Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of head coaching candidates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Pete Carrol is always being mentioned as a possible NFL Head coaching candidate, but he'd be a terrible choice. His approach simply isn't strong enough to lead men, he's ok with young men and boys in College but he always has that air of "we'll do this together" in the wrong style players just don't respond to.

    Not necessarily his success or therefore lack of, but more his approach his why he failed in his first stint in the NFL.

    Comment


    • #17
      I want Billick to coach the Browns if we fire Mangini unless we could some how get Cowher. I would also love Gruden but he would keep both of our ****** quarterbacks and add like 2 more ****** quarterbacks and then keep the shittiest quarterbacks on the team.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
        He is more the cause of the revitalization of the niners defense then Singletary?
        No, but if you want to know why the defense went from **** to good when Nolan was fired, there isnt a better explanation than Manusky.

        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

        Comment


        • #19
          If I am looking for a Head Coach next season, Im looking no further then Jon Gruden. Have loved him his entire career, fiery guy, great scheme guy, gets a little heavy on the QB collecting but that could of just been Tampa...I thought he should of gotten offers this year, but going with lesser known guys is the hot thing to do in the NFL right now...I love Gruden.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

          Comment


          • #20
            An assistant who could get some looks is Was. sec. coach Jerry Gray. Has 34 and 43 experience and his squads generally play good and physical.

            I hate Brian Billick.

            Originally posted by borg9
            Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

            Comment


            • #21
              When Gruden finds a QB he can work with he's boner inducingly good, when he can't it's a bit of a shmozzle.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                For the Titans fans is it at all possible that Fischer gets fired if your season continues to spiral out of control like this? It might be a Shanahan type situation.
                Hell the replacing Jeff Fisher talk has already started. Unless they go on a run that takes them to 8-8 or something like that, he is probably gone.


                Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                Show me your Wang, if you will.

                Comment


                • #23
                  My prediction on some coaching changes next year....


                  Bill Cowher to the Carolina Panthers or Tennessee Titans
                  Mike Shanahan to the Dallas Cowboys or Houston Texans
                  John Gruden to the San Diego Chargers
                  Jeff Fisher to the Jacksonville Jaguars or Chicago Bears ( i could see him take a year or 2 off before taking another job)
                  Mike Holmgren wont coach
                  Tony Dungy wont coach


                  Teams who will change coaches
                  Jaguars
                  Titans
                  Bills
                  Panthers
                  Raiders
                  Redskins
                  Texans
                  Cowboys
                  Chargers
                  Bears
                  Last edited by Kurve; 10-20-2009, 02:33 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    For the Titans fans is it at all possible that Fischer gets fired if your season continues to spiral out of control like this? It might be a Shanahan type situation.
                    *Fisher ;)

                    It's certainly a possibility. No coach can go 0-6 and not expect to feel some pressure, but in my opinion, I don't think it's likely.

                    I don't blame any Titans fan who's upset with Fish, especially after a record-breaking loss, but the man has gone 31-23 and had 2 playoff births with Vince Young and Kerry Collins as his starting QB's.

                    How good would your team be over 3 seasons with one of those two guys leading your offense?

                    It'll be interesting to see what takes place over the next two weeks, that's for sure.
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                    [@TDWinstead]
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Kurve View Post
                      My prediction on some coaching changes next year....


                      Bill Cowher to the Carolina Panthers or Tennessee Titans
                      Mike Shanahan to the Dallas Cowboys or Houston Texans
                      John Gruden to the San Diego Chargers
                      Jeff Fisher to the Jacksonville Jaguars or Chicago Bears ( i could see him take a year or 2 off before taking another job)
                      Mike Holmgren wont coach
                      Tony Dungy wont coach


                      Teams who will change coaches
                      Jaguars
                      Titans
                      Bills
                      Panthers
                      Raiders
                      Redskins
                      Texans
                      Cowboys
                      Chargers
                      Bears
                      would be a good choice by the chargers imo. Gruden isnt good at building the core of a team but if the core pieces are in place he can build whats around it just fine.


                      Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        No, but if you want to know why the defense went from **** to good when Nolan was fired, there isnt a better explanation than Manusky.
                        I think Nolan was just holding the defense back with his schemes. Now they are playing out to their talent level.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                          This is a head coaching candidate thread, not offensive coordinator candidates.

                          There's no way anyone's offering Mike Martz a head coaching job.
                          Good comprehensive list, RoP.

