No announcement yet.

Browns trade RB Reuben Droughns to NY Giants for WR Tim Carter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stats don't tell the whole story. Rhodes is more versitile. He can play on special teams. He can catch the ball out of the backfield. He can pass block.

Reuben can run straight forward into things. Don't you already have that in Jacobs?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Big bruisers make sense in old Gilbride offense, spread the field with recievers and then have a big RB pound it inside, what he did with the Oilers as well if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        Stats don't tell the whole story. Rhodes is more versitile. He can play on special teams. He can catch the ball out of the backfield. He can pass block.

Reuben can run straight forward into things. Don't you already have that in Jacobs?
        Since when can't Droughns block? We also don't need special teamers. We have plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
          Wow, what a horrible trade for the Browns.

The Giants are still gonna suck though, so it doesn't matter.
          Are you insane? We were about to release him, how is that a HORRIBLE trade?

Comment

Droughns has better hands than Rhodes.

Droughns is a better pass blocker than Rhodes.

Droughns is a better special teamer than Rhodes.

If you disagree with thos statements please give me a counter argument with some back to it other than calling me a homer.

I like Rhodes running style to go along with Jacobs much more and I even would have liked to see him in here for the contract the Raiders gave him, but by no means is this a bad deal for the Giants. And if Gilbride implements the power, straight ahead run game that I think he will, Droughns makes even more sense.
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
              Are you insane? We were about to release him, how is that a HORRIBLE trade?
              When was his roster bonus due? That is the main problem. If the roster bonus wasn't there I think the Browns would have held onto him until after the draft. To at least see how that pans ou t.

Comment

Kind of a strange trade, but gives the G-Men a solid backfield duo
                Last edited by Caddy; 03-09-2007, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BehrenMan007 View Post
                  giants definetley win.... since j-lew only signed a 1 yr deal, AD has to be the pick for cleve
                  PLEASE someone answer this....Why do people call Adrian Peterson AD? Shouldn't they call him AP????

Comment

ADrian Peterson

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                      Droughns has better hands than Rhodes.

Droughns is a better pass blocker than Rhodes.

Droughns is a better special teamer than Rhodes.

If you disagree with thos statements please give me a counter argument with some back to it other than calling me a homer.
                      I don't need a counter argument. They are very very wrong. Again, stats do not tell the whole story.
                      Last edited by bearsfan_51; 03-09-2007, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Rotoworld.com

Reuben Droughns-RB-Giants Mar. 9 - 6:03 pm et

Reuben Droughns' contract was restructured after coming to New York.
                        Specifics aren't given, but Droughns is not expected to see all, if any, of his originilly scheduled roster bonus. He had been due salaries of $1.25 million (2007), $1.75 million (2008), and $2.75 million (2009).
                        Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Comment

I don't need a counter argument. They are very very wrong. Has Rueben ever even played special teams?
                          I think that point is irrelevant. Giants have enough guys who contribute on, and some time only on, special teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            When was his roster bonus due? That is the main problem. If the roster bonus wasn't there I think the Browns would have held onto him until after the draft. To at least see how that pans ou t.
                            I believe the roster bonus was due next Wednesday, or two Wednesdays from now. Either way, it was, from what I remember, in the near future.

Comment

No great shakes as both were likely to be cut. At least now both teams will have a chance to get some kind of value for someone they were going to cut anyway. I imagine Droughns has a better chance of sticking than Carter. Droughns doesn't seem like the best compliment to Jacobs, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                                Exactly.

Rhodes matched Droughns stats but he had slightly better players around him, right?
                                Droughns was also an actual featured RB for the 2 years he was in Cleveland while Rhodes never got a fair shake, having to share the majority of carries with Edge and eventually Addai.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information