No announcement yet.

NFL Team with the best young talent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every year it seems that scouts from almost every other team are present in bunches during the Ravens final preseason games. I think this speaks volumes for how young, deep and talented that roster truly is. They would be my pick.

Comment

Broncos have a ton of key pieces together on offense working for them if they lock em all up. Defense, its a little bit more iffy though.
      QB - Kyle Orton
      RB - Knowshon Moreno
      FB - Peyton Hillis
      WR - Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Gaffney, McKinley
      TE - Scheffler
      OT - Clady and Harris
      OG - Kuper and Olsen

Comment

This is turning into a homer fest. No surprise there.

Comment

I hate seeing everyone post their teams young guys. Who cares if they're young, what we do care about is if they're young AND good. With that said, the Ravens and Jets seem to be far and away the most young and talented teams out there.

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
            What do you consider young? I only looked at guys from the Ravens who are 27 and under, and who start or contribute frequently. While the Ravens have players getting up there in age (Mason, Birk, Ray, Reed, Gregg, Pryce), they still have a nice core of young players, especially on offense. We really need to add some youth to the D-line.

Offense
            QB Joe Flacco-24
            T Jared Gaither- 23
            G Ben Grubbs- 25
            C/G Chris Chester- 26
            T Michael Oher-23
            G/T Marshal Yanda -25
            FB Le'Ron McClain-24
            RB Ray Rice-22
            WR Mark Clayton -27

Defense
            DL Haloti Ngata-25
            OLB/DE Terrell Suggs-27
            LB Tavares Gooden-25
            CB Domonique Foxworth-26
            CB Fabian Washington-26
            S Dawan Landry-26
            Dang, Suggs is only 27. It just feels like he's been around forever.

Comment

I've always admired what San Diego did from afar.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                I hate seeing everyone post their teams young guys. Who cares if they're young, what we do care about is if they're young AND good. With that said, the Ravens and Jets seem to be far and away the most young and talented teams out there.
                Yeah exactly, i could've come in here going on about the Colts having a young, talented roster just because they are the second youngest team in the league (i think...GB no. 1?). But realistically, although i like the look of the Colts roster for the next few years a hell of a lot, there are teams going around that are far younger in the most important positions.

You can have all the young linebackers, safeties and guards you want but what a team really needs to be looking good into the future is youth and talent at the blue chip positions - quarterback, tackle, pass rusher (be it either stand up or hand in the ground variety) and cornerback.

Comment

Giants, Ravens, Falcons, Green bay, Carolina (I'm not a homer, average age is one of the youngest in the NFL) Jets, Cincinnati and to an extent and wholly depending on how certain guys develop Tampa.

If New Orleans, Pittsburgh and Tennessee continue to draft well in the coming years, they'll get more youthful and be right amongst it.

Comment

Just listing guys under 30 who get significant playing time(or would if they weren't injured)

Cards
                    Beanie Wells RB 21
                    Cody Brown OLB 21
                    Calais Campbell DE 23
                    Tim Hightower RB 23
                    Rashad Johnson S 23
                    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB 23
                    Alan Branch DE 24
                    Levi Brown LT 25
                    Lyle Sendlein C 25
                    Steve Breaston WR 26
                    Larry Fitzgerald WR 26
                    Matt Leinart QB 26
                    Deuce Lutui RG 26
                    Antrel Rolle FS 26
                    Gabe Watson NT 26
                    Karlos Dansby LB 27
                    Bryant McFadden CB 27
                    Stephen Spach TE 27
                    Darnell Dockett DT 28
                    Jerheme Urban WR 28
                    Reggie Wells LG 28
                    Anquan Boldin WR 29
                    Gerald Hayes LB 29

Starters in Bold

Comment

26 years old and under is what I would consider young.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                        Carolina (I'm not a homer, average age is one of the youngest in the NFL)
                        I beg to differ. What exactly have you got in the way of young talent? Williams and Stewart i like alot. Otah looks very good at right tackle. Jon Beason, Thomas Davis and Chris Gamble on D are about the only young players that really stand out to me. Can't really comment on Ryan Kalil cause i haven't exactly concentrated on him, is Charles Godfrey playing well?

I really don't think that is even remotely close to being a premier bunch of young players and i haven't even brought up the massive hole you have at quarterback.

Comment

Pretty much every major player on the Giants is 30 and under. The only exceptions are LG Rich Seubert, RT Kareem McKenzie, and then Feagles and Tynes.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                            I beg to differ. What exactly have you got in the way of young talent? Williams and Stewart i like alot. Otah looks very good at right tackle. Jon Beason, Thomas Davis and Chris Gamble on D are about the only young players that really stand out to me. Can't really comment on Ryan Kalil cause i haven't exactly concentrated on him, is Charles Godfrey playing well?

I really don't think that is even remotely close to being a premier bunch of young players and i haven't even brought up the massive hole you have at quarterback.
                            Offense:

DeAngelo Williams
                            Jon Stewart

Jeff King / Dante Rosario (neither post eye popping stats, but both have been excellent this year)
                            Otah is a very good right tackle
                            Kalil is one of the best centers in the NFC right now, very quietly so, makes no mistakes, makes excellent calls and never gives up sacks or whiffs on blocks. IMO he's a top 5 player on the team.

