Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underrated traits that most elite rb's possess

High character and intelligence

Everyone knows you want a QB to possess those traits, but most discussions about RB's center around who's the fastest, most powerful, best pass catcher, etc. How many elite RB's are getting in trouble off the field? I don't remember many cases of guys like Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, LT, AP, etc getting into trouble off the field or showing poor work ethic. Those facets should be more discussed when debating RB's entering the Draft. The End.

Every Position benefits from that. every position does...

Comment

I don't see what you're trying to say. Every elite player should and does posses these attributes.

Are you saying we should ignore speed in favor of a high character guy that lacks physically in comparison?

Comment

I look to those attributes... but after vision, explosion and power.

Comment

Ability to stay healthy... Unlike Felix Jones.

Comment

Yes, staying healthy, and stamina are big.
            Originally posted by SNIPER26
            fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

The underrated trait that I like is being able to catch passes. Ray Rice has more yards total than Adrian Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                High character and intelligence

Everyone knows you want a QB to possess those traits, but most discussions about RB's center around who's the fastest, most powerful, best pass catcher, etc. How many elite RB's are getting in trouble off the field? I don't remember many cases of guys like Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, LT, AP, etc getting into trouble off the field or showing poor work ethic. Those facets should be more discussed when debating RB's entering the Draft. The End.
                Please don't mention Emmitt Smith when talking about above average intelligence.

Comment

Ya know wahts funny, players now play longer and longer and into older age than they have before.

Yet, Rbs have gotten their lifespan shortened. This league might be turning into a pass happy league, but who says the rbs aren't being run into the ground. They have to take more shots blocking, get hit in the open field, go out for more passes, and still run the rock. Even if they are splitting the carries, they touch the ball a lot in one form or another.

Before Qbs played till 30-32 pushing it playing at 33.

Now 32-35 Qbs still can play, and pushing it at 37-40.

WR same boat 30-32, now play till 35 or if your knees give out.

Rbs on the other hand played till 31-33, and were still very capable as Rbs when they got over 30. Now 29-31, and usually dread the age 30, and we rarely see Rbs play till 32.

Just something I been wondering, I'm put some time and find some numbers.

Comment

Ahmad Bradshaw had some off the field issues in college. Reese looked past that and we were lucky to land him in the 7th round.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't understand why you're talking specifically about running backs. And plenty of good running backs have had off the field issues, an obvious one is OJ.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                        an obvious one is OJ.
                        not when he was a player.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          not when he was a player.

Fine, Marshawn Lynch or Cedric Benson.

Comment

People never tend to talk about vision as much as they should IMHO.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Clean teeth. I think RBs should have nice clean teeth.

Sorry, this thread doesnt make much sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information