No announcement yet.

Mike Shanahan Turned Down Redskins Coaching Job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think Shanahan will go to either the redskins or the cowboys. Shanahan likes to be in charge or the whole team including the personnel. Do you think synder or Jones would give up that right? Fat chance. These are the two owners who are the most involved with the teams. Its not Shanahan's style.

Comment

Originally posted by roidrunner View Post
      I dont think Shanahan will go to either the redskins or the cowboys. Shanahan likes to be in charge or the whole team including the personnel. Do you think synder or Jones would give up that right? Fat chance. These are the two owners who are the most involved with the teams. Its not Shanahan's style.
      You forgot Al Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
        Was playing well until he was shot...I don't think that counts as a failure.
        Yeah. Darrent was a little exposed in his last year, but he was at least on his way to being a solid cornerback in this league.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
          You forgot Al Davis.
          Been there, done that, fired that... (see 1988-1989)

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
            Yup.. I don't see an established coach like Shanny taking a job with a franchise like the redskins. At that stage in his life I highly doubt he wants to get told what to do by Vinny and Danny boy.

Comment

it's funny how many people still want to think shanahan is the guy from 98/99 when, over the last decade, he got substantially worse at picking up talent (we're not just talking about one draft, look at the worthless free agency additions [dre bly? marlon mccree? i could go on]), and he turned into a TERRIBLE gameday coach (if the scripted 15 plays didn't go well, the offense died. immediately). and that's not even getting into the fact that he couldn't coach his way out of a brown paper bag if you put the bag in the red zone.

could he get back to what made him successful with a fresh start? sure. absolutely. but it entertains me when he keeps getting brought up as if he's going to step in and save a bad franchise.
              I think that it was just being in Denver so long that, for some reason, made him forget how to coach(prolonged periods with a lack of oxygen?). So I'm thinking he returns to at least a good coach wherever he goes next. But then I heard he wants to bring Slowik... yeah, he's lost it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                Yup.. I don't see an established coach like Shanny taking a job with a franchise like the redskins. At that stage in his life I highly doubt he wants to get told what to do by Vinny and Danny boy.
                If we actually hire a good coach he wont be told what to do
                RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

I don't blame him he doesn't want to battle with Snyder over personal

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                  Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Why would any respected established coach want to come coach for the Redskins when they could have their pick of the litter basically?

If I was Shanahan/Cowher/Holmgren I would definetly say no to Snyder. The only way is if Snyder gives up personnel decisions/GM power to them...but I don't see him doing that.

Gruden may be crazy enough to do it though.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
                      I don't blame him he doesn't want to battle with Snyder over personal
                      What about battling with Jerry Jones over personnel?

Early Prediction Time!

Bill Cowher - Carolina Panthers - Wants to coach near home.
                      Bill Billick - Tennessee Titans - Knows how to handle a player like Vince Young.
                      John Gruden - Jacksonville Jaguars - Chic pick.
                      Mike Shanahan - San Diego Chargers - Payback time for Denver... and Al Davis for that matter.
                      Mike Holmgren - Washington Redskins - They have all Holmgren guys already there.
                      Jeff Fischer - Dallas Cowboys - Bling bling hire, and won't bug Jerry for control.
                      Jack Del Rio - Oakland Raiders - Has the character to withstand Al and goes back to his hometown state.

John Fox - Will take a break as a MNF Game Announcer. :p
                      Tom Cable - DC somewhere
                      Wade Phillips - DC somewhere
                      Norv Turner - OC somewhere
                      Jim Zorn - QB coach somewhere

Comment

Shanahan to the Cowboys in 2010. Mark it down.
                        Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        Not going to happen. Jerry Jones isnt going to hand over GM duties and that is what he'll want. Enjoy Jason Garrett, Dallas fans.

Cowher might as well be a lock for Carolina, if they fire Fox.
                        Can't blame Shanahan for doing that, Dan Snyder knows even less about the modern NFL game than Al Davis, & Shanahan used to work for him & left at midseason in a major contract dispute, remember? See nobody in particular's post above

All other available NFL HCs will take a spot in line behind Jeff Fisher if the Titans continue to tank & Bud Adams cans him. Jerry Jones will be johnny on the spot with the 1st offer for Fisher. Jason Garrett's abominable playcalling in pressure situations (i.e, red zone offense) this season have shown those who saw it that he isn't ready to handle a high pressure HC job in Dallas under Jerry's watchful eye yet.

Cowher should stay retired, he went out on top, his reputation could only go downhill from there if he takes a loser NFL team's top spot, so he has the clout to wait on a GM + HC offer from a team that has a chance in hell of winning. I don' t think he has any interest in turning a Rams or Tampa around.
                        Last edited by LizardState; 10-20-2009, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          What about battling with Jerry Jones over personnel?

Early Prediction Time!

Bill Cowher - Carolina Panthers - Wants to coach near home.
                          Bill Billick - Tennessee Titans - Knows how to handle a player like Vince Young.
                          John Gruden - Jacksonville Jaguars - Chic pick.
                          Mike Shanahan - San Diego Chargers - Payback time for Denver... and Al Davis for that matter.
                          Mike Holmgren - Washington Redskins - They have all Holmgren guys already there.
                          Jeff Fischer - Dallas Cowboys - Bling bling hire, and won't bug Jerry for control.
                          Jack Del Rio - Oakland Raiders - Has the character to withstand Al and goes back to his hometown state.

John Fox - Will take a break as a MNF Game Announcer. :p
                          Tom Cable - DC somewhere
                          Wade Phillips - DC somewhere
                          Norv Turner - OC somewhere
                          Jim Zorn - QB coach somewhere
                          No rookie head coach? I don't see that happening.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Washington Redskins coach Jim Zorn made it pretty clear this week that he was uncomfortable giving up his offensive play-calling duties. Because of that, Zorn nearly relinquished all of his duties, former Seattle Seahawks teammate Steve Largent said Wednesday.
                            Hall of Fame receiver Steve Largent told KJR AM's Mitch in the Morning Show in Seattle that his close friend considered quitting his job instead of handing play-calling responsibilities to recently hired consultant Sherman Lewis.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information