No announcement yet.

Week 5 thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Bucs can beat the Panthers this week.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
      we were talking about the denver game. 7 points in 60 minutes is all of 1 point better than the browns put up. new orleans and indy aren't even in the same universe, as far as offense goes.

mostly, i just think it's hilarious that everyone focuses on the one play, and not on the fact that that one play is irrelevant if the bengals could've done anything on offense for 55 minutes.
      Oh so we're assuming the September '09 Bengals are the same as the January '10 Bengals?

Teams change over the course of a season. New coaching staffs have tape on their schemes, offenses and defenses get into a rhythm & injuries take their toll.

I'm going to assume you already knew that though, so I guess it was just an opportunity for you to take a soft jab at the Bengals for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
        I think the Bucs can beat the Panthers this week.
        I guess we'll see, but I can see two running backs having a party on sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
          I guess we'll see, but I can see two running backs having a party on sunday.
          Me too. Caddy and Wardy ;)

Comment

Our Dline was superb against the redskins. Especially Peppers, and the linebackers have been amazing so far this season.

This game will come down to game planning on Davidson's part. If he wants the ball in Delhomme's hands early and he throws picks and the defense has to spend a lot of time on the field. It'll be close. If he decides to load up and let Stewart and Williams get into gear, it'll be a great day to be a Panthers fan. As I mentioned if not for two turnovers against washington which literally handed them the ball inside the 20 yard line, it would've been a 3 point day for washington
            Last edited by BlindSite; 10-14-2009, 05:57 AM.

Comment

yes, that's why the cleveland browns offense outscored the bengals offense two weeks ago. lack of tape.

sorry, the cincinnati offense is terrible. and it just gets worse when benson barely averages 3ypc like he did in week one. but i'm sure it was just the catch.
              I am not saying that the offense is some offensive force. I am saying they will likely be more successful as would the Denver offense on the bengals. Every defense has weaknesses and teams can improve. It seems ignorant that a team like the Broncos who never got in the redzone in the same game can claim offensive ineptitude on the other team.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

I think NYG @ NO could be a preview of the NFCCG this Sunday. NYG, MIN & NO looking like the cream of the crop in the NFC right now. Should be interesting to see how that one plays out.
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                  I think NYG @ NO could be a preview of the NFCCG this Sunday. NYG, MIN & NO looking like the cream of the crop in the NFC right now. Should be interesting to see how that one plays out.
                  The biggest test this week is for the NO defense. Much improved it's been this year, but between the Vikings, Giants, and Saints, the Saints defense is the one unit that can be questioned the most.

Comment

Maybe.. But way too early still. It's a good game to win, but the loser can say, seeya in december or jan. Both teams can change so much until the playoffs, so this game isn't a big deal in my opinion. Obviously you want to win the game and all, but because it's so early, I wouldn't go drawing conclusions based on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      The biggest test this week is for the NO defense. Much improved it's been this year, but between the Vikings, Giants, and Saints, the Saints defense is the one unit that can be questioned the most.
                      Definitely. This is a game we have to get good production from our front four - what they did against the Jets' offensive line was impressive, but we'll need a repeat performance if we're hoping to win. I think Gregg Williams attacks Eli early to disrupt him.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        I am really liking Eli's progression this year, but I am still not completely sold on the Giants passing offense. Manning has put up some great numbers this year, but the level of competition is just terrible. He has dominated WAS (2-3), DAL (3-2), TB (0-5), KC (0-5), and OAK (1-4), which is the only thing he could really do, but what is going to happen to the 'uber balanced' Giants and their offense if they run into MIN, SF, or PHI in the playoffs? Or a decent team for that matter. It will be interesting to see how this passing offense progresses over the course of the season with the young wideouts.

I am still questioning the Saints defense. Everyone says it has changed and is good enough for the Saints to reach the SB, but, once again, look at who the Saints defense has to deal with at QB: Stafford (1st career start), Kolb (1st career start), Edwards (26th start) Sanchez (4th career start). Not only is there hardly any experience there, but the quality of the passers hasn't been that great either. I think we will get a better grasp of how legit this Saints D is when they play franchise QBs in Eli Manning and Matt Ryan in 2 of the next 3 weeks (Chad Henne in between).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

oh, right, just like YOU'RE assuming the broncos would have the same gameplan. when it's actually fairly obvious to anyone who's watched that the offense has completely changed from week one.
                          No, not at all? You're a moron. I never said the Broncos would have the same game plan. The whole point of my post was that both teams would be so different I doubt that the out come would be anything similar.

seriously? THIS is what you come back with? i'm glad your fellow fans CAN'T WAIT for a rematch with a 5-0 team because injuries happen. bloody brilliant argument. i'm so glad you were here to bring that up.
                          Once again, you took 1 part of my argument and decided to to attack that, instead of the whole paragraph (or post). I'm not going to sit here and correct your terrible debating techniques, but seriously open your eyes and read the entire paragraph, it was a 3 point argument.

no, i'm taking a jab at fans who say stupid things and don't bother following up with remotely worthwhile arguments supporting what they think. but hey, blind homerism must look logical when you agree with it.
                          Once again, this is just a soft jab that has nothing to do with football, my argument or even me. I didn't say "stupid things", I followed it up with a relevant point, and I never had blind homerism. In fact, I never even said Cinci would win a game against Denver in January - my whole point was our offense will be very different by then, as will their defense, our defense and their offense.

Comment

I reserve the right to wait a little while longer before I proclaim Eli Manning as having broken out. He looks great, Smith and Manningham have made plays, he is much more accurate and poised than he used to be. However, he has yet to finish a season strong. Part of that is the weather in Giants Stadium, but not all of it can be attributed to that. That being said I think he has passed Roethlisberger on my personal QB depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              I reserve the right to wait a little while longer before I proclaim Eli Manning as having broken out. He looks great, Smith and Manningham have made plays, he is much more accurate and poised than he used to be. However, he has yet to finish a season strong. Part of that is the weather in Giants Stadium, but not all of it can be attributed to that. That being said I think he has passed Roethlisberger on my personal QB depth chart.
                              I think Eli is 3rd for me, but I haven't really thought about QB rankings in a long time :P

Comment

Definitely. This is a game we have to get good production from our front four - what they did against the Jets' offensive line was impressive, but we'll need a repeat performance if we're hoping to win. I think Gregg Williams attacks Eli early to disrupt him.
                                How has Sedrick Ellis been playing?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information