Possible London Franchise?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
    Hockey and basketball are "global" because different countries have their own independent leagues. You don't see NHL or NBA franchises in Europe or Asia because it's not feasible.
    I didnt want to let this to go unnoticed as it's the second-to-last post on page one, and pretty much how I feel about this.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Hell no, Hell no!
      Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
        sorry, but expanding to europe...or asia..or africa..or underwater, or the moon is only good for goodell and the 32 members of the billionaire boys club, aka, the owners. it screws the players. and it screws the fans.

I know very well that the NFL is a business. But, that only goes so far.

We're force-feeding football to europe, while countless cities in the US would LOVE to have an NFL team.

and, it disrupts the competitive balance. what happens if a team moves to london? Draft Prospects would refuse to sign. traded players would refuse to sign. free agents would list the team 32 out of 32. not all the time. but enough to put the franchise at a huge competitive disadvantage.

christ, there's already the issue of east coast teams having a terrible time playing on the west coast. what do you think happens when we need to schedule 8 games in london. every team on the schedule is gonna want it in front of a bye, or not at all.

it opens up a huge problem for the draft, free agency, scheduling, logistics...all so we can put a team in a place where we're basing the interest level on the fact that the 1 game a year we play there is a big deal.

but, at least the owners will get a little richer.
        I agree with all of this except the screwing the fans part, but it is not relevant.

You may not like Goodell but he's a very good exec. You're twisting what he's doing and projecting a "I want my name in lights" motivation on the guy incorrectly & unjustly, in my opinion.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

**** LONDON!!!!!!! DEY DOOK ARE JERBS!!!!!

If it happens I would hate to be in that division. That means you go there once a year lol
          Originally posted by SunTzu_22
          Just let it go RWO.
          We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

I don't see why the NATIONAL Football League would want to start a franchise in Europe. I can see maybe a Canadian team, maybe even a team in Mexico City, or Peurto Rico, but not in Europe yet. I just don't see that happening. I don't see the NFL leaving North America for a long time. This is the National Football League, not the International Football League. :/

sig by fenikz
            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
            You are just a terrible person.
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            I have an iPhone.

Comment

If the NFL expands another team within the US, they are just shifting fan interest. ...not really gaining a new NFL fan.

If they expand in another country, they gain an entire country of NFL fans.

It's all about the money folks. Never let that thought out of your brains.

Comment

I think everyone knows it's all about the money but the logistics of everything will not work.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
                  I don't see why the NATIONAL Football League would want to start a franchise in Europe. I can see maybe a Canadian team, maybe even a team in Mexico City, or Peurto Rico, but not in Europe yet. I just don't see that happening. I don't see the NFL leaving North America for a long time. This is the National Football League, not the International Football League. :/
                  Canada.... Mexico... Oh it's coming. Make no mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post

Comment

Mexico City has a chance, I would even suggest Toronto; but there is no way a franchise in London can travel (and its opponents) eight times and be competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                        Let me re-phrase that post, I can see it happening maybe 10-20 years from now. Canada and Mexico are more realistic since they have about the same time zones as the United States. I just don't see a franchise in Europe for at least another 30 years. And Peurto Rico is United States territory. Therefore, there could be a team there soon.

sig by fenikz
                        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                        You are just a terrible person.
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                          The Joyford Hill Jaguars?

The NFL brand & the individual teams are what matters to Goodell. I find it amusing that anyone would think the opinion of the fan should have any impact on what essentially is a financial decision.

Honestly, anyone who claims they will stop being a fan because there's a team based in a non-US city is full of ****. And even if I'm wrong on that it doesn't matter much as the league would gain several fans abroad for every domestic market fan who stopped watching.
                          Im not full of ****. I would cease being a fan. If they wanted to start a club made of athletes in Australia or France, Im cool with it, but telling a 22 year old that he has to live in a place he prob doesn't want to be in the first place is crazy. Goodell is a dumbass.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                          I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

London is probably a more desirable place to live than half the American cities we have NFL Teams in. The problem would be the money issue though.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Also potentially securing visas.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                                Im not full of ****. I would cease being a fan. If they wanted to start a club made of athletes in Australia or France, Im cool with it, but telling a 22 year old that he has to live in a place he prob doesn't want to be in the first place is crazy. Goodell is a dumbass.
                                More power to you, then. I can't even begin to understand what, exactly, you are a fan of now that would be so severly impacted by a team in London or some other non U.S. city.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information