Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
    Childress/Viks working on contract extention

Wow. I know the Viks fans here will not be happy with this. Fire away boys.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I guess the vikings don't feel like being a good late game team.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
        I guess the vikings don't feel like being a good late game team.
        I'm not a Childress ball washer by any means, but he has consistently improved this team since the day he got there. He has brought in quality players and improved the win loss record every year. He has also won 13 of the last 16 games. I still think he's a douche but he's earned an extension by doing his job.

Comment

• Childress being extended is no shock at all, the Vikes look great and have been building to great for a while now. They probably need to invest a premium pick in DT and QB (Pat and Brett) pretty soon, but overall they look very nicely set up for a while.

Comment

• Word is Crabtree may start for the 49ers on Sunday. People were calling him a bust before he even walked on the field and some others said he'd be the third best WR in next years draft. That's BS. Crabtree can flatout ball. He has it all I still believe he's going to be a big time player in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
              Word is Crabtree may start for the 49ers on Sunday. People were calling him a bust before he even walked on the field and some others said he'd be the third best WR in next years draft. That's BS. Crabtree can flatout ball. He has it all I still believe he's going to be a big time player in the NFL.
              Its hard to say I would not be shocked either way there have been so many stud college WR's do nothing in the NFL not saying he will fail just saying.

Comment

I can't think of a better time for this to come up than after one of the worst 4th quarter coaching performances of all time.

Comment

• The only bright spots I could take out of that SD game is that we actually held a team to less than 100 yards rushing. I'm hoping we can build on that somehow. Likewise, our running game seemed to have gotten slightly better, though not that much.

The other thing that I can maybe take comfort in (maybe) is that one of our strength, which is special teams, was one of the key things that let us down
                  that game. It's something that's fixable.

Now for the bigger issues that aren't so easily fixable. The main problem being that we're blitzing, but still can't get any pressure. Either we're not disguising the blitz very well (which may very well be the case), or our players aren't very good at blitzing (which also may be the case).

On the opposite spectrum, we're having problems dealing with pressure, specifically the blitz pick. Of course, some of it may be Rivers holding on to the ball too long, or the type of play calling that leads to pass plays that are too long to develop. I think we may require a more WC type offense with quicker throws and shorter passes to beat the pass rush now.

Edit: I was wrong, we didn't held them to less than 100 yards. It was just over that with 101 yards. Somehow good by our terms with the way teams have been rushing on us.
                  Last edited by Xenos; 10-20-2009, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• **** BRAD CHILDRESS. **** HIS BEARD. **** HIS SMUG ASS. I really wish Troy Williamson fought him on the 50 yard line like he wanted to, Williamson would've dropped him like every pass that has ever been thrown to him in his entire life.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information