"The Raiders will be in the playoffs in 2009"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarioPalmer View Post
    Yeah, but are they actually worse then Oakland? That is the question.
    I certainly think so. Then again it's going to come down to how effectively we run the ball; last week we finally found a hot hand in Fargas whose running style probably fits Cable's offensive scheme a little nicer. He's a true one-cut and go kinda runner that we need unlike Bush who tends to dance around the hole a bit too much. I prefer Fargas as the consistent option we could lean on until DMC returns.

Chaz coming back this week is without a doubt a major boost to our O, though I'm expecting him to make an early impact mainly as a possession-type receiver, which is fine because right now Jamarcus needs to continue to build his confidence, and he's the safest target outside of Miller on our roster.

And the defense we know is close to legit all the way through, barring CJ's couple of blips a game, and the SLB spot.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
      I certainly think so. Then again it's going to come down to how effectively we run the ball; last week we finally found a hot hand in Fargas whose running style probably fits Cable's offensive scheme a little nicer. He's a true one-cut and go kinda runner that we need unlike Bush who tends to dance around the hole a bit too much. I prefer Fargas as the consistent option we could lean on until DMC returns.

Chaz coming back this week is without a doubt a major boost to our O, though I'm expecting him to make an early impact mainly as a possession-type receiver, which is fine because right now Jamarcus needs to continue to build his confidence, and he's the safest target outside of Miller on our roster.

And the defense we know is close to legit all the way through, barring CJ's couple of blips a game, and the SLB spot.

I'm really bummed about Russell though, I was all high on him this year and even thought he'd be the second best QB in that division, or at least hope he would. Cassel is trash, he is Derek Anderson, a no body who has one good year and gets paid for it, whatever, the Chiefs are feeling it now and he looks lost when he has no talent playing around him, ha!, so much for him being a franchise QB. And I didn't think that Orton would be any where near as effective for the Broncos as he has been, so I thought by default that Russell would be the man, plus I actually had the Raiders winning around 6-8 games, which meant that it would be a successful season, then draft a D-Lineman in 2010, and next year make a serious push for the Wild Card.

But it doesn't look like that now.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
        i love this week.

brady beats up a terrible defense and still only makes a couple of great throws = brady is the best qb in the nfl again.

oakland beats a bad nfc east team = raiders to the playoffs.

this is absolutely the week of ludicrous extrapolation.
        Wasn't this bad NFC east team the front runner for the NFC spot in the SB during pre-season?
        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
          Wasn't this bad NFC east team the front runner for the NFC spot in the SB during pre-season?
          I won't bet against the Pats, not yet atleast. And which team in the NFC East actually looks better than them? Seriously? As for Super Bowl contenders, they are still the Pats and because they have Brady, Bill and that high powered O, you can't completely dump them from serious contention.

Comment

I won't bet against the Pats, not yet atleast. And which team in the NFC East actually looks better than them? Seriously? As for Super Bowl contenders, they are still the Pats and because they have Brady, Bill and that high powered O, you can't completely dump them from serious contention.
            think you have your As and Ns mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Timbathia View Post
              think you have your As and Ns mixed up.
              sorry...LOL

Comment

Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Comment

i fail to see your point.
                  Nothing I just like hearing it. Also waiting for some crow eaters.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Comment

They need score points, the raiders have a good d-line and good defensive backs despite the loss vs. the giants. They had a poor draft, DHB looks like a new Troy Williamson
                    Last edited by DaN1eL; 10-21-2009, 10:18 PM.

Pat White will come back

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      Also if you listen to the interview, they asked him straight up, are the Raiders going to make the playoffs. Yes or no. He better say yes no matter how he really feels.
                      Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                      Well hey at least he's optimistic and is going to be playing hard every week. Jim Mora has already given up on the year, and he's a head coach.
                      Exactly. He shouldn't be saying the season is lost already (whether he really feels like it is or not) unlike some people.

Comment

The greatest football quote of all time.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                        Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

i love this week.

brady beats up a terrible defense and still only makes a couple of great throws = brady is the best qb in the nfl again.

oakland beats a bad nfc east team = raiders to the playoffs.

this is absolutely the week of ludicrous extrapolation.
                          Broncos beat Chargers= BRONCOS WIN THE ******* SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!

wait, that's no exaggeration...

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Seymour was even laughing while he said this.
                            Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                              Broncos beat Chargers= BRONCOS WIN THE ******* SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!

wait, that's no exaggeration...
                              Everytime they've gone 6-0, they've gone to the Super Bowl. The last two times, they won it.

FACT

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                              Originally posted by Job
                              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                                Everytime they've gone 6-0, they've gone to the Super Bowl. The last two times, they won it.

FACT
                                Everytime JFK rode in a limo he wasn't assassinated, except once...just saying

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information