Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skins dealing down?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insid...26id%3d2792825

Pretty much the Texans are looking at Quinn, and if he's still on the board at 6, they have some worries that the Vikings that will take him.

Good move by the Redskins if it goes down. Small chance that Branch or maybe Anderson is there, but good chances on Carriker or Okoye.

Plus we should get at least a third for it :)

They obvisouly recognize that Carr is not going to be the future of this team and they want to get Quinn in to learn the system ASAP.

I saw this on Rotoworld. I could definitely see this happening. He has to make it past Cleveland first, however.

Comment

They might be able to get a better than market deal for the #6 pick. If the Skins know the Texans are moving up to grab Quinn specifically, that #6 pick is more valuable because QBs always hold a bit more weight.

Comment

They should just go down one pick and get an extra pick from MIN, going back 2 could cause them to lose Adams/Anderson/Branch

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

It would be great for both teams. Washington can pick up an extra pick or two and Houston can get a real franchise QB :)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

If the Redskins somehow get the Texans to make a deal, I'd look for them to shop the 8th pick and move on down some more. There will be solid defensive line value in the middle-latter portions of the first, relevant to the Skins needs.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
              They should just go down one pick and get an extra pick from MIN, going back 2 could cause them to lose Adams/Anderson/Branch
              Minnesota isn't going to move up 1 spot unless Calvin Johnson was sitting there at 6. They drafted T-Jack last season and he hasn't gotten a real shot so they won't move to get Quinn but will consider him if he falls to 7. If Washington moves down to 8 they risk missing out on the DL they may want like Anderson or Branch.

Comment

If this were true, which I see that it could be, this would be good for both teams. Houston needs a QB, and the Skins need draft picks.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Posting information from ESPN Insider is against board rules.

I could see this happening. Washington's main targets are Adams, Anderson, and Branch. If one of those three is gone by the #6 pick and Quinn is still around, it would be a smart move for both those teams. Minny would probably take Quinn if he is still around, so Houston trades up and takes Quinn. Minny takes one of the top DL prospects in the draft, then Washington takes the last one remaining.

Now we must ask ourselves: where will AD go?

Sig by rainbeaukid2
                  Originally posted by yodachu
                  Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

If QuinN falls the skins will be in the middle of a bidding war. It is going to take a lot to get that pick maybe even an entire 1st day of picks..

Comment

Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
                      If QuinN falls the skins will be in the middle of a bidding war. It is going to take a lot to get that pick maybe even an entire 1st day of picks..
                      Depends on who it is. If its the Texans or the Vikings that want him, thats only a 1-2 spot difference. Not that many other late teams need a QB. If a team is moving up maybe 5+ spots I'd say that could be a 1st and a 2nd rounder. But not all first day picks :P

Comment

It would be idiotic to trade up. We have far too many needs.

Comment

The Skins are looking for Dline in the first round .. no question about that. If they can get a solid D-line player and extra picks, I am all up for it.

Comment

I dont understand how this helps the Texans get Quinn?? The only team that might draft Quinn is the Browns, and that keeps the Texans from getting him still. maybe they think if Quinn falls, the Vikings will take him?

Comment

he has to make it pass detroit first.

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information