Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 7 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    People don't know **** when it comes to the Colts, what's new. I expect it at this point.

    6 games in 2008.
    15 games in 2007.
    4 games in 2006.
    14 games in 2005.
    6 games in 2004.

    Bob Sanders has never missed a playoff game since joining the Colts in 2004, he's started/played in all 9 games.

    Talk of trading Sanders is just stupid imo.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Geo View Post
      People don't know **** when it comes to the Colts, what's new. I expect it at this point.

      6 games in 2008.
      15 games in 2007.
      4 games in 2006.
      14 games in 2005.
      6 games in 2004.

      Bob Sanders has never missed a playoff game since joining the Colts in 2004, he's started/played in all 9 games.

      Talk of trading Sanders is just stupid imo.
      Especially with the hit on the cap with his current contract.

      Comment


      • #18
        I know for at least this 2010 offseason, there isn't much money saved in trading him. His base salary next year is $2.275M, doesn't make sense to move him. Plus I really think we go into the uncapped 2010 league year, but that's a whole other matter.

        2011 his base salary jumps to $5.5M, and then $7M in the final 2012 year.

        I'd give Bobzilla this season and 2010 at least. Then he turns 30 years old on Feb. 2011, if you want to cut loose then, so be it.

        But the Colts are hitting a peak in '09 and '10, the cycle is back in their favor, so trading Sanders now makes no sense. Especially if you're not going to save much cash.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

        Comment


        • #19
          The win over the Eagles didn't embolden me as it did for some Raider fans, but I'm hoping the team can manage to kick the Jets while they're down. Getting back to back wins heading into the bye week would be huge.

          Comment


          • #20
            Omar Gaither out for season

            Comment


            • #21
              Atlanta will be facing a team coming off of a bye for the 2nd week in a row when it goes into Dallas. Lovie Smith was 3-0 after byes before he faced the Falcons. Wade Phillips is 2-0 after byes. Hopefully Phillips faces the same results as Smith.

              "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                The win over the Eagles didn't embolden me as it did for some Raider fans, but I'm hoping the team can manage to kick the Jets while they're down. Getting back to back wins heading into the bye week would be huge.
                and making seymour's dream come true.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

                United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                  The win over the Eagles didn't embolden me as it did for some Raider fans, but I'm hoping the team can manage to kick the Jets while they're down. Getting back to back wins heading into the bye week would be huge.
                  last week was the first time the raiders have taken a Knee since 2002

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    ^
                    While not actually true, that made me laugh really hard.

                    Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                    and making seymour's dream come true.
                    I think being 3-4 still leaves us with a ways to go, but if Oakland can't capitalize on the momentum of beating the Eagles and take down a Jets team that just lost the anchor to their defense and has a rookie quarterback who is seriously struggling, Seymour will look even crazier than he does right now.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                      I think being 3-4 still leaves us with a ways to go, but if Oakland can't capitalize on the momentum of beating the Eagles and take down a Jets team that just lost the anchor to their defense and has a rookie quarterback who is seriously struggling, Seymour will look even crazier than he does right now.
                      somehow i forgot that denver indeed plays in the AFCW.

                      i recant all statements saying a WC will come out of the AFCW.
                      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

                      United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I doubt Bob Sanders will play more than maybe 1/4th of the defensive snaps. The Rams are a tune-up game for him if he plays. As it is I expect I'll be watching the Steelers-Vikings game more by halftime, I just don't see how the Rams give the Colts a competitive game.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                          ^
                          While not actually true, that made me laugh really hard.



                          I think being 3-4 still leaves us with a ways to go, but if Oakland can't capitalize on the momentum of beating the Eagles and take down a Jets team that just lost the anchor to their defense and has a rookie quarterback who is seriously struggling, Seymour will look even crazier than he does right now.
                          thats what i saw on schefters twitter

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                            thats what i saw on schefters twitter
                            Oakland took a knee on the last drive of the KC game in week 2. I imagine Schefter was trying to be funny.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              haha, then here is a stat:

                              The Steelers are being outscored 55-16 in the fourth quarter this season.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                                I doubt Bob Sanders will play more than maybe 1/4th of the defensive snaps. The Rams are a tune-up game for him if he plays. As it is I expect I'll be watching the Steelers-Vikings game more by halftime, I just don't see how the Rams give the Colts a competitive game.
                                Agreed, it's like that Eagles Raiders game last week........ oh wait.


                                Originally posted by WMD
                                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                                Originally posted by gpngc
                                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information