Grade Your Teams 2009 Draft Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grade Your Teams 2009 Draft Picks

I know its still very early and there's no way of knowing how big of an impact the rookies will eventually have but I am still interested in how some of the draft prosoects i liked are panning out. I'll start with the my boys the Lions, who have won more games than the former AFC Champs.

1a. Matt Stafford (QB) B+:Despite playing on a terrible team Stafford has played great. Its obvious he will be our starter for a long time

1b. Brandon Pettigrew (TE) C-: He is not playing bad and has made some plays but looks like a rookie and dropping a lot of catchable balls at the worst times.

2a. Louis Delmas (S) C+: A hard hitting safety who hasn't hit hard yet. Its tough to judge delmas because our secoundary is so bad Delmas has NO ONE else to help him make plays.

3a.DeAndre Levy (LB) B+: Levy has been the surprise pick of our draft. He has looked great in the time he hasn't gotten to play. He is showing he can play all the LB positions and will be our full time starter next year.

3b. Derrick Williams (WR/KR) D: He looked good at WR in preseason, hasn't done anything at WR in regular season. He looked terrible in preseason at KR and just got move into the starting role (by default).

4. Sammie Lee Hill (DT) C+: He is still very raw but will be a good player in the league. He is currently our starter and will continue to improve.

6. Aaron Brown (RB) D+: Myy boii. He hasn't done anything in the regular season when given a chance. Has potential but very unproven.

Packers

1a-BJ Raji-(DT)C-/Inc-injured his ankle in preseason..it's been nagging him all year. kept him out of weeks 1 and 2. been mostly a non-factor in the 1.5 games he was in. generally rotates with Pickett at NT. hasn't moved around the line as expected.

1b-Clay Matthews(OLB)-A--he's came on strong the last 2 games. earning the starting OLB job opposite of Kampman. he's looking like everything AJ Hawk was supposed to be. always around the ball. plays smart. great pass rusher.

4-TJ Lang(T)-B+-He's exceeded expectations. he was the only tackle able to contain Jared Allen against the Vikings. and, performed very well against the Lions at LT when Clifton went down. he seems to have ended the packer's musical chairs approach to the o-line. at worst, he's an adequate backup for Clifton. at best, he's our LT of the future.

5a-Quinn Johnson (FB)-INC-Still waiting to make an impact. barely made the team, and hasn't been active much. With Korey Hall out, he'll probably see some time, but John Kuhn has played too well to lose playing time to an unproven rookie.

5b-Jamon Meredith (T)-F-failed to make the team. earns a failing grade.

6-Jarius Wynn (DE)-INC-showed promise in pre-season. hasn't played much and wasn't expected to. with some grooming, could be a solid backup option on the d-line.

7-Brad Jones (LB)-INC-ooks like a solid special teams option. he's done what's asked of him.
    Last edited by drowe; 10-21-2009, 11:46 AM.

Comment

1. Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
      Bey has two catches for 36 yards and he's the # 7 overall pick. F

2. Mike Mitchell, S, Ohio University
      Is a special teams player right now. NA

3. Matt Shaughnessy, DE Wisconsin
      He has only played a little bit. NA

4a. Louis Murphy, WR, Florida
      Plays with a lot of passion, you can tell he wants to be a good. Murphy even likes to block. C+

4b. Slade Norris, LB, Oregon State
      Is on the practice squad. F

6a. Stryker Sulak, DE, Missouri
      Cut before TC. F

6b. Brandon Myers, TE, Iowa
      Looked good in preseason but hasn't t played this season. NA
      Taking a Knapp.

Comment

1. Andre Smith (T): C - Yet to hit the field, but is practicing now so he could be a rising star soon.

2. Rey Maualuga (LB): A+ - Pretty much been our defensive standout outside of Odom. He show all the potential to be a leader for years.

3. Michael Johnson (DE): B - Seen some action and shows a lot of potential and will most likely be in A LOT more with Odom out now.

3b. Chase Coffman (TE): D - Yet to see the field. I expect this to change soon.

