X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why is he no Favre?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
      But at the same time, if he never wins you a championship was he worth it?
      Yes, a thousand times yes. If Cutler has a great career and never wins the Superbowl, I still won't want those 1st round picks back. A lot of great Quaterbacks don't win Superbowls, so even granting that your flimsly argument has merit, I would still want him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
        why is he no Favre?
        Does someone honestly need to explain this to you? Jay Cutler is nothing compared to Brent in entering his prime, most quarterbacks aren't.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
          Does someone honestly need to explain this to you? Jay Cutler is nothing compared to Brent in entering his prime, most quarterbacks aren't.
          Brent's a cool guy, but I don't think I'd take him over Cutler.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          Originally posted by njx9
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
            Brent's a cool guy, but I don't think I'd take him over Cutler.
            In their prime? Child please.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

Comment

In their prime? Child please.
              Wait my bad, I thought you just made a typo. Then I saw you called him Brent in a previous post. So forget I said it lol. I was thinking it was a typo, and was talking about Brent the poster.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                Wait my bad, I thought you just made a typo. Then I saw you called him Brent in a previous post. So forget I said it lol. I was thinking it was a typo, and was talking about Brent the poster.
                I'd probably take Brent the poster too. ;)

But Brent comes from this group of T-shirts. I forget not everyone is familiar with the Packers.

they get smoked.

Comment

im not saying production wise, but playing style wise.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                    Sure you can say he is a watered-down version of Favre...and a full-strength version of Farve won one lombardi in a looooooooooong career. He's no Favre but prone to similar mistakes, which to me means unless he has a serious change in his play in the coming years, he will not win a championship.

Hey listen, its nice to have a guy with that kind of talent who can win you some games. But at the same time, if he never wins you a championship was he worth it? You can't really let him go cause the bears have been QB starved for so long they'll hold onto him forever. And they'll make the playoffs with him a good amount of times perhaps. But I don't think he is a championship QB.

Could he get hot in the playoffs one year and win it all? Its possible, but I think unlikely.
                    Favre has won as many Lombardi's as: Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, Steve Young, Trent Dilfer, and Brad Johnson. That's a 'bad' argument.

Hell, how many teams win multiple SB's in a career? You find it's the exception, not the norm. And, I don't think any Bears fan, or most fans in general, are looking for the QB to be the ANSWER to win multiple SB's. If so, that's a naive idea that's impossible to even predict and expect from a quarterback. I'd prefer a quarterback that gives us more winning seasons than losing seasons. One that can make plays as a QB in the playoffs.

I think your problem, shake, is that you're under the dying impression that this kid is wholly responsible for the inability of the previous denver broncos teams. That's not the case anymore.

And I don't think you have the insight to say 'hey, he's never going to be able to win the superbowl'... Because, look above, some of those quarterbacks are really good. Some are really... average. What do they all have in common? Talented teams and superior coaching. Are the Bears that team yet? No. Not yet... but is it possible during his career as a Bear that they become that. Definitely possible.

and TT, i'm sorry for bringing brent into it. I know he's a sore spot on you and all packers fans genitals. And yes, Cutler isn't Favre, he won't be Favre, and probably will never be Favre. He'll be better (*snickers*)...
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

So let me get this straight. Jay Cutler throws too many interceptions to win a Superbowl (we've decided that at the ripe old age of 26, he is done progressing as a QB, that's completely legit). I mean, he does throw an interception once every 31 passes or so. It's not like, say, Ben Roethlisberger, who has won two Superbowls, who is so much more careful with the ball throws an interception every 28 attempts.

Oh. Wait. Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by DexterM View Post
                        So let me get this straight. Jay Cutler throws too many interceptions to win a Superbowl (we've decided that at the ripe old age of 26, he is done progressing as a QB, that's completely legit). I mean, he does throw an interception once every 31 passes or so. It's not like, say, Ben Roethlisberger, who has won two Superbowls, who is so much more careful with the ball throws an interception every 28 attempts.

I can say, you legitimately pwnd that one, good show.
                        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Quite an entrance lol.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                          like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Rep is up for you!

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                              im not saying production wise, but playing style wise.
                              So you're esentially saying he's a poor decision maker that dosen't get production either. Sounds like my kind of QB...

they get smoked.

Comment

no, im saying that after brett played like 500000 years he had awesome production and his playing style succeeded more than it failed him, so why should it be any different for someone with the same playing style?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information