                          And you're right about Martz, he is roundly hated by every front office who's hired him. The steaming pile of crap in St. Louis with a FOR SALE sign on it that was once the Rams franchise still has his fingerprints on it yrs later, & he screwed the pooch with Matt Millen in Detroit with his Martzball offense. And the mess in SF last yr was about 90% his fault, Martzball was a square peg in the round hole, even with his handpicked QB JT O'Sullivan brought with Martz from Detroit & whom they claimed "beat out" Hill & Smith for the starting job. JTOS was a local player (UCal-Davis) & a walking talking ball security liability, the pass rushers around the league all knew it & that he held the ball too long, they chopped his arm, stripped him, etc. for many, many turnovers. The 9ers defense was always defending a short field & gave up more points than ever, the offense was undermined & never had a chance as long as JTOS was at the helm.

                          Mike Nolan (DEN DC) - Flamed out miserably in San Francisco, so it might be too soon for him. Doing an amazing job in Denver with limited talent.
                          Nolan was the rest of it in 08 SF, he's a technician of defenses & personnel, not an administrator, just doesn't have the required type of personality to handle the media pressure during hard times & dealing with prickly owners. He threw former no. 1 overall pick Smith under the bus to save himself when he brought Smith back too soon from his shoulder injury, the media & fans sided with Smith & ate Nolan alive.

                          His upside is being shown now in Denver with their rebuilt defense. I as impressed watching them vs the Bolts Monday night. Note that for the 1st time in along time they can stop the run AND rush the passer. That Best Asst. Award s/b given to Nolan if awarded at this point. Singletary & Manusky of course deserve credit for rebuilding the 9ers defense & entire team, but Nolan put together the defensive building block with Pro Bowlers, drafting Willis & bringing in Clements via FA.

                          I've said this on other threads so I'll do it again here: if the Cowboys lose to the Raiders on Thanksgiving Day in front of the entire nation, Jerry Jones will can Phillips. If the Raiders bring their good luck pigeon with them to Dallas & he craps on Jerry's scoreboard, this will be guaranteed.
                          Last edited by LizardState; 10-20-2009, 09:59 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                            Good comprehensive list, RoP.

                            And you're right about Martz, he is roundly hated by every front office who's hired him. The steaming pile of crap in St. Louis with a FOR SALE sign on it that was once the Rams franchise still has his fingerprints on it yrs later, & he screwed the pooch with Matt Millen in Detroit with his Martzball offense. And the mess in SF last yr was about 90% his fault, Martzball was a square peg in the round hole, even with his handpicked QB JT O'Sullivan brought with Martz from Detroit & whom they claimed "beat out" Hill & Smith for the starting job. JTOS was a local player (UCal-Davis) & a walking talking ball security liability, the pass rushers around the league all knew it & that he held the ball too long, they chopped his arm, stripped him, etc. for many, many turnovers. The 9ers defense was always defending a short field & gave up more points than ever, the offense was undermined & never had a chance as long as JTOS was at the helm.
                            I don't know how on earth people put what happened in Detroit on Mike Martz. They went from a 6 win team to a 0 win team in the transition from Mike Martz to Jim Coletto. The Lions were the 7th ranked offense and the one of the top 5 teams in passing behind the worst line in the NFL. I don't see how that is screwing the pooch.

                            As for Martz's 2008 "travesty" lets not forget that in 2007 the 49ers were near dead last in many if not most offensive categories under Martz they went up to like low 20s.

                            So lets not act like he ever made a team worse by becoming the OC.
                            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


                            DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

                            Originally posted by njx9
                            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I wonder how the Steelers' offense would look if Russ Grimm had been hired? This thread made me think about that.


                              mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball


                              Originally posted by scottyboy
                              like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Kurve View Post
                                My prediction on some coaching changes next year....


                                Bill Cowher to the Carolina Panthers or Tennessee Titans
                                Mike Shanahan to the Dallas Cowboys or Houston Texans
                                John Gruden to the San Diego Chargers
                                Jeff Fisher to the Jacksonville Jaguars or Chicago Bears ( i could see him take a year or 2 off before taking another job)
                                Mike Holmgren wont coach
                                Tony Dungy wont coach


                                Teams who will change coaches
                                Jaguars
                                Titans
                                Bills
                                Panthers
                                Raiders
                                Redskins
                                Texans
                                Cowboys
                                Chargers
                                Bears
                                I could see Cowher going to Carolina, probably not Tennessee though. Carolina is a hometown for Cowher, so that makes sense. I agree that Fisher will take some time off most likely. Holmgren wants to come back from all indicators, and I don't think Gruden would be a fit in San Diego, really. I think Tom Cable should maybe get another year (who else are they going to get?) and if it was me I'd keep around Lovie Smith, John Fox, and maybe Wade Phillips and Norv Turner (if either wins a playoff game.)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information