No announcement yet.

Gaines Adams traded to the Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a mind blowing trade for either side, the Bears get a player with a monstrous salary, doesn't get a consistent pass rush and is a HUGE liability against the run which will come back to bite them when they play the Vikings.

And the Bucs have basically said that Adams is a bust and they wasted a top 5 pick and the probably just lost their best defensive lineman which isn't saying much.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
      Well Gaines Adams has disappointed like I thought he would, but he still ended up better than Jamal Anderson, who I thought would be the player Tuck has become.
      I thought Anderson would be good too. Im disappointed in him.

For those that think Gaines Adams issues were bc he had no help on the dline, just watch him play. The guy's issues go far beyond help along that line. Theres a reason why he was almost benched this year.

I bet Tampa popped champagne bottles when they made the trade. Rod has a lot of work to do with this guy. For his sake, hopefully the trade energizes him and he tries to resurrect his career.

Comment

Yeah Jared Allen had the shittiest of D Line's ever and did something. Gaines has NO MOTOR. It doesn't seem he wants ot be out there. I don't care who the **** is on your team, if YOU don't try thats on you.
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Ummm what?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
            Not a mind blowing trade for either side, the Bears get a player with a monstrous salary, doesn't get a consistent pass rush and is a HUGE liability against the run which will come back to bite them when they play the Vikings.

And the Bucs have basically said that Adams is a bust and they wasted a top 5 pick and the probably just lost their best defensive lineman which isn't saying much.
            Gaines AdamsDefensive Lineman7/26/2007: Signed a six-year, $42 million contract. The deal includes $18.56 million guaranteed. Another $4 million is available through incentives. 2009: $900,000, 2010: $1.08 million, 2011: $1.1 million, 2012: $1.15 million, 2013: Free Agent

Man youre right.

Not sure how were gonna manage that big $1.15 mil come 2012....

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
              Yeah Jared Allen had the shittiest of D Line's ever and did something. Gaines has NO MOTOR. It doesn't seem he wants ot be out there. I don't care who the **** is on your team, if YOU don't try thats on you.
              in some cases, being the only true pass rusher on your dline actually inflates your stats bc no one is stealing sacks from you.

I just never saw it with Adams. What makes ppl think he has a higher ceiling than any 2nd round pass rusher that couldve been had in the draft?

Was it his blazing 4.8 speed? *sarcasm*

Was it his relentlessness against the run? *sarcasm*

Was it his sick arsenal of pass rush moves? *sarcasm*

Just looking back at this last draft for example and the 2nd round DEs that came out of it, I think Id take every single one of them over Adams.

Brown, Sintim, Barwin, Kruger. Id take all of them over Adams right now.

i had to throw in the sarcasms in case ppl actually thought he possessed all those traits.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                Gaines AdamsDefensive Lineman7/26/2007: Signed a six-year, $42 million contract. The deal includes $18.56 million guaranteed. Another $4 million is available through incentives. 2009: $900,000, 2010: $1.08 million, 2011: $1.1 million, 2012: $1.15 million, 2013: Free Agent

Man youre right.

Not sure how were gonna manage that big $1.15 mil come 2012....
                There is a lot of unaccounted for money there... Like 20 mil worth.

Comment

124 tackles 13.5 sacks 13 passes deffended 2 ints(1 td) 2 ff 1 fr since 07
                  Thats pretty damn good.

4th overall production, no. But hey, pretty solid out of a 2nd rounder.
                  I want a sig.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
                    124 tackles 13.5 sacks 13 passes deffended 2 ints(1 td) 2 ff 1 fr since 07
                    Thats pretty damn good.

4th overall production, no. But hey, pretty solid out of a 2nd rounder.
                    86 tackles
                    10 pd's is what I'm comming up with. It's OK for a 2nd rounder...that is not making 20 mil or so over the next 3-4 years.
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Point of discussion #1 should be just how much of HUUUUUUGE bust Gaines Adams just became for the Bucs.

4th overall and ahead of Adrian Peterson traded less than 3 years later for a 2nd rounder from a team that's actually competitive?

b.u.s.t. city

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        Point of discussion #1 should be just how much of HUUUUUUGE bust Gaines Adams just became for the Bucs.

4th overall and ahead of Adrian Peterson traded less than 3 years later for a 2nd rounder from a team that's actually competitive?

b.u.s.t. city
                        Why does everyone keep mentioning AP?

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                          Why does everyone keep mentioning AP?
                          I don't know, people mention Sam Bowie sometimes too.
                          Last edited by CC.SD; 10-16-2009, 10:42 PM.

Comment

b.u.s.t. city
                            I think Adams and Levi Brown are both examples of how sometimes drafting for need can bite you in the butt if the player in said need is a considerably lower grade than the BPA available to you at that position.

2 reaches that bit each team in the butt.

I always figured, if you have a top 10 pick, chances are you should go BPA anyway bc you have more than 1 need. Thats not always the case, but most of the time it is.

Comment

I don't know, people mention Sam Bowie sometimes too.
                              When the Viking win 6 championships then bring up AP.

Comment

b.u.s.t. city
                                Better than taking Mike Williams over Ware and Shawne Merriman and then trading him with Josh McCown for a 4th rounder two years later.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information