4. Jonathon Luigs (C): C - He is a work in progress stuck behind Kyle Cook who has played really solid.

5. Kevin Huber (P): A - He has played really well for us showing great skill and ability.

6. Morgan Trent (CB): C - In limited play he has actually appeared to be a very solid player in his limited roles.

6b. Bernard Scott (RB): B - Hasnt seen much time in the regular season but shows great burst when he does. Will be interesting to see if Bratkowski can use him more.

All of our 7th rounders are PS guys or elsewhere.

bonekrusher
        The Twitters
        themaninblack

Comment

Rams
          1) Jason Smith: B
          - He's been good while in, he hasn't given up any sacks, and has been physical and a mauler in the run game.

2) James Laurinatis: A+
          - Quickly becoming one of the best young LBs in football.

3) Bradley Fletcher: B
          - Been good when in, phyiscal in run support and a blanket in pass D.

4) Dorrell Scott: S
          - Hasn't been active yet, but this week he should be. He looked great in preseason and Training Camp.

5) Brooks Foster: S
          - Solid in training camp and preseason, out for the season.

6) Keith Null, QB: S
          - Hasn't been active but looked great in preseason and training camp.

7) Chris Ogbonnaya, F
          - Didn't make the team.
          | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Saints
            1st Malcolm Jenkins
            Special teams stud and seems the field occasionally in the nickel and dime. Forced two fumbles on special teams already and looks good when he is on the field. Might transition to safety next season due to porter and greer playing like absolute studs. Grade: c+
            4th Chip Vaughn
            Is on IR, wont play this season.
            Grade: no grade
            4th Stanley Arnoux
            See Chip
            5th Thomas Morstead
            Suprised the staff in training camp where they figured out that he could also do kickoffs better than anybody on the team (for realz they didnt know the guy could do that). His punting is middle of the pack and improving and his kickoffs are as good.
            Grade: B

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

1. Malcolm Jenkins (CB): C
              Mostly a special teamer so far, but has gotten some plays on defense.

4a. Chip Vaughn (S): N/A
              Placed on injured reserve for the entire season.

4b. Stanley Arnoux (LB): N/A
              Placed on injured reserve for the entire season.

5. Thomas Morstead (P): B
              Doing great on both punting and kickoffs.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Can we grade another teams draft?

Because i can smell the doughnuts in here.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Steelers:

1st - Evander 'Ziggy' Hood: He looked good in pre-season but hasn't had much playing time as rookies rarely fully understand Lebeau's scheme. C

3rd - Kraig Urbik: Didn't really impress much in pre-season and training camp. Got outplayed by a few lesser drafted linemen. D

3rd - Mike Wallace: Potential baller. Has played really well and is already the 3rd WR on the depth chart. Has speed like I haven't seen on the football field. B+

3rd - Kennan Lewis: Impressed coaches and plays special teams well. Always around the ball on special teams. C

5th - Joe Burnett - Been a disappointment so far. Hasn't done anything really. C

5th - Frank 'The Tank' Summer: Also another disappointment so far. Was brought in to be our short and goalline situation back. Was outplayed by someone 30 lbs less than him. D

6th - Ra'shon Harris: Didn't make the team....but has since been brought back because of Aaron Smith's injury. D

7th - A.Q. Shipley: Played his hear out but didn't make the cut. D

7th - David Johnson: Is on the team and contributes. I would say for a 7th rounder that is pretty good. I give him a C.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Redskins:
                    Brian Orakpo OLB (B) - is a beast of a pass rusher but is exposed as a SLB covering TE's. Not his fault the Redskins coaches are idiots.
                    Kevin Barnes CB (D) - made the 53 man roster but hasn't been active for a game yet. Why they are playing Byron "footsie" Westbrook over him is another indictment of our coachng staff.
                    Cody Glenn OLB (F) - cut in TC. Is on the Colts, I believe.
                    Robert Henson ILB (D) - made the 53 man roster but hasn't been active for a game yet.
                    Eddie Williams TE/FB (D) - is on our practice squad.
                    Marko Mitchell WR (C-) - made the 53 man roster and has been activated for a game or 2 but nothing significant. Fans are clamouring for him to play on offense given the non-contribution of Kelly/Thomas/Davis.
                    Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

Comment

Vontae Davis (CB) C+ - Has made some plays out there but has given up some long completions.

