• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teams that make the most sense for getting Quinn are
    St Louis
    Panthers
    Seahawks

Once again dont count out Oakland, probably give up Nnamdi for him. 2 QBs in at the same time! Who has the ball? Raiders FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
      I think Quinn could learn a lot behind Favre the remainder of the season. Quinn for TJack strait up. :D
      Brilliant! lol

No really, I hope for Bradys sake he gets out of Clevland asap.

How Mangini is still coaching an NFL team is beyond me.

Comment

How does Brady have more trade buzz than Leinart, the world's most forgotten man?

Comment

He'll be traded for a 6th Round Pick and a former Jets player.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
            brett favre and a 6th round pick...

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
              How does Brady have more trade buzz than Leinart, the world's most forgotten man?
              I think that the coaching staff in Arizona still has faith in Leinart. Obviously or they would have released him a long time ago since they have Warner.

sig by fenikz
              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
              You are just a terrible person.
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                No it's not just because of his Raiders performance. He still has a very good arm and if you put a real line in front of him he can do a very good job. The Giants coaching staff pretty much built him back up from scratch where he could start for a team.
                Did you forget his play in Carolina in 2007, it's not like he was lacking in a supporting cast even then with Steve Smith, DeAngelo Williams, even then the Panthers didn't have a terrible offensive line.

He held on to the ball too long, failed to look past the checkdown line and in general melted under anything other than a non-existent pass rush.

The guy should never get another starting gig.

To continue the homer theme, Carolina I would have thought may have been a possibility.

Back in time when Quinn was coming out, Fox reportedly contacted Charlie Weiss (whom he is very close with) and had a discussion (or so the rumor goes) about his potential and had he been there at 25 the Panthers wouldn't have necessarily gone with Jon Beason (keep in mind this is before Dan Morgan retired from football).

That is to say, the Panthers may have drafted quinn in 2007 had Cleveland not traded to in front of Carolina to select him. Add to the fact that Rip Scherer now is in Carolina who was Quinn's coach the last two years and is a QB developer, and Davidson being a former brown's coach and you can see a lot of influences there, but then again there's almost no ammunition I could see the Panthers parting with since the 49ers already have the Panthers first round pick and god only knows how much leway Hurney has at the moment considering the 1-3 start
                Last edited by BlindSite; 10-14-2009, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                  what recovery? dude is a career back-up at best.
                  Well let's see what he can do when he isn't getting tossed around the place with a horrible OL. I think he still has game left in him. He just needs to go to a place where he isn't going to get owned like he was in Houston.

Comment

well sure, but i hardly think jamarcus russell is a good comparison.
                    I refuse to think of Russel as an NFL QB right now so I wasn't even thinking of him.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                      Sounds about right. IMO, Quinn just doesn't have it and never will. He's been in the league for awhile now and 2 HC's and 2 OC's have turned thumbs down on him. just because he was a former 1st rounder doesn't mean he will suddenly be good. He's a flop who will be out of the league in a year or 2.
                      And proud of it!!!

Comment

David Carr made his OL look a lot worse than it was, the same way good QBs make their OL look a lot better. If the Raiders make a move for Quinn, they'll simply be going from one 2007 draft bust to another. Quinn sucks. He doesn't have it and he never will have it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                          Sounds about right. IMO, Quinn just doesn't have it and never will. He's been in the league for awhile now and 2 HC's and 2 OC's have turned thumbs down on him. just because he was a former 1st rounder doesn't mean he will suddenly be good. He's a flop who will be out of the league in a year or 2.
                          K seriously this is the 3rd time this week someone has beaten me to the punch of saying the exact same thing. lol.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            I was going to use Kerry Collins as an example but Collins had a lot more success before his meltdown. Don't forget Carr had a pretty good half last year in Week 17 also when the Vikings needed a win. I know it's a small sample size but he's just as good now as some other QB's that are playing.
                            And Jamarcus Russell had two very good games when Tampa Bay and Denver needs wins last year. What's your point? If that actually meant something, that Raiders would be 4-1 now and jockeying with the Broncos for 1st place.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

I never thought Quinn got a fair shot in Cleveland...and I don't think he ever will get a fair shot. Starting over is Quinn's best chance at success. And, it'll be good for Cleveland to clear up the muddled QB picture.

Also, I really thought the Browns and the Browns fans gave up on Tim Couch too quickly. something to be careful of. If they're gonna keep investing money and draft picks into young QBs, they need to develop them correctly. I believe a young QBs success is based about 30% on his talent and 70% on the situation he's in. The Browns haven't had a successful QB since they re-joined the league. Maybe it's time to stop blaming the QBs....

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                                And Jamarcus Russell had two very good games when Tampa Bay and Denver needs wins last year. What's your point? If that actually meant something, that Raiders would be 4-1 now and jockeying with the Broncos for 1st place.
                                No I was just pointing out the fact that when Carr has been in games the last 2 years he's looked good. Like I said it's a limited sample size but it's better than him looking bad in these games.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information