Browns trade RB Reuben Droughns to NY Giants for WR Tim Carter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browns trade RB Reuben Droughns to NY Giants for WR Tim Carter

Being reported by Adam Caplan via Sirius NFL Radio right now.

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
    Being reported by Adam Caplan via Sirius NFL Radio right now.
    Nooo.... I wanted them to waste their picks/time trading for Tatum Bell out of Detroit!

Comment

jerry reese made a move. a good one too.

Comment

Awesome!

Tim Carter is a horrible WR. we definitly got the better of this one

Comment

Bleh ... sort of eh, whatever. Droughns was on the way out anyways, so the Browns getting something was better than cutting him. Tim Carter isn't much anyways, so it's not as if the Giants really lose. Sinorice Moss was going to take a bigger role next year anyways. I don't think Droughns addresses their RB need, although it may allow them to pass on making a move for a veteran RB, and wait to draft a RB a bit later, perhaps in day 2, instead. I'm not sure where Carter fits in for the Browns, but they got something instead of cutting Droughns, so that's a plus, I guess.

Comment

Wow, what a horrible trade for the Browns.

The Giants are still gonna suck though, so it doesn't matter.

Comment

Good move by both teams!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

confirmed??

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                  Awesome!

Tim Carter is a horrible WR. we definitly got the better of this one

They were going to cut him if they couldn't trade him anyhow.

This is like when the Jets traded Sam Cowart for a 7th rounder. His value was higher, but everyone knew he was going to be cut if he wasn't traded for.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Droughns. But Carter is garbage. And that was when he is on the field, which is basically never. We traded our crap for slightly better smelling crap in my opinion.

Comment

LMAO. Tim Carter....unreal. Is there a worse WR they could find on the planet?

It would have been better for the Browns to trade Droughns for air. At least that way they wouldn't have to pay for nothing. How can a team have such incompetant management? Oh yeah, they are consistently drafting top 10. I guess it's possible.

Tim Carter...BRAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!

Comment

This doesn't help the Giants significantly, but Tim Carter was atrocious and the Giants definitely got the better end.

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                          Good move by both teams!!!
                          LMAO. How so for the Browns? They got LESS that nothing. I didn't think you get get LESS than nothing in a trade but Cleveland pulled it off.

Comment

The thing is, they were going to cut Droughns if they couldn't get a deal, so getting something is better than cutting Droughns and having to eat the money. That said, Carter is bleh. Albeit, with Northcutt gone, Carter might be able to be the 4th receiver, but personally, I'd go with Travis Wilson and Joshua Cribbs and let those guys develop.

Comment

Wow, interesting trade. The Browns were supposed to cut Droughns and I guess the Giants wanted to make sure that they were going to get him. However, I would not be suprised if Carter does not make the Browns team, so they could get nothing out of this trade.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information