• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible London Franchise?

“Ultimately where it ends up? I think it’s very practical,
    if the interest continues to grow, that we could have an NFL
    franchise in London,” Goodell said. A franchise might move or
    the league could establish a new team, he said.
    http://wbztv.com/sports/nfl.london.games.2.1266625.html

And a possible game in Nigeria

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday the league has discussed the possibility of holding a game in Nigeria.
    Former Chiefs running back Christian Okoye has been pushing for the league to hold a game in his native country.
    "It's something that holds some interest to us," Goodell said.
    "Not only because a number of players come from that area, but more importantly because there is a lot of interest in our game over there."
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...e-in-nigeria/1

Goodell needs to stop all this stuff. I wish we had Tagliabue back.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

i want a german franchise

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
      i want a german franchise
      There would be you and how many others? It's not sustainable to have a franchise in London or any other European city, not to mention all the logistics of time change and so on.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        There would be you and how many others? It's not sustainable to have a franchise in London or any other European city, not to mention all the logistics of time change and so on.
        And it would totally eff with what I feel is an ideal divisional and conference structure to add another team....And to simply move one really screws over the other teams in its division who suddenly have to cross the Atlantic for that game.

Comment

i know it would. I just want NFL E back

Comment

I think the scheduling conflict is what would make it so rough, not the fan base. It's already so rough for teams inside the U.S. to have to travel across the country for a game and then head back, I think overseas would just be awful for so many teams.

Comment

I hope this is Goodell just yapping and we never really see this.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                I think the scheduling conflict is what would make it so rough, not the fan base. It's already so rough for teams inside the U.S. to have to travel across the country for a game and then head back, I think overseas would just be awful for so many teams.
                The American football seasn would be directly competing with the English Premier League. The fans there just wouldn't care nearly as much I feel.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

You have to do a test-run first.

Hold one game in London for 16 of the 17 weeks for two straight years. Two years, so that every team in the NFL could concede one home game.

If it's still selling out at the end of the two years, then you consider it.

But it would prove to be a logistics nightmare anyway.

Comment

The American football seasn would be directly competing with the English Premier League. The fans there just wouldn't care nearly as much I feel.
                    Yes, sorry, I worded my post poorly. I think the fan base would struggle, but still be sustainable, similar to other extremely small market teams like Jacksonville or Buffalo.

Again, I agree with everything you said in your original post, I just think the scheduling part of it is the absolute biggest.

Comment

The day a Superbowl or a current NFL team moves overseas is the day I quit watching pro football. Its like Goodell doesn't even give a **** about what we think, I bet if you were to take a poll 90% of Americans are opposed to this. I dont even care if we play a few REGULAR season games over there. Just start an alternate leauge with another countries own players.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                      I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

I have always had trouble understanding why this kinda stuff is a bad thing. Look at other North American sports like hockey and basketball and what they have been able to accomplish overseas in terms of globalizing their game - football should be no different.

The NFL is a brand and they should have every right to exhaust all possible business ventures they see as profitable. The Nigeria game, in particular, seems like an exciting avenue for the league to undertake. The African continent is a rapidly growing, evolving market in specific regions like Nigeria. It is football crazy (of the other kind), however, from what I know this sport is not as embedded in the national landscape as other regions of the continent, so there is an opportunity here to exploit.

The London franchise, on the other hand, is far too premature at this point to consider. My opinion is that the "interest" there is often overestimated.

Comment

I hope this is Goodell just yapping and we never really see this.
                          As do I. It'd completely take way from the United States national game. You don't see MLB over there do you? No, it'd be incredibly hard on the players and would be down right stupid.
                          | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Since when Football is property of the Americans ? I find it kind of funny that Goodell would base his decisions on what people think. If it makes money and give the sport more visibility over the world why not ? I just don't understand where the hates is from. Game overseas are good for the sport and game outside of the US too.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

The teams that the NFL propose join the division with the Euro team will raise hell. It would put them at a significant disdvantage.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information