Sean Smith (CB) B - Missed a couple of tackles but other wise as looked good for the most part. Leads the team in knocked down passes and shouldve had a couple if picks if he didnt drop the ball.

Pat White (QB) D - Picked up a key 1st down against the Jets other then that, nothing. Wouldve gotten an F if it wasnt for that 1st down.

Patrick Turner (WR) F - Been inactive all season and coaches are concerned he doesnt have the passion and fire for the game. Only made the team based on his draft statues.

Brian Hartline (WR) C+ - Knows all 3 WR positions so clearly is a smart player. Getting alot of snaps based on that. Also caught a TD pass couple of weeks ago.

John Nalbone (TE) D - Been inactive and still very raw.

Chris Clemons (S) D - Inactive all season and coaches say he needs to work on the mental part of the game.

Andrew Gardner (LT) D - Inactive all season and still raw.

JD Folsom (LB) F - Didnt make the team.
                      Last edited by Da-Phins; 10-21-2009, 12:28 PM.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                        Vontae Davis (CB) C+ - Has made some plays out there but has given up some long completions.

Sean Smith (CB) B - Missed a couple of tackles but other wise as looked good for the most part. Leads the team in knocked down passes and shouldve had a couple if picks if he didnt drop the ball.

Pat White (QB) D - Picked up a key 1st down against the Jets other then that, nothing. Wouldve gotten an F if it wasnt for that 1st down.

Patrick Turner (WR) F - Been inactive all season and coaches are concerned he doesnt have the passion and fire for the game. Only made the team based on his draft statues.

Brian Hartline (WR) C+ - Knows all 3 WR positions so clearly is a smart player. Getting alot of snaps based on that. Also caught a TD pass couple of weeks ago.

John Nalbone (TE) D - Been inactive and still very raw.

Chris Clemons (S) D - Inactive all season and coaches say he needs to work on the mental part of the game.

Andrew Gardner (LT) D - Inactive all season and still raw.

JD Folsom (LB) F - Didnt make the team.
                        Sounds like a down year for Bill Parcells...

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Sounds like a down year for Bill Parcells...
                          Looks that way so far. He did have a good 08 draft though.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

1) Donald Brown(RB) B : Solid so far. If nothing else, he helped us realize the O-line is crap and it's not totally on the RBs. But he's getting it done as a receiver/blocker.

2) Fili Moala(DT) INC : Will be active for the first time this week.

3) Jerraud Powers(CB) B+ : Seems wise/experienced beyond his years. Started week 1 due to injuries and is making a case to be a full-time starter.

4A) Austin Collie(WR) B+ : A little old for a rookie, but has shown he can be a viable weapon for Peyton. He & Pierre Garcon have made the injury to Gonzalez unnoticeable.

4B) Terrance Tyler(DT) F : No longer with the team.

6) Curtis Painter(QB) D : Obviously hasn't gotten on the field yet, but appears that 4-6 years from now could help the team in the post-Manning era.

7A) Pat McAfee(P) B+ - Has been nothing but a stud so far. Long punts are looooooooong and I believe one that rolled out of bounds at the 1.

7B) Jaimie Thomas(OT) F - Not on the roster, don't know if he's on PS.
                            Last edited by falloutboy14; 10-21-2009, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Percy Harin - B
                              ---He needs to stay healthy in order for me to give him a higher grade. Hopefully, his lingering variety of injuries won't last long because he has shown that he needs to be accounted for when fully healthy.

Phil Loadholt - C+
                              ---I don't think he has really struggled but at the same time I really haven't seen him shine. He has a solid future ahead of him so I'm not worried about his development right now.

Asher Allen - Incomplete
                              ---Allen hasn't seen the field much, if at all this season. However, that will probably change if Antoine Winfield is truly out for 2-4 weeks.

Jasper Brinkley - C
                              --- I give him a C because he is playing well for the role that he has on the team.

Jamarcus Sanford - D
                              --- Personally, I'm not high on Sanford so far. I realize that he was a 7th round choice, but he has been beaten a couple times so far and from the games that I've seen, he really hasn't played well in any aspect of the game.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information