NFL Team with the best young talent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
    Gholston gets a star, because he is not and probably won't be the Pro Bowler we thought we were going to get. Good role player though.
    He has 12 CAREER solo tackles most of which have come on special teams. He can't even get on the field in garbage time.

Exactly what "role" is he "playing"?

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
      Honestly, it's money you will not regret spending. I read it in a weekend, started reading and could not put it down. Strahan's book is kind of cool, even though it's not exactly in depth.

My library is the same, almost all politics, war, very weighty in depth tomes, light NFL books are a good read for the most part, but the GM changed the way I look at football teams and made me a big time Giants fan after my first love.
      Not to get off the topic but that sounds exactly like my bookshelf as well. I have read the GM and I did find it to be very good in terms of showing how Accorsi put some of the team together. It was a little repetitive but all in all a book I would recommen especially to a Giants fan.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

saints are pretty young (well not on average but thats slanted due to a few really old guys)
        The best parts of our OLine are young (Brown, Evans, Nicks)
        All our running backs are 26 tops
        All our good receivers(Moore, Colston Maechem) are 26 tops
        Our Dline is normal (Clancy and Grant are 31 but easily replaceable, Will Smith is 28 the rest is younger)
        Linebackers are a bit old but bad anyways
        DB's are very young with the exception of sharper.

I think 15 of the 22 starters(Goodwin, Stinch, Shanle, Clancy,Grant,Fujita and Sharper are bound to be gone by then) could be around in four years if the staff wants.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
          26 years old and under is what I would consider young.
          i.e. still on their first contract.
          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
            What do you consider young? I only looked at guys from the Ravens who are 27 and under, and who start or contribute frequently. While the Ravens have players getting up there in age (Mason, Birk, Ray, Reed, Gregg, Pryce), they still have a nice core of young players, especially on offense. We really need to add some youth to the D-line.

Offense
            QB Joe Flacco-24
            T Jared Gaither- 23
            G Ben Grubbs- 25
            C/G Chris Chester- 26
            T Michael Oher-23
            G/T Marshal Yanda -25
            FB Le'Ron McClain-24
            RB Ray Rice-22
            WR Mark Clayton -27

Defense
            DL Haloti Ngata-25
            OLB/DE Terrell Suggs-27
            LB Tavares Gooden-25
            CB Domonique Foxworth-26
            CB Fabian Washington-26
            S Dawan Landry-26
            Clayton is lacking in the talent department. I like that our O-line is really young though.

Comment

Originally posted by tuan33 View Post
              Dang, Suggs is only 27. It just feels like he's been around forever.
              He came into the league when he was 20, so he has been around a while. I'm not sure I would put him as one of our young talents anymore, he's like in the middle of old and young :D.

Comment

Since most of our youth is unproven, I'll just mention this

Joe Thomas, 24
                Eric Wright, 24

That's right, the best tackle and one of the best up and coming corners are only 24.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                  Offense:

DeAngelo Williams
                  Jon Stewart

Jeff King / Dante Rosario (neither post eye popping stats, but both have been excellent this year)
                  Otah is a very good right tackle
                  Kalil is one of the best centers in the NFC right now, very quietly so, makes no mistakes, makes excellent calls and never gives up sacks or whiffs on blocks. IMO he's a top 5 player on the team.

I'll admit, QB and WR are a little sparse, but there is like with kenny moore and Steve Smith is only just hitting 30 with no real injury history.

Defense:

Charles Johnson
                  : Becoming a force and likely will replace Peppers as a starter next year, he's been excellent this year splitting snaps nearly 50/50 with Brayton
                  DT is a little bare
                  Everette Brown: Showing a lot of promise and rapidly improving, instrumental against washington.
                  Beason already one of the best linebackers in the NFL
                  Thomas Davis dominant this year and IMO will push for a probowl spot
                  James Anderson starting in the place of Diggs and playing some really good football behind him is Dan Connor who's still realistically coming back from a knee injury, looks very promising in limited action.
                  Gamble already a very good CB
                  Captain Munnerlyn 7th round pick, is already a nickel back in his rookie year beating out higher picks and 2 veterans
                  Richard Marshall Only in his 3rd or fourth year, very stout at the point of attack, excellent in run support, good cover guy
                  Godfrey quality FS, roaming, runs, good in support.

Three corners, one safety, two defensive ends, four linebackers all at starting quality.

Two running backs, two tight ends, a tackle a centre and WR coming up and some legitimate depth at guard over the last two years drafting who're already starting to sub Keydrick Vincent.

The skill positions on defense are set, the framework is there on offense. All that's needed realistically for the team to be strong for another 5 years is a guy at wide receiver, a guard or two (who are likely already on the team) and a quarterback.

It's impossible for me to stress just how limiting the QB play has been this year. 21 points through offense turn overs against Philly, 2 scores given to Washington because of turnovers inside the 20 and five consecutive three and outs preceded and followed by INTs against Dallas.

