Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Deal For Cutler

Bears announce Cutler deal

Though the terms, as usual, have not been disclosed, the Chicago Bears officially have announced that quarterback Jay Cutler's contract has been extended by two years.

Cutler is now under contract through 2013.

Full terms likely will be leaked or reported in the coming days. So stay tuned.

30 mill says SI.com.

Comment

$20 Million in guaranteed money through 2013. A little early, but can't argue with it, since we gave up a lot to get him.

Comment

Not early. We're aren't ripping up his old deal, just adding years onto it. Signed through 2013. Works for me.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

This serves to add some guaranteed money to the contract since a trade strips that away. It's common practice after a trade - if anything this is a little late as such deals are often ready to go before the trade is signed off on.

Fairly win win - Jay gets a little more security knowing he isn't a freebie to release/trade, he probably gets a new signing bonus straight away, and the Bears probably saved a bit off the cap in the short term (which may not actually matter with the CBA expiring and all).

Comment

Whats the bears cap situation lookin like these days?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

So when does Orton get a new deal?

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                Whats the bears cap situation lookin like these days?
                I'm not sure, but it's probably better for 2009 after this. It likely wasn't too much of a pay increase, if at all, and all they likely really did was effectively turn some base salary into prorated signing bonus, not to mention reset his year count on his deal back to year 1, which is almost always the lowest cap impacting year on an NFL contract.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                  I'm not sure, but it's probably better for 2009 after this. It likely wasn't too much of a pay increase, if at all, and all they likely really did was effectively turn some base salary into prorated signing bonus, not to mention reset his year count on his deal back to year 1, which is almost always the lowest cap impacting year on an NFL contract.
                  Well I just figured because they took on Gaines Adams contract as well on top of recently giving Briggs, Urlacher and that crappy guard some money. I'm not familiar with the amounts, just curious.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Smart not to give him a long term contract. He will never win a superbowl. He doesn't have it in him.

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                      So when does Orton get a new deal?
                      He should get his lifetime contract any day now.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                      Originally posted by Job
                      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
                        Smart not to give him a long term contract. He will never win a superbowl. He doesn't have it in him.
                        Yeah okay.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Well I just figured because they took on Gaines Adams contract as well on top of recently giving Briggs, Urlacher and that crappy guard some money. I'm not familiar with the amounts, just curious.
                          Prior to this, we had quite a bit of cap room. I'm guessing this was done with a lot of the money coming this year to eat some of it up.

Gaines Adams counts against the cap for about a million a year for the rest of his contract...Tampa got stuck.

Comment

Urlacher only got like 1 year added onto his contract, crappy guard didn't get that much, and Lance Briggs' deal was below market price. He got less than what the Jets gave Calvin Pace.

Money's no problem. Most of our good players are locked up for the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information