Rhodes signed with Radiers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhodes signed with Radiers!

NFL Network is apparently reporting that RB Dominic Rhodes signed a two year deal with the Raiders.

dominic rhodes has signed a 2 year deal with the raider worth 7.5 million

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Comment

wow, smartest deal yet. good for al
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Great signing by the Raiders. Well, will it be CJ or will it be JaMarcus? ;)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
          $3.75 million a year for a part-time back is "smart"? only in raiderland.
          I would have done that deal for the Giants. With all the cap room available and deals other players are getting, that is a good deal.

Comment

Best of luck to ya, Dom. Your tough running in the playoffs helped the Colts get to and win the Super Bowl.

This likely opens the door for DeDe Dorsey aka 3D.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

i'll take it. looking at some of the other contracts given out i'll be ok with it.

Comment

it's still not a good deal. he's making more than fulltime, proven running backs and he'll still only be splitting time with jordan (unless i've missed something in raiderland). i just don't see how a nearly $4m a year contract is smart, especially since it's all in two years, meaning rhodes will most likely get all of it.
                Yeah I agree, not a good deal, but he must be going to get more PT than Jordan, to have made that. I remember reaidng somewhere money, and PT would influence his decision.

Comment

I like the deal. Sure ... it's a bit high. But relative to the market, it's not bad. Furthermore, I like the 2 years. Sure, he doesn't have much wear and tear on him, but he still is 28 anyway you dice it, and committing long term for a guy, especially someone coming off a DUI, wasn't worth it. He should form a solid RB tandem with Lamont Jordan that could perhaps prove useful in protecting a QB. His running style meshes fairly well with Jordan's as well.

For Rhodes, the 2 year deal makes sense, as it allows him to establish his value again in 2 years, and considering the lack of wear and tear, if he has two good seasons, teams could be intrigued enough to give him a solid deal at age 30.

Comment

Just another reflection of the money changing hands right now. At least the SB isn't likely too be big.

Comment

it's still not a good deal. he's making more than fulltime, proven running backs and he'll still only be splitting time with jordan (unless i've missed something in raiderland). i just don't see how a nearly $4m a year contract is smart, especially since it's all in two years, meaning rhodes will most likely get all of it.
                      Have you seen the amount of money being thrown around this off season? Two years for 4 million and the fact that the contract is not completely guarunteed? That is good current market value for what amounts to a test drive on a player that can still contribute for your team and who knows he may out perform Jordan next year making the deal even more reasonable.

Comment

I'm more interested in how the Colts plan on replacing him, or rather, how high they are willing to draft their complentary back. Addai does not strike me as a guy that can carry a load by himself. A poor man's Ronnie Brown if you will, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I expect the Colts to look for a quicker back to pair with Addai's downhill. Personally, I think, if asked, Addai could handle the full time load, but more and more, teams are shifting to 2 back schemes. I think Addai wore down as the year progressed, which is understandable for a rookie.

Looking at some of the UFA's out there, some names that might mesh well with Addai: Derrick Blaylock, Travis Minor,

They might add another back in the draft, but I wouldn't expect it until day 2.

They could look for another bigger, downhill type as well, where there are other options, but my guess is they'll look for a quicker complement to Addai. If they looked for a bigger guy, names like Anthony Thomas, Artose Pinner, Correll Buckhalter and so forth could enter the equation.

Comment

Ron Dayne baby.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I think the Colts will replace him in the later rounds, say 3-5. I think Addai can handle a bulk of the carries. The Patriots are in almost the exact situation with Maroney, but I think Maroney needs to share with someone.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information