2 Losses and 1 very close win through poor QB play has really hidden just how good the nucleus of this team is. Last year with Delhomme playing well they dismantled a lot of opponents.

I agree QB and DT need fixing, but right now, the team is strong and young everywhere else. Just those two key positions through injury or bad play are letting the team down. Losing 3 DTs before the season always puts a dampner on things.

You guys have a FEW good young players, but when you start listing guys like Jeff King and Dante Rosario, then you always act surprised when someone calls you a homer. Neither the Panthers, nor those 2 TE's deserve to be in this conversation. I could give you a pass on a few of the guys you listed who have really shown minimal at this point because their rookies so a few good plays after 5 games hardly means anything, but you lost credibility for the post when you listed the TE's as if there anything special at all.

Then again these threads always turn into homer threads. I love the Ravens probably the most, had they been able to keep Jason Brown at C that O-line would be sick, Oher has arguably been the top rookie and Gaither is arguably the top LT right now in the league, and they still have plenty of youth on defense.

I still like the Jets, Giants, and Eagles though, because they have some young players at key positions that are actually specially talents, not just run of the mill players who are below 26.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Didn't someone before the season post the youngest and oldest teams in the NFL. Just find that thread, look from the youngest team on up, and see if they are good. I am sure then, you will find, which team is has the best talent for their young age.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      You guys have a FEW good young players, but when you start listing guys like Jeff King and Dante Rosario, then you always act surprised when someone calls you a homer. Neither the Panthers, nor those 2 TE's deserve to be in this conversation. I could give you a pass on a few of the guys you listed who have really shown minimal at this point because their rookies so a few good plays after 5 games hardly means anything, but you lost credibility for the post when you listed the TE's as if there anything special at all.
                      I think Dante Rosario is pretty good.

As for best young talent...Eagles come to mind, it always seems like they are pulling some playmakers out of a hat. #1 should probably be the Ravens though. The D, that O-line, hitting on a QB, it keeps going.

Comment

How has Curry looked for the seahawks? I haven't had a chance to see him play.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                          Raiders are pretty young but we suck so we dont count
                          They have had a couple of excellent drafts in the recent past & have some excellent younger players ..... pretty much one-sided though, all on defense. Their offense is not even a work in progress, it's an unmitigated disaster under new HC after new HC.

Asomugha from Cal & my vote for Unsung Raider Hero, Kirk Morrison the MLB, both local players came in the same draft. It indicates just how hard the times are for the Raiders that their twice-FPed player Asomugha is rumored to be trade bait. Morrison gets no headlines or fanbase love but he's steady, dependable. And he doesn't cause trouble in the least stable, most mutiny-prone locker room in the league. I think Morrison was a mid-rd. steal, he's an Oakland native happy to be playing in his hometown. Michael Huff has enormous upside as a phenom athlete & who was moved to safety but hasnt fulfilled any expectations yet.

KC is a very young team that did an almost complete reload under the Herminator, who said he wanted "8 new starters here" last yr, came close with like 7 of them. As for a good young team, uhh, no. Watching them vs Dallas last Sunday I saw that Bowe is a budding superstar & they have very good (but not great) team speed. They got rid of Herm & the regime of King Carl Peterson at the top, definitely the right direction to go. Keep an eye on KC after the next draft, they will almost certainly be drafting in the top 5-6 & if they could get a couple more more impact rookies who can start as rookies, watch out.
                          Last edited by LizardState; 10-15-2009, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Hmm....young pups on the Bears worth mentioning:

QB- Jay Cutler- 26
                            RB- Matt Forte-23
                            WR- Devin Hester- 26
                            WR- Earl Bennett- 22
                            WR- Johnny Knox- 22
                            TE- Greg Olson-24
                            TE- Kellen Davis- 23
                            OT- Chris Williams- 24
                            G- Frank Omiyale- 26
                            C- Josh Beekman- 26

DE- Mark Anderson- 26
                            DT- Tommie Harris- 26
                            DT- Marcus Harrison- 24
                            CB- Zack Bowman- 24
                            S- Danieal Manning- 26
                            S- Al Afalava- 22

Lance Briggs and Charles Tillman are both 28. This is about what I expected. Pretty solid overall.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                              How has Curry looked for the seahawks? I haven't had a chance to see him play.
                              He played ok in the Bears game. Nothing special.

Comment

Really didn't want to but thought I had to throw this out there. I used 26 and under for the criteria. Do you realize how young of a team this is?

Green Bay Packers:
                                QB -Aaron Rodgers
                                RB - Ryan Grant
                                WR - Greg Jennings
                                WR -James Jones
                                WR - Jordy Nelson
                                TE - Jermichael Finley

DL - BJ Raji
                                DL - Johnny Jolly
                                LB - AJ Hawk
                                LB - Clay Matthews
                                CB - Tramon Williams
                                S - Nick Collins

Could use some young promising offensive lineman.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information