No announcement yet.

Browns trade RB Reuben Droughns to NY Giants for WR Tim Carter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How in the world is thread getting so long.

Droughns is trash, Carter worse trash and i doubt either will be on their new team by the time the O8 draft rolls around.

The Giants act like they got something, albeit better than the Browns end of the deal, but that is merely relative as neither player really has any business being on the field for any extended amount of time.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

• Droughns has some baggage as well, he was involved in a domestic violence case, a drunken driving case... So don't act like you are getting a steal here, Reuben is a decent player, I liked him here, but he isn't a 1,200 yard back anymore...

Tim Carter on the other hand sounds horrible lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
        Brandon Jacobs/RB/Southern Illinois.

6'4
        262lbs.
        4.44 -40yd

i guess thats slow

1.69 - 10yd
        4.49 - SS
        7.54 - 3-Cone

Yeah, that is slow.

Comment

• Both of these players will have no impact on their team's performance. This player trade is equal to this draft trade:

Giants trade 2 7th rounders and recieve a late 6th rounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
            Both of these players will have no impact on their team's performance. This player trade is equal to this draft trade:

Giants trade 2 7th rounders and recieve a late 6th rounder.
            In 2005 Droughns had basically exactly the same amount of production as Thomas Jones did this past year. I find it hard to believe he fell that far off the map in one year. Either way he will be the second back in a 2 back attack. Jacobs will get more carries.

Comment

• I never seen so many people get so excited over a 28 year old RB who is coming off a year with under 4.0 TPC, was on the verge of getting release, and is nothing more than a backup at this stage of his career.

Comment

• Browns got a bad deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                  I never seen so many people get so excited over a 28 year old RB who is coming off a year with under 4.0 TPC, was on the verge of getting release, and is nothing more than a backup at this stage of his career.

Noone is overly excited about Droughns, but getting him at a cheap price for arguably the worst football player on the Giants made this a good deal.
                  Originally posted by Paul
                  Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                  Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                  These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

I never seen so many people get so excited over a 28 year old RB who is coming off a year with under 4.0 TPC, was on the verge of getting release, and is nothing more than a backup at this stage of his career.

Maybe because what the Giants needed was a veteran back up?

Comment

Its not getting Droughns, its cutting loose the baggage. Droughns might only be the 2-3rd back, but he'll probably contribute more to the team then Carter would have. By getting him, Giants can wait until later and use a lower draft pick on a back, let Droughns, Ward, Cedric Humes, and whoever fight it out for the 3-4 spots. Backup rbs contribute whether on the field or in the locker room by mentoring the young backs
                      Then replace Carter with someone else, anyone. My7 y/o son caught 20 passes in pal football.......

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information