NFL Running Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Running Games

What is going on with running games in the NFL this season? It seems like there are very few teams who are getting it done on the ground.

There have been a ton of guys who can't get their YPC over 4. Who do you guys think are some of the biggest disappointments?

Brandon Jacobs - 3.6
    Knowshon Moreno - 3.8
    Michael Turner - 3.5
    Kevin Smith - 3.2
    Ryan Grant - 3.8
    Larry Johnson - 2.7
    Matt Forte - 3.4
    Julius Jones - 3.9
    Steve Slaton - 3.0
    Jamal Lewis - 3.5
    Jerome Harrison - 3.7
    Joseph Addai - 3.4
    Willie Parker - 3.1
    Glen Coffee - 2.6

And the list goes on...

Some guys that stand out to me are Forte, Turner, and Jacobs. These guys were supposed to tear it up this year but they've been downright awful.

Whats a running game?

Signed,
    Chiefs fan

Comment

The fact that Brian Westbrook isn't on that list but the eagles still run as little as you do tells you all you need to know about the eagles running game.

Comment

Forte needs to break tackles 5 yards behind the LOS.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
          Forte needs to break tackles 5 yards behind the LOS.
          I haven't seen every Bears game but he doesn't look like the player he was last season despite how poorly their offensive line has played.

Comment

Rashard Mendenhall - 5.1 YPC

He's the Steelers Starter... not Parker.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Peterson has had his struggles this year. I blame our offensive line, with two new starters.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

The only guy I'm surprised is on that list is Jacobs.

What's the deal Giants fans? Small sample size or has he worn down some? Because it's to be expected that he'd slow down earlier than most RBs but even so, this is pretty damn early

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                  Peterson has had his struggles this year. I blame our offensive line, with two new starters.
                  But yet he's leading the NFL in rushing. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                    Are you kidding me? He's averaging 5.2 YPC. The only game he struggled was against Green Bay.

Only legitimate knock on Peterson I see is his inability to hold onto the football.

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                      The only guy I'm surprised is on that list is Jacobs.

What's the deal Giants fans? Small sample size or has he worn down some? Because it's to be expected that he'd slow down earlier than most RBs but even so, this is pretty damn early
                      he misses his fire of last year imo

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by S T R I N G View Post
                        I haven't seen every Bears game but he doesn't look like the player he was last season despite how poorly their offensive line has played.
                        AP (the good one) wouldn't be able to run the way our o-line has been. Like GoW said, Forte has to break tackles in the backfield just to eek out the 2 or 3 yards he does get.

And defenders are still stacking the box against him. Even in the losses, Cutler was moving the ball easily through the air before throwing picks in the redzone because the defenders are selling out to stop Forte.

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                          he misses his fire of last year imo
                          I think it is a little bit of that.

But also early this year I'm sure everyone's game plan was to stop Jacobs and let Eli try and beat them with the unproven WRs. Which he did. I thought Jacbos looked better in the Saints game, but we were down so much so fast that our run game was taken right out of the equation.

Comment

Teams early on were playing run to test our WRs out. Now they stopped it, but I always liked Bradshaw's skill set a lot more than Ward, Ware and Jacobs. He is really doing a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                              AP (the good one) wouldn't be able to run the way our o-line has been. Like GoW said, Forte has to break tackles in the backfield just to eek out the 2 or 3 yards he does get.

And defenders are still stacking the box against him. Even in the losses, Cutler was moving the ball easily through the air before throwing picks in the redzone because the defenders are selling out to stop Forte.
                              Interesting theory but I don't buy it.

Forte averaged 3.9 YPC last season. He's averaging 3.4 this season.

Look at his game logs:

Take out the game where he beat up on a pathetic Lions rushing defense and his YPC is in the 2s.

The guy hasn't proven he can be a consistent rushing threat whereas Cutler has proven he can move the ball through the air. So why exactly are teams stacking the box?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information