No announcement yet.

Rhodes signed with Radiers!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad the Raiders got him and the Bills didn't. I'm really not a fan of Rhodes.

Comment

I would have preferred we drafted someone, all this means is that we have three mediocre running backs.

Comment

I have a hunch that no one else was willing to sign him. recent DUI coupled with his average talent level.

Comment

sweet we finally sign some1 good

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Im glad that its guaranteed that we wont draft Peterson. He'll be a good back but we have bigger needs. I was 90% we weren't going to draft him though.
            Peyton Manning Fanboy
            Originally posted by Complex
            They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

This is not the best for Rhodes. He goes to one of the worst teams in the NFL, yes he is making way too much money, so that may make up for it a little, but he has no O-line, no QB, or a young rookie QB. Best of luck Rhodes.
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I thought he liked being a back up, so why would he leave the defending Super Bowl Champs to go to the Raiders?, where he will probally start

Comment

Jordan will still be the starting RB, but I'm guessing Kiffin wants to use the 2 RB system everyone else is so he needs someone to run the ball about 10 times a game. Plus Jordan is almost always injured, so it is a good insurance policy. I think I heard a Colts fan say he is a good character guy to have on your team. The price seems a bit steep but the key word is that the deal is worth UP TO 7.5 million. I'm guessing he doesn't see more than 5 of it. Good signing by Al.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                  Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

That's great that they signed him but how's he going to be able to run? The Raiders defininitely need to address their OL, either trying to go after someone like Floyd Womack in FA or hoping that Joe Staley is still there at the top of the 2nd Rd.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

Would it be sacrilege to think that maybe they draft Joe Thomas?

Comment

Rhodes is a good guy, to my knowledge at the least, to have on your team. He didn't appear to openly complain about sharing the load and actually appeared to be happy with the idea.

That being said, this is a good fit. Rhodes is not a feature back but he can defintely be a solid back as witnessed in the playoffs this season. When he tore his ACL in 2002 it robbed him of some of the speed that made him great in 2001. Add in teams knew about him more and there was tape on him, he probably won't be at that level again.

Who might replace Rhodes with the Colts? I agree with Geo (again) in DeDe Dorsey. He's going to be a factor this season unlike last year where he was a ST player. I would love to see Ahmad Bradshaw though.
                        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

well this crushes my hopes at getting AD.oh well.hes better than Jordan.
                          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

This was a crappy move. Why keep Jordan, a mediocre RB who is due a $4 million bonus, and sign another mediocre RB in Rhodes for 4 million a year? That money could have been better spent on one of the FA TE's or OL that IMO were a much bigger need than RB. Now we have 3 mediocre RB's who's salaries total something in the range of $10 million.

Comment

I like the deal as it gives the Raiders a sold backline of Jordan and Rhodes. The key to the Raiders acquisition is Newberry. If he is plays healthy, he would be a solid anchor in the O-line and open holes for the runners ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                                I think Addai wore down as the year progressed, which is understandable for a rookie.
                                i saw completely opposite...he got better as the year went on...trust me i followed closely, i traded for him in the latter part of the year and went to the playoffs i saw his production increase as the season went further, along with more carries and touches

But with that being said, i think rhodes made a mistake...he should of signed with the giants, i was actually rooting for that to happen...would of made jacobs even better, and rhodes could of done exactly what he did for addai, i thought the giants would make a serious push...but that may mean they have their eye on someone in the draft?
                                Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 03-09-2007, 11:44 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information