge the Champ for Portis trade was, I think the NFL needs more of that.

Comment

• I think it's a good thing. Players change teams enough as it is during free agency. Baseball is ridiculous in terms of player stability unless you're a fan of a big market team, and basketball is a carnival of turnover. It seems like 90% of the players change teams every year.

I like to develop a connection with guys on the team, which is one of the reasons I've become much more into college sports lately.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

So, do you guys think it's Good or Bad for the NFL that there are rarely any big trades?
        I think it pretty obvious that the draft and free agency is the way these GMs want to go. To trade for someone has gotten so rare it's like you're getting damaged goods. Personally i think you can get some good football players on the cheap but teams dont seem to agree.

Comment

• I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing really, but I think it's kind of a pragmatic thing. In basketball, baseball, and hockey you can plug in guys and without much practice time. In the NFL, aside from wide receivers you might argue, the learning curve is much, much steeper.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

It sure doesn't hurt the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by rockio42 View Post
              a rookie wide-out and a 5th rounder for a damn good player in one of our thinnest and possible worst depth-wise spots of our team...oh yea that makes sense
              It makes perfect sense.

Rams aren't going anywhere, they were paying Spoon a lot of cash and he's not going to be around in 2 years when hopefully the Rams turn it around. So why not trade him and get something for him?

Brandon Gibson is going to be a solid Receiver in this league.

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
                So f'ing mad right now, we now have CHRIS CHAMBERLAIN starting at WLB for us, crappy preaseason, NOT TO MENTION we have Paris Lenon starting SLB for us, hasn't done crap so far.

So.. we create ANOTHER whole on this godforbid team, while getting a completely unproven, injury prone WR, that has a slim chance at even being a slot for us.

Dang, forgot we got a high (5th round) draft pick, hopefully Dez Bryant is still there, right?

Ugh, Deaveny, I love you, but wtf?
                Calm it down.

Getting a 5th rounder and Gibson >>> Dumping Witherspoon next spring to avoid his $5 million salary and getting NOTHING

I've liked Will while he was here, but if he factored into the long-term future of this franchise, they wouldn't have moved him. He turns 30 next year, has had some injury issues this season and last, and his salary jumps to $5 million in 2010. Were the Rams going to pay him that? Probably not.

As for Gibson, how can you say the guy has a slim chance of being a slot for us when the Rams have been forced to play Amendola and Carter at receiver much more than they should have because of injuries? At this rate, for all we know, Gibson could emerge and surprise some people, just as Robinson did.

I would have liked to get more than a 5th as well, but I sincerely doubt Devaney had a deal for a third and turned it down. You get what you can get. Witherspoon wasn't exactly making plays all over the field in this defense - his 6 tackles a game and one sole QB pressure could probably be matched by someone making less money.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                  Steven Jackson should go demand to be released or something. Maybe we will give him that privledge after next year if he isn't a free agent already so that he can make a big pay day next season with the uncapped year. Cuz WTF are we doing? Are we trying to go 0-16?
                  You are 0-16, just won't get recognized like the Lions.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information