Cedric Benson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas represent!

Benson has always been a a stud. I honestly thought Mack had just run the hell out of him at Texas, but obviously that's not the case.

I think it was his dreadlocks. He cut him before the draft and he stunk it up in Chi town. He's growing up back again and he's beasting! Sincerely, i'm not surprised, he's just that good.

Comment

The funny thing about it is he's playing as well or better than his numbers are showing. Cedric Benson is the real deal. 100+ yards and a 28 yard Td against the Ravens, 76 yards and a 23 yard Td vs. Pittsburgh, 108 total yards and a rushing Td against undefeated Denver. The guy has earned it running behind a much maligned offensive line too. It's ironic he's playing at such a high level, as not many thought he had it in him these days. Trust me, the guy is for real and if he stays healthy 1,000-1,100 yards will be an easy feat and there's an off chance he hits the Offensive Line's goal for him, 1,500 yards. A flat out tremendously talented player who has it all: size, speed, vision, a violent running style, heart, and the uncanny ability to fall forward. I'm glad Benson's performance has people eating crow, but I have much more respect for the people that didn't lose faith in Cedric. He's been a model citizen in the locker room and has been a pro bowl caliber back early.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
      - For daily NFL draft coverage:
      www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

He just needs to stay the hell out of Lake Travis.

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
          I think I feel you BB.

Really. Thomas Jones, ex Bear. Lead the AFC in rushing last year. Ced Benson, ex Bear. Leads the AFC in rushing this year.
          Also Kyle Orton lighting it up in Denver. Plus I think we all know that if (when?) Matt Schaub goes down in Houston that Rex Grossman will go to town on this league with Andre Johnson to throw to deep.

Comment

Having a great year and seems to have really matured. Of course he is a FA after this season which has modivated more than one players to play above his head. It will pay off big for him financially, then we will find out if he can maintain his performance level.
            And proud of it!!!

Comment

Nothing like a contract year to instigate some beasting. Gotta love his running style though.

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
                Also Kyle Orton lighting it up in Denver. Plus I think we all know that if (when?) Matt Schaub goes down in Houston that Rex Grossman will go to town on this league with Andre Johnson to throw to deep.
                jizzed in my pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                  Having a great year and seems to have really matured. Of course he is a FA after this season which has modivated more than one players to play above his head. It will pay off big for him financially, then we will find out if he can maintain his performance level.
                  No he's not. In the offseason he signed a two year deal worth 7 million.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                  - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                  www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                    He just needs to stay the hell out of Lake Travis.
                    I pictured him doing the Randy Marsh reaction while getting arrested.

"I thought this was America!?"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                      I think I feel you BB.

Really. Thomas Jones, ex Bear. Lead the AFC in rushing last year. Ced Benson, ex Bear. Leads the AFC in rushing this year.

Coincidence? Or maybe the Bears o-line just sucks balls.

Either way: Benson looks fantastic, everything I hoped he'd be when I heard that the Bears signed him (although he wasn't my first choice).
                      I had this kind of nasty speech there at the people who think the Bears are dumb for cutting him...

But while he was there, he had the trifecta of issues: Sucked on the field, Injured a bit too much, and lots of problems off the field.

Any team would have cut him. Had the Bears not cut him when they did, everyone would have been critical of them as a franchise for harboring such a bad seed.

Props to Benson for turning it around, but any one of us would have cut him if we were in the Bears shoes.

Comment

Has there really been anyone here critical of the Bears FO for getting rid of him?

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          I had this kind of nasty speech there at the people who think the Bears are dumb for cutting him...

But while he was there, he had the trifecta of issues: Sucked on the field, Injured a bit too much, and lots of problems off the field.

Any team would have cut him. Had the Bears not cut him when they did, everyone would have been critical of them as a franchise for harboring such a bad seed.

Props to Benson for turning it around, but any one of us would have cut him if we were in the Bears shoes.
                          Nah, you can't blame the Bears for cutting him. He was down right awful with the Bears. Maybe getting cut opened his eyes and he realized he had better start focusing on improving himself as a player if he wanted to make it in this league.

Sadly thats just how it goes sometimes in the NFL. Either way, Forte is pretty awesome so I wouldn't look back too much in regret or distain for people who says it's a bad move.

It's like the Giants trading Ryan Grant for a 6th round pick. Sure he's been pretty good with the Packers but at the time we had three excellent running backs and still have two very excellent backs right now.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                            Nah, you can't blame the Bears for cutting him. He was down right awful with the Bears. Maybe getting cut opened his eyes and he realized he had better start focusing on improving himself as a player if he wanted to make it in this league.

Sadly thats just how it goes sometimes in the NFL. Either way, Forte is pretty awesome so I wouldn't look back too much in regret or distain for people who says it's a bad move.

It's like the Giants trading Ryan Grant for a 6th round pick. Sure he's been pretty good with the Packers but at the time we had three excellent running backs and still have two very excellent backs right now.
                            I dunno if I would of called Benson downright awful. While he certainly didnt perform like the Top 5 pick he was drafted as, he did have over 4 YPC his first two years, and never had over 200 carries as a Bear. So while he did have his off field issues and his injuries, I dont think its fair to call him absolutely atrocious. He was never really given a shot to be the true #1 they drafted him to be because Thomas Jones broke out the year he was drafted.

Im not critiquing the Bears for cutting him. I would of cut his ass too. It seemed every month there was a new headline starring Benson in some sort of off the field incident. I wouldnt of put up with that immature **** either. Its good to see him turn it around, I was a big fan of his running style at Texas. But the Bears were absolutely right in letting him go.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                              Has there really been anyone here critical of the Bears FO for getting rid of him?
                              No. And that was not the point of the thread really.

Comment

I do think the Bears could have handled a lot of things differently and coaxed some real production out of him, but by the time he got cut it was the right move.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information