I'll admit, QB and WR are a little sparse, but there is like with kenny moore and Steve Smith is only just hitting 30 with no real injury history.

Defense:

Charles Johnson
                            : Becoming a force and likely will replace Peppers as a starter next year, he's been excellent this year splitting snaps nearly 50/50 with Brayton
                            DT is a little bare
                            Everette Brown: Showing a lot of promise and rapidly improving, instrumental against washington.
                            Beason already one of the best linebackers in the NFL
                            Thomas Davis dominant this year and IMO will push for a probowl spot
                            James Anderson starting in the place of Diggs and playing some really good football behind him is Dan Connor who's still realistically coming back from a knee injury, looks very promising in limited action.
                            Gamble already a very good CB
                            Captain Munnerlyn 7th round pick, is already a nickel back in his rookie year beating out higher picks and 2 veterans
                            Richard Marshall Only in his 3rd or fourth year, very stout at the point of attack, excellent in run support, good cover guy
                            Godfrey quality FS, roaming, runs, good in support.

Three corners, one safety, two defensive ends, four linebackers all at starting quality.

Two running backs, two tight ends, a tackle a centre and WR coming up and some legitimate depth at guard over the last two years drafting who're already starting to sub Keydrick Vincent.

The skill positions on defense are set, the framework is there on offense. All that's needed realistically for the team to be strong for another 5 years is a guy at wide receiver, a guard or two (who are likely already on the team) and a quarterback.

It's impossible for me to stress just how limiting the QB play has been this year. 21 points through offense turn overs against Philly, 2 scores given to Washington because of turnovers inside the 20 and five consecutive three and outs preceded and followed by INTs against Dallas.

2 Losses and 1 very close win through poor QB play has really hidden just how good the nucleus of this team is. Last year with Delhomme playing well they dismantled a lot of opponents.

I agree QB and DT need fixing, but right now, the team is strong and young everywhere else. Just those two key positions through injury or bad play are letting the team down. Losing 3 DTs before the season always puts a dampner on things.

Comment

Blindsite, I'm sorry man but the Panthers have no place in this discussion. It's gotten to the point of blind homerism now lol.

The fact is the team is where they are in small part because of the slow development of a few of those young players you speak of, and to be honest it really isn't an elite bunch anyways. Compare that to the Ravens, Giants, and Jets.
                              Last edited by 619; 10-15-2009, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                                Offense:

DeAngelo Williams
                                Jon Stewart

Jeff King / Dante Rosario (neither post eye popping stats, but both have been excellent this year)
                                Otah is a very good right tackle
                                Kalil is one of the best centers in the NFC right now, very quietly so, makes no mistakes, makes excellent calls and never gives up sacks or whiffs on blocks. IMO he's a top 5 player on the team.

I'll admit, QB and WR are a little sparse, but there is like with kenny moore and Steve Smith is only just hitting 30 with no real injury history.

Defense:

Charles Johnson
                                : Becoming a force and likely will replace Peppers as a starter next year, he's been excellent this year splitting snaps nearly 50/50 with Brayton
                                DT is a little bare
                                Everette Brown: Showing a lot of promise and rapidly improving, instrumental against washington.
                                Beason already one of the best linebackers in the NFL
                                Thomas Davis dominant this year and IMO will push for a probowl spot
                                James Anderson starting in the place of Diggs and playing some really good football behind him is Dan Connor who's still realistically coming back from a knee injury, looks very promising in limited action.
                                Gamble already a very good CB
                                Captain Munnerlyn 7th round pick, is already a nickel back in his rookie year beating out higher picks and 2 veterans
                                Richard Marshall Only in his 3rd or fourth year, very stout at the point of attack, excellent in run support, good cover guy
                                Godfrey quality FS, roaming, runs, good in support.

Three corners, one safety, two defensive ends, four linebackers all at starting quality.

Two running backs, two tight ends, a tackle a centre and WR coming up and some legitimate depth at guard over the last two years drafting who're already starting to sub Keydrick Vincent.

The skill positions on defense are set, the framework is there on offense. All that's needed realistically for the team to be strong for another 5 years is a guy at wide receiver, a guard or two (who are likely already on the team) and a quarterback.

It's impossible for me to stress just how limiting the QB play has been this year. 21 points through offense turn overs against Philly, 2 scores given to Washington because of turnovers inside the 20 and five consecutive three and outs preceded and followed by INTs against Dallas.

2 Losses and 1 very close win through poor QB play has really hidden just how good the nucleus of this team is. Last year with Delhomme playing well they dismantled a lot of opponents.

I agree QB and DT need fixing, but right now, the team is strong and young everywhere else. Just those two key positions through injury or bad play are letting the team down. Losing 3 DTs before the season always puts a dampner on things.
                                Yeah good points, but i still think you might be overrating the overall talent on the roster. And as you said, the qb play is holding them back and can you honestly see how that is going to change in the next few years? I know it's ridiculous predicting that far into the future but a solid team like Carolina is going to struggle to get into a position to acquire a premier qb talent. I kind of liken them to the Pacers in the NBA, solid, edge of the playoffs team, just hard to see them pushing a superbowl berth.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information