• Show
Clear All

Cowher to Jags 2010 kthxbai

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
      I don't see why Shanahan would want the Redskins job anyways, he'll want full control over the team and to be the GM as well probably, or at least a lot more say than he'll get in a team run by Dan Snyder. Cowher seems to want the same thing with a lot of control over personnel moves so he could pass the Redskins up as well. Cowher will probably be in Carolina if they keep playing poor football and Fox gets fired based on the fact that... well... that its in Carolina lol. If Andy Reid decides to take a break from Football I think that could be a decent landing point for Shanny or Gruden.

Bills, Panthers, Redskins, Cowboys, Raiders, Jags?, Titans??, those are the coaching changes that are most possible/likely/inevitable I think. There could be someone who step down though like Reid maybe due to family problems, etc. A bunch of big name possibilities available now though with Cowher, Shanny, Gruden, Billick, and some decent college guys like Ferentz who I think could be a really solid coach. Still think he would have been a better choice for the Chiefs.
      I want no part of Shanahan on the Titans. Or Cowher imo. It will be a big head coaching turnover this season with these two, plus Holmgren plus the outside shots of Marty Schottenheimer and Jon Gruden and maybe just maybe Tony Dungy (who I would absolutely love to get).

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
        Shanahan to the Cowboys in 2010. Mark it down.
        I can see it, though I think Holmgren will get some consideration as well.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          I can see it, though I think Holmgren will get some consideration as well.
          I'd prefer to go with Shannahan, or even Gruden, as long as we're not giving them GM duties as well. Shanny proved time and time again in Denver that he isn't a very good evaluator of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            I'd prefer to go with Shannahan, or even Gruden, as long as we're not giving them GM duties as well. Shanny proved time and time again in Denver that he isn't a very good evaluator of talent.
            2008:

Ryan Clady
            Eddie Royal

2006:

Jay Cutler
            Tony Scheffler
            Brandon Marshall
            Elvis Dumervil

He had his moments.

Comment

Mike Shanahan is a tremendous coach, and any team that gets him is lucky, especially if they have a young QB. Things just weren't working out in Denver with him, I was really sad to see him go but it was best for both parties.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                That's what I'm thinking as well.
                Not going to happen. Jerry Jones isnt going to hand over GM duties and that is what he'll want. Enjoy Jason Garrett, Dallas fans.

Cowher might as well be a lock for Carolina, if they fire Fox.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  2008:

Ryan Clady
                  Eddie Royal

2006:

Jay Cutler
                  Tony Scheffler
                  Brandon Marshall
                  Elvis Dumervil

He had his moments.
                  Most of them are on the offense though. If you looked at all the offensive player he drafted and compare them to the defensive players, well, lets just say if they ever played each other the Pats/Titans game this weekend would look close in comparison (no disrespect to Elvis Dumervil intended).

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    Not going to happen. Jerry Jones isnt going to hand over GM duties and that is what he'll want. Enjoy Jason Garrett, Dallas fans.

Cowher might as well be a lock for Carolina, if they fire Fox.
                    I've heard the Cowher link a bunch of times, and the big cat would likely bust a nut to keep him. I'd like to keep Hurney around though.

Comment

2008:

Ryan Clady
                      Eddie Royal

2006:

Jay Cutler
                      Tony Scheffler
                      Brandon Marshall
                      Elvis Dumervil

He had his moments.
                      He did have his moments, but like 99-05 and 07 were all aweful. 2006 was such a phenominal draft that it kind of made up for the 10 years of crap. The only players of mention were DJ and Clinton Portis. Everything else was pretty terrible.

Jarvis Moss is one of the worst picks ever, makes me sad.

Still love me some shanny though.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                      Originally posted by Job
                      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                        I've heard the Cowher link a bunch of times, and the big cat would likely bust a nut to keep him. I'd like to keep Hurney around though.
                        Cowher to Carolina makes too much sense. And, for the sake of the franchise, it'd likely be a great idea.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

2008:

Ryan Clady
                          Eddie Royal

2006:

Jay Cutler
                          Tony Scheffler
                          Brandon Marshall
                          Elvis Dumervil

He had his moments.
                          Jarvis Moss, Marcus Thomas, Tim Crowder (:(), Darrent Williams, Karl Paymah, Dominque Foxworth, Maurice Clarett??

Or trading for the Browns defensive line?

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                            Jarvis Moss, Marcus Thomas, Tim Crowder (:(), Darrent Williams, Karl Paymah, Dominque Foxworth, Maurice Clarett??

Or trading for the Browns defensive line?
                            Was playing well until he was shot...I don't think that counts as a failure.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                            Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                            i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                            Originally posted by Job
                            NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

I forgot where I read it, but whereever Shanny gets hired, he's going to hire Bob Slowik as his defensive coordinator.

Slowik was the defensive coordinator of the 2008 Denver Broncos (also 2007 but Jim Bates was running the defense).

LOL
                              Last edited by Geo; 10-20-2009, 12:38 AM.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                                I forgot where I read it, but whereever Shanny gets hired, he's going to hire Bob Slowik as his defensive coordinator.
                                I can't believe that. It is painfully clear that Slowik has no ******* idea how to run a defense... which is a scary combination with Shanahan, who isn't exactly proficient at drafting defensive talent. As McD said back in September:

“The 4-3 really wasn’t here,” McDaniels said in his Monday press conference. “The way that they had played, the style and the guys, we just felt like it wasn’t like we had a solid 4-3 defensive scheme in terms of our personnel to fit that scheme. In other words, why take a year and (transition gradually) when it really wasn’t in place to begin with?”
                                http://broncotalk.net/2009/09/9500/b...iels-what-4-3/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information