Week 6 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 6 Discussion Thread

I am very, very intrigued to watch the Ravens and Vikings play. That game is going to be a defensive battle all day. The Monday night game is going to be good as well.

I cannot wait for Denver vs San Diego.

Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

The Ravens' defense isn't their forte anymore, in my opinion. Yeah, they are still have a good defense, but Cam Cameron and Flacco, along with strong running by Rice and McGahee, have transformed the Ravens into more of an offensive team in my opinion. Their run defense has always been good, and always will be with Ngata's awesomeness, but their pass defense has had question marks all over it since last year. Favre has had success feeding off of the extra defenders committed to stopping Peterson and might have a big day again. However, I am hoping that the Ravens can finally expose MIN's defense to not be so god-like and dominant; they are enjoying a ton of their success playing terrible offenses or offensive lines. BAL O vs MIN D will be a good measuring stick for both units; has Flacco and the offense arrived or is this MIN D really an reincarnation of the Purple People Eaters?

How does everyone feel about the SNF match up? Jay Cutler and the Bears travel to Atlanta to take on Ryan and the Falcons. It is a great match up of 2 young franchise QBs (but ryan > cutler) and teams that are just below the class of the NFC (5-0 Giants, 5-0 Saints). The Falcons offense exploded and showed its potential against a tough 49ers defense, but I wonder if it will carry through; getting Turner going, or having the defense respect him is the key for this offense. What worries me is how the Falcons defense handles Forte and Cutler. We played both of them last year and were able to contain Forte on the Bears, but Cutler had a fairly good day while opening up huge lanes for his running game. How is the Bears OL?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I hope so very very very much that my saints beat the giants. That and winning at home against the falcons and I cant see us missing out on the playoffs provided no teambreaking injuries happen

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
          I cannot wait for Denver vs San Diego.
          Me too. Win or lose isn't as important to me as just looking like they care.

2-3 this Charger team has shown time and again it can recover from. Not giving a damn=I swear I will root for losses the rest of the way if it means getting rid of Norv.

Comment

As much as I like the Saints, they haven't really beaten anyone that good except the McNabb-less Iggs. I'm feeling our O exposes their D, but that's probably just my inner homer. I'm terrified of Bush against our slow LBers with Boley out
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
              As much as I like the Saints, they haven't really beaten anyone that good except the McNabb-less Iggs. I'm feeling our O exposes their D, but that's probably just my inner homer. I'm terrified of Bush against our slow LBers with Boley out
              Just do a decent job on Brees, I'm up against someone this week who somehow has Peterson and Brees. Crappy WRs at least.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                To be fair the giants havent beaten anybody either, although I really appreciated that the giants were so kind as to spoil jerry jones' big party in honour of himself and his compensation size screen

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                - Corner or Wideout in the first
                - No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Like 10 posts in, and no mentions of the classic between the Rams and Jags. Holt playing his old team....

Comment

why do the vikings have three games in a row at home? thats weak. And are the bucs really planning to start freeman over johnson in the coming weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                      Like 10 posts in, and no mentions of the classic between the Rams and Jags. Holt playing his old team....
                      Not that exciting for an outsider :P

Comment

I'm happy to give my heart a break this weekend. The stress is building up.

Comment

Originally posted by locseti View Post
                          why do the vikings have three games in a row at home? thats weak. And are the bucs really planning to start freeman over johnson in the coming weeks?
                          They opened the season with 2 road games

Comment

Can't wait for the Vikes/Ravens game. My gut tells me we're going to get our first loss though. 5-1 still isn't a bad spot to be in.

We need to get consistent pass rush on Flacco, when we don't get a pass rush our CB's can be beat. Well, Cedric Griffin can be beat. Winfield is the man. Gaither has really started to step up though and is a great LT so if Jared Allen has a good week he's going to have to earn it.

Comment

Hopefully we see more Vick against the Raiders. Game should be over by the 3rd so Im excited to see if he still has it

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information