No announcement yet.

Week 5 Power Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky Call denotes that a call should've gone the other way. Homeboy got blocked into his own returner, that's a correct call based on the rules, no "luck" in it. Strong ST play can win games, in this case it did.

Comment

I think that the Vikings are in a good spot. I'm really hoping they can do well against the Ravens. 6-0 would be fantastic.

sig by fenikz
      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
      You are just a terrible person.
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
        Lucky Call denotes that a call should've gone the other way. Homeboy got blocked into his own returner, that's a correct call based on the rules, no "luck" in it. Strong ST play can win games, in this case it did.
        I should have put a "lucky" play instead of a lucky call.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

Not a fan of the Steelers over the Ravens, however the emergence of Mendenhall does help this. The Steelers also had a close one with the Titans.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if they still win the division... They always do.

I like the rankings overall.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
            I think that the Vikings are in a good spot. I'm really hoping they can do well against the Ravens. 6-0 would be fantastic.
            How has Sidney Rice been progressing I only saw two games this year and he didn't show up much in one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
              Not a fan of the Steelers over the Ravens, however the emergence of Mendenhall does help this. The Steelers also had a close one with the Titans.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if they still win the division... They always do.

I like the rankings overall.
              It was difficult but the reason for ranking the Steelers over the Ravens was based on several things:
              1. The emergence of Mendenhall for Pittsburgh is starting to help open up the running game for the Steelers which is something they have needed to have balance on offense.
              2. The Ravens have lost two games in a row as well as allowing their first 100 yard game to a rusher (and Cedric Benson of all people) in quite some time.
              3. The Ravens pass defense is questionable at best right now.

Although Pittsburgh has a hard time closing out games, they still manage to win, while the Ravens just haven't been able to get over the hump when it comes to closing out games with a W.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                How has Sidney Rice been progressing I only saw two games this year and he didn't show up much in one of them.
                We Vikings fans seriously believe that Rice is having is breakout year. He has two touchdowns (i think) this year already. He has made some nice catches. It's amazing what a good quarterback can do for a team.

sig by fenikz
                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                You are just a terrible person.
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                  Week 5 Power Rankings

1. New York Giants Steamrolled the hapless Raiders. Eli had a much needed short work day and needs the rest when the G-men travel the SuperDome to play the Saints next week.

2. Indianapolis Colts Peyton Manning is playing some of the best football of his career and is making studs out of young receivers Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon.
                  I would put the Colts ahead of the Giants for now. I am worried about New York's injuries, can they survive the battle of attrition? It is a testament to Jerry Reese that they've survived this well.

What team in the AFC can stop the Colts right now? All the 3-4 defenses that gave them so many problems in the past look significantly weaker this year: San Diego is terrible, Baltimore's pass defense is pathetic, New England and Pittsburgh have been mediocre. Peyton's road has never looked so easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                    the 49ers were (are? at least until they prove otherwise this season) perennial losers. you just got dominated by the Falcons... do you really not get it??
                    What an ironic statement from a Bengals fan.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                      What an ironic statement from a Bengals fan.
                      I agree.

Unfortunately, I disagree with the original post. The 49ers are legit with the team they have in place and maybe another 9 games of seasoning they'll start playing with some consistancy. They're young in experience in some key places. Not having Frank Gore also doesn't help, but that should be fixed relatively shortly.
                      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information