• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Shanahan Turned Down Redskins Coaching Job

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/19/s...-coaching-job/

LOL what a poorly run franchise
    RIP Sean Michael Taylor

If I'm an available coach of Shanahan's stature then I would turn it down too. What established coach would want to take control of a team that is in the middle of a horrible season.

That team looks out of sync and unprepared week in and week out.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Strike 1!

Cowher next up then.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Shanahan to the Cowboys in 2010. Mark it down.

Comment

Maybe he just wants to wait until next year
          RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Good move on his part. If he came in mid-season the locker room would resent and reject him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              Good move on his part. If he came in mid-season the locker room would resent and reject him.

I'd be really surprised if they didn't resent Jim Zorn right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                  Cowher next up then.
                  Don't get me wrong I like Cowher I really do but to me it seems the longer he is out of football the more overrated he gets.

Comment

Why would he accept mid-season? If he waits until the off-season at least 6 teams will need head coaches and then Shanahan can drive up a bidding war between Snyder and Jones. Its called, leverage.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                      Shanahan to the Cowboys in 2010. Mark it down.
                      That's what I'm thinking as well.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

I don't see why Shanahan would want the Redskins job anyways, he'll want full control over the team and to be the GM as well probably, or at least a lot more say than he'll get in a team run by Dan Snyder. Cowher seems to want the same thing with a lot of control over personnel moves so he could pass the Redskins up as well. Cowher will probably be in Carolina if they keep playing poor football and Fox gets fired based on the fact that... well... that its in Carolina lol. If Andy Reid decides to take a break from Football I think that could be a decent landing point for Shanny or Gruden.

Bills, Panthers, Redskins, Cowboys, Raiders, Jags?, Titans??, those are the coaching changes that are most possible/likely/inevitable I think. There could be someone who step down though like Reid maybe due to family problems, etc. A bunch of big name possibilities available now though with Cowher, Shanny, Gruden, Billick, and some decent college guys like Ferentz who I think could be a really solid coach. Still think he would have been a better choice for the Chiefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                          A bunch of big name possibilities available now though with Cowher, Shanny, Gruden, Billick, and some decent college guys like Ferentz who I think could be a really solid coach. Still think he would have been a better choice for the Chiefs.
                          A few teams should really give Marty Schottenheimer consideration. He won't come with a big price tag like Shanahan or Cowher, but there aren't very many head-coaches out there who are better at program building.

Of course, it's a given that you'll have to can him after a few years when he can't push the team from "good" to "great". But that's when you hire a young talent like Ferentz.

Comment

I think Shanahan is hands down the best available coach out there. That being said, I think its smart that he turned it down. It would have been a bad situation plus Shanahan is going to want to come in and do things his way and I don't know if Snyder role in the draft/FA would go along well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                              I don't see why Shanahan would want the Redskins job anyways, he'll want full control over the team and to be the GM as well probably, or at least a lot more say than he'll get in a team run by Dan Snyder. Cowher seems to want the same thing with a lot of control over personnel moves so he could pass the Redskins up as well. Cowher will probably be in Carolina if they keep playing poor football and Fox gets fired based on the fact that... well... that its in Carolina lol. If Andy Reid decides to take a break from Football I think that could be a decent landing point for Shanny or Gruden.

Bills, Panthers, Redskins, Cowboys, Raiders, Jags?, Titans??, those are the coaching changes that are most possible/likely/inevitable I think. There could be someone who step down though like Reid maybe due to family problems, etc. A bunch of big name possibilities available now though with Cowher, Shanny, Gruden, Billick, and some decent college guys like Ferentz who I think could be a really solid coach. Still think he would have been a better choice for the Chiefs.

Im pretty sure Dan knows that shanahan is going to want full control so the fact that he is targeting him is tellin me he will give it to him
                              RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information