New Deal For Cutler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
    I think peyton manning is the worst quarterback ever.

There I'm being subjective. Very Subjective.

I'm also very wrong.
    There is a big difference between having a obviously stupid opinion and a debatable opinion.

Certainly, people can have an opposite opinion on Cutler at this point. There is not clear right answer right now and only time will tell. But I don't think he's got the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
      I miss him, cuz every Broncos-Chargers game had the potential to lead to a Cutler-Rivers heavyweight fight, and I wanna see that happen.
      Oh wait, you got that beast in your sig to lead you guys to promise land...can you say Jake Plummer clone?

As for Cutler, he is beast and I love watching him play. Ryan, Flacco, Rivers, Palmer, Cutler, Brady, Favre and Peyton are some of the funest QB's to watch. Guys who are balls to the wall, well Ryan isn't but its still fun to watch a great QB like him, I love watching QBs who are so damn strong that INT's, incomplete passes and even losses don't faze them. Cutler gives the Bears a guy to root for on the offensive side of the ball. They needed that, they need someone who is that kind of guy. And paying him the big bucks was worth it. Cutler for mayor you herbs.

Comment

People said that same thing about Peyton Manning before he actually won one. He was a choker. He couldn't win a big game.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
          People said that same thing about Peyton Manning before he actually won one. He was a choker. He couldn't win a big game.
          Peyton is beast, Orton is not. Cutler is beast, Orton is not. Do you think that the Broncos would be better with Cutty? I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
            Peyton is beast, Orton is not. Cutler is beast, Orton is not. Do you think that the Broncos would be better with Cutty? I think so.
            Dude, I wasn't even addressing you. I decided not to press quote, but you snuck a post in before I could. Obviously Orton isn't on their level as a quarterback. He's good at what he does, and that's good for us. The only problem if we still had Jay would be that he'd put the D into bad situations sometimes. But I think the scoring output he'd most likely get would override that problem. We might not be 6-0 right now, but we'd probably be better equipped for a postseason run.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sneaky like that, and you know you addressed me, you love me, you all do. Stop snitching by the way, its very unbecoming of you, anyway, Cutty would be a beast right now for the Bronks.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                There is a big difference between having a obviously stupid opinion and a debatable opinion.
                Hm I am not so sure on this one, you'd be surprised at the kind of things people consider facts. This is also a very applicable life lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
                  Oh wait, you got that beast in your sig to lead you guys to promise land...can you say Jake Plummer clone?

As for Cutler, he is beast and I love watching him play. Ryan, Flacco, Rivers, Palmer, Cutler, Brady, Favre and Peyton are some of the funest QB's to watch. Guys who are balls to the wall, well Ryan isn't but its still fun to watch a great QB like him, I love watching QBs who are so damn strong that INT's, incomplete passes and even losses don't faze them. Cutler gives the Bears a guy to root for on the offensive side of the ball. They needed that, they need someone who is that kind of guy. And paying him the big bucks was worth it. Cutler for mayor you herbs.
                  Orton is nothing like Plummer. In fact, Cutler is more like Plummer with his turnover ratios. Orton is more like Griese or Chad Pennington. He takes care of the ball and plays possession football. He's the type of QB that would fit the old Steelers type of QB. Someone who manages the game and lets the defense and running game take over. However, that's short changing him. With every game, Orton's actually gotten better this season and he's taken advantages of huge plays when they present themselves.

Comment

I wish that someone could rein Jay Cutler in, unfortunately he is who he is: a poor man's Brett Favre. He will be sandwiched in the 6-12 QB range until he disciplines himself; but man his combination of arm strength, mobility and aggressiveness is fun to watch. I'm not sure it will translate into the Super Bowls that Bears' fans hope it will though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      I wish that someone could rein Jay Cutler in, unfortunately he is who he is: a poor man's Brett Favre. He will be sandwiched in the 6-12 QB range until he disciplines himself; but man his combination of arm strength, mobility and aggressiveness is fun to watch. I'm not sure it will translate into the Super Bowls that Bears' fans hope it will though.
                      I could see him get one like Brett, but unless the Bears D can regain its dominance and sustain it, I don't think he'll get one beyond that. He is only 26 though, so maybe he can improve on his decision making. I love him in the clutch though. It seems like any time a game is close and the ball is in his hands, he's gonna drive down the field and at least give you a chance to win. I don't think I've ever seen him get the ball in that situation and then have nothing happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information