Browns trade RB Reuben Droughns to NY Giants for WR Tim Carter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lod01 View Post
    LMAO. How so for the Browns? They got LESS that nothing. I didn't think you get get LESS than nothing in a trade but Cleveland pulled it off.
    haha yea trust me as a giants fan- tim carter is the worst player in the league- he cant catch for SH1T and constantly has penalty flags- he drops balls even when he is wide open
    for thr value the giants got the better end of this deal by far

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

also can u give us a link? im starting to think this is not real

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Droughns makes basically nothing too. Which is good. If he was cut and signed he would have probably gotten more money because he would have wanted a signing bonus and this market is ridiculous. Right now he is schedule to make:

2007: $1.25 million (+ $1.75 million roster bonus), 2008: $1.75 million, 2009: $2.75 million

Not sure if we have to pick up that roster bonus or not.

Comment

Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
          also can u give us a link? im starting to think this is not real
          It broke on Sirius NFL Radio literally like 15 minutes ago. If I find a link I'll post it, but unless someone tapped into my satellite feed and is doing one hell of an impression of Adam Schein and Solomon Wilcots, then I'm hearing the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
            This doesn't help the Giants significantly, but Tim Carter was atrocious and the Giants definitely got the better end.
            No it doesnt but we save our picks, give him a new place to play with a better oline, so he can do some stuff with that. Plus as a RB he probably will caught more balls than Carter ever did, HAHA.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
              No it doesnt but we save our picks, give him a new place to play with a better oline, so he can do some stuff with that. Plus as a RB he probably will caught more balls than Carter ever did, HAHA.
              i still think we draft a HB in day 2 like a brandon jackson but this helps out the giants tremendously- this would guarentee we dont pick a HB 1st round and ANYONE is better than tim carter

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

http://mvn.com/nfl-giants/

Comment

Great deal for the Giants.

Not because Droughns is anything special, but because Carter is not worth more than a blade of grass.
                  Originally posted by Paul
                  Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                  Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                  These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
                    i still think we draft a HB in day 2 like a brandon jackson but this helps out the giants tremendously- this would guarentee we dont pick a HB 1st round and ANYONE is better than tim carter

Yeah day 2, perhaps even we can sign a bunch of undrafted FAs and let them fight for a 3rd spot. Now our balls arent cramped because Jacobs gets the most, than Droughns, so it makes the last spot irrelevant really, unless someone goes down. But I would use that pick on a defensive player, and fill the 3rd RB spot with an undrafted guy. Unless we get GB's luck where alot of RBs went down, i think we are set now.

Comment

Tim Carter is still in the NFL?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Now that there is some confirmation, I can say that even though this trade favors the Giants, it is not by much. They could have waited a week or two (Whenever Droughns was going to be released) and still kept their WR. I know he is horrible, but if the Giants have a lot of injuries at WR this year, they are going to wish they had one more.
                        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

carter is a bum we can sign Vince Papale to replace him.

Comment

Droughns is being interviewed on Sirius as we speak, for those that still doubt.

Comment

the browns have to be the biggest idiots on the face of the earth

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                                Now that there is some confirmation, I can say that even though this trade favors the Giants, it is not by much. They could have waited a week or two (Whenever Droughns was going to be released) and still kept their WR. I know he is horrible, but if the Giants have a lot of injuries at WR this year, they are going to wish they had one more.
                                yes the giants could hav waited but then they would have had to pay him a signing bonus and b.c of the contracts hb r gettin this offseason had to pay him a lot more than they will b now
                                the giants were most likely goin to release carter anyway so it worked out def better than them

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information