Week 6 Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
    And it'll just go to show that the media is completely clueless. Orton is 5-0 mostly do to the fact that Denver's defense has become one of the best in the league (he is also playing some pretty damn good football right now too). Chicago is 3-2 mainly because we have a QB that can put points on the board and escape a putrid OL.

If the media wants to blame Cutler if we fall short of the playoffs, that's cool. But anyone with any football knowledge should realize that the only reason we aren't 1-4 or 0-5 right now is because of our QB. 2 game winning drives in the 4th Quarter and 2 drives that have either taken the lead or tied up the game in the 4th Quarter.

This without a running game and a consistent pocket to throw out of. I saw some throws last night that Orton would never have been able to make. At the end of the day, he put our team in position to score 3 times in the 2nd Half, he executed one of those drives and his teammates ****** up the other 2. We're still only a third of the way through the season though and anything can happen.
    Yeah, i definitely sympathize. Its not fair, and theyll totally skew reality with the situation.

Dont let it frustrate you. Remember, its a marathon, not a sprint. Even if Cutler doesnt go to the playoffs this year, I highly doubt he'll continue his dry streak for much longer.

Comment

With a decent OL and at full strength (meaning Urlacher and Pisa healthy), this team is quite formidable. I think a lot of football fans fail to realize the importance of special teams, and that is an area where we are one of the leagues best (last night though we had some major **** ups in the 4th quarter).

We need to find consistency across the board. I don't believe any of our units are dominant (maybe ST's but it's hard to say that this phase can be "dominant"), but they all have potential to be good. Our problem right now is that we are losing the battle in the trenches. We didn't touch Ryan last night on defense and our OL has had a horrid start to the season. We have to address the lines, especially on offense. The DL has actually been pretty damn good so far IMO.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

we dont even need a decent OL. an average OL would suffice to make Forte and Cutler look better

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
          i don't get it. so you hit on 4 picks out of 10, with 2 in the first, 3rd and 5th? yippee?
          I'm more confused with the part about the Falcons being a "top flight team".

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I'm feeling good about the Saints, it's hard not to. However at the same time I realize they don't give Lombardi trophies after Week 6 of the regular season, and there is still a lot of football left to played. After all in 2002 under Haslett the Saints started 6-1 I believe and ended up to finish 9-7. So you really can't count your chickens before they hatch. Although I believe this is a different team with different coaches, that have the type of veteran leadership to avoid that kind of letdown. Although anything can happen in football.

Regarding Atlanta; I think they are dangerous. Turner/White/Gonzalez is a deadly trio that can hurt you Offensively... I feel Defensively that group is overachieving... I think there are some weaknesses in that Defense that the teams they have faced haven't really been able to truly take advantage of yet. Particularly their Corners in coverage.. but props to their coaching staff for getting it done.

just some general football observations..

Really a big part of a Quarterback's job is done before the snap... and what truly separates average QB's nowadays, from great ones is what they do at the Line of scrimmage. They have to be patient and work the snap count to see what looks the Defense is giving, (because rarely often Defenses stay in the same alignment from the moment they get lined up.. atleast the good ones don't). They have to identify where the possible blitzers might be coming from and adjust the protection accordingly, also they have to locate the Safeties to get an idea of what the coverage is going to be. Is it 2 deep? is one Safety coming up in the box? this way they can audible either to the run or pass to take advantage.. and get their teams out of a bad play call... I mean obviously you can make great pre-snap reads, and adjustments at the line but if you can't execute the throw after the snap it's all for nothing.... but really a huge part of a QBs job is done before they even hike the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              I have always liked Jay Cutler: sure he makes a lot of stupid decisions, at the end of the day though he makes a lot more plays that can win games. He is who he is, he would be Ben Roethlisberger if he was in the same situation.
              Yeah, he isn't perfect by any means, but as a Broncos fan I ALWAYS had faith that if the defense could at least keep it close, Jay would give us a chance to win the game at the end. And he almost always did. He did it last night too, but Pace ****** up. Based on how Pace just fell forward, it looked like a sneak, which, right after a spike would get them 3 shots at the endzone.

I still think Bears make the playoffs. Looking at it, I see:

Saints
              Giants
              Vikings
              Cardinals
              Falcons
              Bears

I think the only other teams with shots at making it are Philly, Dallas and SF, but if SF makes it, they're knocking AZ out and not Chicago.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

This just in:

The NFL has decided that no team shall go winless in 2009, so the Titans, Bucs and Rams have changed their schedules to play th Washington Redskins.

That is all.
                Originally posted by Benn-O,Aug 24 2009, 04:21 PM
                didn't you get kicked out of that club on 6th street cuz of your pants? oh right, you did.

bouncer was feeling your jnco's i guess.
                Originally posted by HERO,Aug 26 2009, 04:16 PM
                i prefer my women like i do my scotch....12 yrs old w/a splash of coke.

Comment

I think the wild-card race already looks exciting. The AFC spot is wide open and I wouldn't be surprised if a team like Houston, Miami or San Diego gets hot and makes it in over Cincinnati and Baltimore, who have tough schedules and might lose the battle of attrition.

As for the NFC here I agree with SABF. (acronym lol)

Comment

While I like Cutler more than I do Rodgers, I still have more trust in that packers team than the bears. I've got the eagles and falcons as my two playoff teams from the NFC, but if one of those two slips I think it'll be the packers, then the cowboys, then bears and then the 9ers, who step up into that spot.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                      While I like Cutler more than I do Rodgers, I still have more trust in that packers team than the bears. I've got the eagles and falcons as my two playoff teams from the NFC, but if one of those two slips I think it'll be the packers, then the cowboys, then bears and then the 9ers, who step up into that spot.
                      IMO the problem with the pack is their offensive line is ABYSMAL. I can't see them winning big games down the stretch with such a terrible terrible offensive line. It's the worst OL I've ever seen on a playoff contender.

Comment

But is the Bears' line much better?

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          Are you serious? After a game in week 6 you think you know the Super Bowl game? How'd that Giants/Titans Super Bowl go last year?
                          Wasn't a bad guess. I'm sure your guess wasn't any better Jugs.
                          http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                          For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

well even though our line is really horrible, i think we still have the 2nd best line, only by default

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              But is the Bears' line much better?
                              It's a little better, but with Cutler's elusiveness, it's much more effective.

A look at big performers against GB:

Julian Peterson 2.5 sacks.
                              Adewale Ogunleye 2.0 sacks.
                              Antwan Odom 5.0(!) sacks.
                              Jared Allen 4.5(!) sacks.
                              Leonard Little 2.0 sacks.

Someone has racked up at least 2 sacks in every single Packers game this season.

For the Bears
                              Cullen Jenkins and Brandon Chillar both had 1 sack week 1.
                              Week 2 2 other players had 1 sack each. Neither of them were Harrison or Woodley.
                              Week 3, yet again 2 players with 1 sack each.
                              Week 4, yet again 2 players with 1 sack each.
                              Week 6, 3 players in on the sack party, 1 player had 1 sack, 2 had 0.5.

So the Bears have allowed 2 sacks per game, total. Packers have yielded at least 2 sacks by one player in every single game. Allowing those kinds of sacks just kills offenses, and I don't think they can keep beating teams with that happening. Jay had the worst game of his career week 1 and the Bears still almost pulled it out. The Packers other 2 wins? Rams and Lions.

Comment

2 things: I loved Decoud in the draft, glad to hear he's playing well.

and to answer your question, how many saw Raymell baby being THIS good?
                                the answer: Me. and giantsfan1080. and BBD <3 and me.
                                Last edited by scottyboy; 10-19-2009, 04:37 PM.
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information